PDA

View Full Version : got a fuse box question....

titcharoony
03-01-2008, 16:17
Haynes manual just refers me back to the car so im askin here. Had a problem with wipers (now sorted), but in the process of checking everything i checked fusebox. the 9th fuse slot from the right, theres a blank with no fuse in it. Im SURE i took one out, but never put one back in, but everything seems to work ok so...what is it for? The symbol appears to be a wiper mechanism of some kind, but then, theres another of those....any clues?

chris16v
03-01-2008, 20:33
Haynes manual just refers me back to the car so im askin here. Had a problem with wipers (now sorted), but in the process of checking everything i checked fusebox. the 9th fuse slot from the right, theres a blank with no fuse in it. Im SURE i took one out, but never put one back in, but everything seems to work ok so...what is it for? The symbol appears to be a wiper mechanism of some kind, but then, theres another of those....any clues?

M8 what was ur wiper problem?
I had a problem where every time i would use the wipers the car would blow the enginemangment fuse :shock: and completly stall on me completly cut out and would not start intill i changed the fuse. It happen to be the wire from the ecu was frayed and kept shorting out on the metal. :lol:

titcharoony
03-01-2008, 21:44
was just that the linkage piece had come away from the arm. popped it back on and seems to be fine now. im sure that a fuse (like i say 9th from the right) was glowing red and eventually broke, i removed that, fixed wipers and all seems to be well again.
havnt replaced fuse with anything though