PDA

View Full Version : wiring experts on different looms williams

phantome46
05-01-2008, 16:16
I have just replaced my valver engine with a tuned williams engine and the brown and white plugs have wires in different places.

I have recorded all of the wire colours and there positions as a diagram but am looking for the experts to tell me how to ensure all of the correct connections are made?

Do I have to pull the wires out of the plugs and put them back into the correct place?

Advice PLEASE!!!!

phantome46
05-01-2008, 16:46
here is the diagrams I have made

Sheets 1 is the old loom and the new williams loom i had
Sheet 2 is the plugs that are in the car and the williams plugs i have.

Any advice

Coops
05-01-2008, 16:59
no pics mate!

it'll be phase 1/phase 2 difference, use the original loom of the engine u took out

phantome46
05-01-2008, 17:06
cant that loom is fooked

Coops
05-01-2008, 17:15
:( whats ur car and whats the willy lump from? as said its more than likely a phase difference in your looms, so need a loom same phase as the car and the old lump to sling on the willy engine. could get other one working by method you said but seen people have loads of issues trying to botch them

eternalife
05-01-2008, 18:18
I cant see the pics at the mo (restricted 3g voda access).

I agree with Coops - purchase a replacement loom that matches yours exactly. Trying to mix and match looms is a ball ache.

Have a look here in order to find out which loom you have.
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27754

There has also been talks of changing both the engine and chassis loom to ensure compliance. Although, changing a chassis loom is a lengthy task.

Good Luck.