PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System Pressure Loss

Coops
08-01-2008, 00:39
I've spoken to richy about this and we're thinkin its probably regulator but i'll get some more opinions! :wink:

turn key to second click, pump primes and as i'm running a FSE with gauge i can see pressure go upto around 3.0bar.less than a second after prime finishes, pressure drops to zero, i mean instantly, by the time i've turned the key to start the car its at 0. then takes couple of cranks on the starter to rebuild the pressure to allow the car to start.

once started maintians correct pressure so theres no delivery problem

no obvious leaks in system, not to the extent of such dramatic and fast pressure loss, no petrol smell etc

pump works fine, no hesetancy, and no problems driving either, pulls strong etc

any thoughts?

cheers

Coops

MAXIBOY
08-01-2008, 01:01
fse sounds at fault...try another

ae
08-01-2008, 01:04
Could be wrong but you checked your alarm/immobiliser to make sure it not stopping power getting to the pump?

Andrew

summeh
08-01-2008, 02:13
sounds like the gauge is at fault

richy
08-01-2008, 19:32
as said mate i have a FSE still un-opened somewere you can try

Crossers
08-01-2008, 20:27
I've had an FSE that went faulty, thats why i haven't bothered wi one on the turbo, there's already far too much that can go wrong lol

Paul

MianLuv9
19-09-2023, 20:40
I've spoken to richy about this and we're thinkin its probably regulator but i'll get some more opinions! :wink:

turn key to second click, pump primes and as i'm running a FSE with gauge i can see pressure go upto around 3.0bar.less than a second after prime finishes, pressure drops to zero, i mean instantly, by the time i've turned the key to start the car its at 0. then takes couple of cranks on the starter to rebuild the pressure to allow the car to start.

once started maintians correct pressure so theres no delivery problem

no obvious leaks in system, not to the extent of such dramatic and fast pressure loss, no petrol smell etc

pump works fine, no hesetancy, and no problems driving either, pulls strong etc

any thoughts?

cheers

Coops

Hey Coops,

It's great that you've consulted with Richy about this issue. The symptoms you've described could indeed be related to a fuel pressure regulator problem. However, before diving into that, it might be worth considering the fuel quality you're using. Sometimes, issues like sudden pressure drops can occur due to variations in fuel quality.

Speaking of fuel, I've also been keeping an eye on Costco gas prices recently. It's amazing how their rates can often provide some relief when we're dealing with fuel-related issues.

Back to your car, if it's maintaining the correct pressure once started and you're not experiencing delivery problems, it's a bit of a head-scratcher. You might want to check the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator for any issues. Sometimes, a vacuum leak can cause pressure irregularities.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this soon. Feel free to keep us posted on your progress.

16v_paddy
19-09-2023, 20:48
Talk about obvious AI Spambots :lol: