PDA

View Full Version : better drivers???

evouk
09-01-2008, 20:46
SAW THIS WEBSITE BEING DISCUSSED ON A TV PROG ON SKY

http://www.betterdrivingplease.com

HAVE A LOOK AND SEE IF ANYONE HAS REPORTED YOUR CAR REG FOR ANY OFFENCES......sad people but funny reports!!!!!

1995clio16v
09-01-2008, 23:55
great find!!

im not on! :o

Like you say though, as if youd go out your way and put a post up because someone failed to stop at a red light!!

For ****s sake!!

:D

Allan
10-01-2008, 00:47
aye i saw that program too, watching about the people one bikes jumping lights etc :S

number1
10-01-2008, 00:59
F***** Sad!! they should pay more attention to there own driving rather than jotting down vehicles with "defective" plates and people talking on the phone,
It's pretty damn dangerous taking someones details down i.e. Registration, time, road, "offence" whilst trying to drive yourself if you ask me!

Dave

Wobba
10-01-2008, 10:33
Thing is I often find peoples definition of driving dangerously often includes actually driving at the speed limit itself. Since I've gotten back on the road recently I have noticed a lot more people, men and women, driving about at 20-25 mph (in empty lanes) due to the increasing paranoia of being perceived as a bad driver, induced by the and goody-goodies in our once green land and, of course, speed cameras.

****ing tossers. I think we live in a nanny state now, people are afraid to sneeze and sites like this are just an excuse for a bunch of windbags to have an even greater say.

titcharoony
10-01-2008, 10:52
'man was on phone at 30mph'. : who gives a shit?

Allan
10-01-2008, 11:40
If poeple are videoing the road and getting details fair enough, but going about writing stuff down while driving is just dangerous, far worse then talking on the phone as at least while on the phone you are watching the road not a peice of paper.

I must admit some of the posts are stupid looking down the list
"Guy pulled out in front of me" (thats because you were doing 10 mph in a 60 zone and he though he could get out with having to wait for you moaning ass ;P)

But i have seen people doing stupid things on the road and wished i had of had a camera on me or a police car there watching...

Like this morning on the way to work i watched a young lady in a saxo, pull onto the hatched lines doing about 60 to over take about 12 cars all doing the limit of 40. the worst part was she went down the outside of the traffic and some of it was turing right, could have quite easliy had someone just turn into her and cause some damage.

But i people doing it every morning in the same place.

Clio-Girl
10-01-2008, 11:49
none of my vehicles are on there, but these people really frustrate me they should be concentrating on their own driving not everbody elses

i had to leave the room when it came on TV on that road rage programme the other night i was getting really wound up!

number1
10-01-2008, 13:05
Dunno about everyone else on here, but im getting tired of defensive driving because of Total idiots that cannot drive! look at the road, pay attention! it seems that theres a minority that forget they are behind the wheel of a car

Dave

drsmith1979
10-01-2008, 13:23
the thing is, we could stitch someone up like a right kipper..... lets say.... Northy for example, we could get everyone to post a message constantly having a go etc.....

while it would be funny, it may alert the police who obviously monitor the forum to keep an eye on his car etc... which for me is totally out of order on what is hear say unless a video is present.

titcharoony
10-01-2008, 13:57
police monitor the forum?

drsmith1979
10-01-2008, 14:28
police monitor a plethora of online forums and websites, youtube, car owners clubs, etc.. thats how they get initial intelligence, if the same person keeps claiming to be doing stupid things it can put a flag on their car and reg and thus be primed to be stopped...

The police are real people, not trained monkeys lol

titcharoony
10-01-2008, 14:35
i dont doubt that, im just wondering, who exactly does it? surely its just a civvie who works for police?

drsmith1979
10-01-2008, 14:54
think it will be their intelligence office, can get sub contracted out to research teams etc... but its assessed by police officers, thats why you should never incriminate yourself on the web! haha