PDA

View Full Version : Electric waterpump????

105epwr
08-01-2008, 23:12
Am i right in saying the clio (valver and williams)have a electric water pump located n/s/f lower part of the engine bay it t-pieces of the top hose?,basically i have a track car a williams rep with a f7r motor and its got a slight leak from it and was wondering if to do away with it i.e just bridge it,im wondering if it will be ok if i take it out??
anyone done this or no any better?

cheers

seanofnp
08-01-2008, 23:15
Its belt driven.

MAXIBOY
08-01-2008, 23:17
hi mate. yes it does . its there as a safety feature and runs only once the engine is switched off to stop water collecting in the head and causing gasket failure i believe...

Crossers
08-01-2008, 23:36
Its a pump that only activates if the coolant is above 110 degrees C and the engine is then swiched off. Its purpose is to continue the flow of the coolant through the rad/engine until the temp drops. This as MAXIBOY said, to help prevent any damage when the engine is very hot and is then switched off.

If you wanna remove it you, could no probs.

Paul

cliokongen
08-01-2008, 23:47
If I remember correctly it was allowed to remove this pump on the original Clio Cup cars.

As Maxi says, its there to insure an even temperature distribution/drop between the iron block and ally head.
A relay makes it run for up to 8 minutes after switch off.
It uses one of the temp. senders in the head for its signal.

Michael

Laine_16v
09-01-2008, 00:56
I heard they turn on for 8 minutes after, not matter how long the cars been on for, or what temp the coolant is?

And that the case is most of them have packed in due to old age.

Purple
09-01-2008, 01:41
I heard they turn on for 8 minutes after, not matter how long the cars been on for, or what temp the coolant is?
The water temp gauge needs to be beyond the halfway point for the electric pump to turn on (when the engine is switched off).

It runs for a fix time (probably 8 mins) or, as what I normally do, when the water has cooled sufficiently - I switch ignition back to accessory position to turn it off the pump.

MatBrown
09-01-2008, 19:06

And that the case is most of them have packed in due to old age.

Nope, needs to be hot enough to trigger the sensor in the stat housing.

Mat.

105epwr
09-01-2008, 19:45
Cheers chaps thought so.as its a track car and not guna be sat in traffic ill remove it,as somone said probaly seized anyway!! :D