PDA

View Full Version : Acellerator Pedal Cable Snapped

Jesse16v
06-01-2008, 13:19
Was on my way out tonight and my valvers cable seemed snapped (there is no cable attached to the acellerator pedal) leaving me and my misses stranded on the hard shouder, finally towed home i now need to fix this. Has this ever happened to anyone and is there a way to fix this?

It doesnt seem snapped as Such more like , come away from what looks like a white plastic clip/holder, there is a like a cylinder on the wall and what looks like inside of it a cable, but i cant seem to get it out!

drsmith1979
06-01-2008, 14:28
the accellerator cable can go quite easiliy, its not hard to replace, you just have to pull it all through from the engine bay after disconneting it from the throttle body. The hardest part of fitting a new one is to get the plastic t-piece style end through the bulk head wall into the pedal assembly as the hole isnt wuite big enough lol.... cable is around £15+ VAT and you can do it yourself within 30 mins or so

Jesse16v
06-01-2008, 14:45
To be honest im not 100% happy in accepting its snapped, you can see a cable in the grommet but i have no tool to pull it out as the hole is like 5mm round lol maybe i can use some tweezers? it basically looks like it has pingged off the acellerator clip and gone back into the grommet, has no one else done this? or suggest how i can get the cable back through the grommet and try to reconnect it?

1995clio16v
06-01-2008, 14:53
To be honest im not 100% happy in accepting its snapped, you can see a cable in the grommet but i have no tool to pull it out as the hole is like 5mm round lol maybe i can use some tweezers? it basically looks like it has pingged off the acellerator clip and gone back into the grommet, has no one else done this? or suggest how i can get the cable back through the grommet and try to reconnect it?

If any remains of the original cable is still in the footwell, connect some thin string to it and attach it to the new cable, that way it will find it way through pretty easily. Thats the way I did it when my cable snapped.

You need to take the rubber grommet away from the bulkhead to get the plastic clip through iirc. A bit of a twat to get seated back!! Its just fiddly.

drsmith1979
06-01-2008, 15:06
as said, the grommit simply pulls or pushes out to reveal the location hole, thats where things get pulled through. a ssuggested above, feed the new one through as you pull the old one out with string etc...

Matt_16v
06-01-2008, 16:42
I have had prob with the throttle cable recently also. The cable has come out of the white clip that clips into the top of the throttle pedle.

Is there a certain way to put the cable into the clip?

Matt

midge
06-01-2008, 17:44
as above, i cant get it back in that white thing either, i cable tied it to the pedal, works a treat..

i doubt your cable is snapped, sounds like it pulled out same as mine

seanofnp
06-01-2008, 22:30
the white clip is tempermental. It has a tendency to break easy. I've collected a few from scrap yards as its the same across all models. Take the white clip out and inspect. Its pretty easy tbh.

Bailey_1260
07-01-2008, 18:10
I use a pinch bolt from a mountain bike to secure mine to the pedal.

it is on the list of things to sort.......quite low down lol