PDA

View Full Version : message for gunner and others like him!

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 21:05
im pretty certain that although my new gunnerchip is excellent and wonderful and oh so cheap...i believe that my fuel consumption has been reduced and was wondering if anyone has made up a std william chip? ive had a carrier soldered so i can just pop it in....gunner, any joy?

drsmith1979
30-12-2007, 21:09
fuel consumption has probably been affected by your right foot haha i know mine did when i have mine done, if you want better mpg, check your emissions and that your lambda is working properlly and makesure the car is fully serviced.... even if the mpg is slightly lower, the power and drivability of the car more than makes up for it!

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 21:13
trust me. ive lost alot. and im not driving any different. im losing about 150miles per tank

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 21:14
oh and can you explain more about the 'lambda' its a sensor right? dont know much about it. how do i check it working correctly? im servicing car in next week or two so ill check fuel consumption then. i was hoping the charcoal cannister might have something to do with it as its pissing out black crap. but apprently not. ill service then see. anyway, lambda?

Lunner
30-12-2007, 21:32
thats a surprise, you chip your car and you get less mpg......if you're worried about mpg get a diesel vectra......not being funny mate but almost anything you do to tune your car is gonna result is less mpg, you aren't gonna go faster using LESS fuel are you....really think about it lol

Lunner
30-12-2007, 21:34
oh and can you explain more about the 'lambda' its a sensor right? dont know much about it. how do i check it working correctly? im servicing car in next week or two so ill check fuel consumption then. i was hoping the charcoal cannister might have something to do with it as its pissing out black crap. but apprently not. ill service then see. anyway, lambda?

If your lambda is ****ed when you start the car up when its cold the revs will dip down to the point of almost stalling, and then pick back up again to around 2k revs, and keep doing this, and when you drive the car is till kangaroo and hesitate till warmed up. The lambda had gone on my hybrid when i first brought it

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 21:41
yes i understand the principle of extra fuelling and performance, but for a 'slight' increase in performance, and it is only ever so slight, even negligable increase in performance. i dont tihnk this warrants a drop from 400-450 miles per tank to 250-300. IF it is the chip.
yes yes ive heard the whole if you're worried about fuel get a diesel, but im a student and cant afford two cars. i can run the williams on 250-300 miles per tank, but when i was getting pretty much the same performance before, but was saving 10-15quid a tank, (if it is chip i might add) you would be stupid to stick with a slight performance increase. and if thats slightly unfair, id perhaps rephrase to 'im willing to sacrifice this for that'. its a personal choice thing.
annnyay, back to lambda, i havnt noticed anything from cold, but pulling up at junctions lately in neutral ive noticed the idl go to 1500 or 2000 instead of 900 which is usually sits, what do u think dr lunner? just idle adjustment, or is this suspicious

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 21:47
if it was pure performance id go for, id strip my car, or buy another r5, for considerably less money theyre far more tuneable. and most of the top ones i know wud kill the majority of willys.
but i bought a willy becuase it was quick AND had pas was comfier, had abs, eleccy sunroof and mirrors. and i was suprised by the fact that it got wicked mileage. i had found a cool ,comfy (for me, ive owned r5 turbo and 205 gti's here so come on the williams is luxury for me lol) car that was also a blast on the b roads.
i just want to see if the chip has made THAT much difference, or if its made little difference and prob lie elsewhere. plus ill need a standard one for when i sell it and put back to std

Lunner
30-12-2007, 22:17
I've got the same idle problem, or did before i took my car off the road, gonna see if tis still there when i get it taxed and tested again, what was suggested to me was speedo earth and ISCV, just never got around to sorting anything with it

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 22:20
let me know what u find mate

Lunner
30-12-2007, 22:32
gonna be a while till i can get car back on road mate, only got another day of working till i start back at work and uni and have **** all time

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 22:49
i know the feeing

Lunner
30-12-2007, 22:58
What doing a full time uni course and working 3 10 hours days a week, and finding time for a social life lol

drsmith1979
30-12-2007, 23:18
Just check to see if the lambda is connected, i have found mine unconnected before when i was the one that did it up in the first place! its under the car very close to the gearbox drip tray, its simply a black electrical plug that snaps and locks together...

a good and cheap way of checking it, lots of maintstream garages give free emissions tests to generate business, drop it in there and see what they say, they will be able to tell if the lambda is working and whether its too rich, then you can rule that out.

also, remember that when you change the chip, you reset the ecu's figures on which it bases its program... so it takes a little while to 'learn' the new figures and how to run properlly. its common in evo's, subaru's etc... how long has it been fitted?

Lunner
30-12-2007, 23:23
Just check to see if the lambda is connected, i have found mine unconnected before when i was the one that did it up in the first place! its under the car very close to the gearbox drip tray, its simply a black electrical plug that snaps and locks together...

a good and cheap way of checking it, lots of maintstream garages give free emissions tests to generate business, drop it in there and see what they say, they will be able to tell if the lambda is working and whether its too rich, then you can rule that out.

also, remember that when you change the chip, you reset the ecu's figures on which it bases its program... so it takes a little while to 'learn' the new figures and how to run properlly. its common in evo's, subaru's etc... how long has it been fitted?

Just reminded me, i still need to connect mine up, forget about it lol

drsmith1979
30-12-2007, 23:36
haha better late than never ;)

Laine_16v
30-12-2007, 23:46
Wish gunner would hurry the **** up and post my chip so i can use it :roll:

Lunner
30-12-2007, 23:54
He's a busy man lol.....give him chance....and its xmas!!

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 23:56
ill check lambda is connected. and try all those things. yes full time uni lunner, 4 x 8 hr shifts at garage and social life! final yr though!sick of it!

Lunner
30-12-2007, 23:58
Damn right mate, ****ing roll on May time

titcharoony
30-12-2007, 23:58

been fitted about 2months

Laine_16v
31-12-2007, 00:36
He's a busy man lol.....give him chance....and its xmas!!

I bought it on the 7th December via ebay, hes had loads of time.

drsmith1979
31-12-2007, 00:41
he does work for her majesty's finest and will be on silly shifts over xmas to cover the craziness so i wouldn't be too harsh on him

Lunner
31-12-2007, 00:43
he does work for her majesty's finest and will be on silly shifts over xmas to cover the craziness so i wouldn't be too harsh on him

Agreed, he is usually on silly shifts lol

You will get it, its just a matter of when

Crossers
31-12-2007, 04:15
Re gunner...

Don't think many of us Cops have had a day off in the in Nov/Dec, i know i haven't and from speaking to his housemate, nor has he!! Be patient dude.

I've a standard Willy chip that Gunner's gonna copy, for those wi hybrids.

400+ miles to a tank for a willy if fooking high, i bet the old chip was making it run lean...far too lean!!!!

U wanna try running a turbo, max 200-250 miles to a tank :?

Paul

number1
01-01-2008, 17:09
400-450 miles to a tank? wtf! i was lucky to get 350 on a good run on my 1.8!

Hybrid doesnt do much worse, with or without gunnerchip, tbh i think that because its smoother low down you can drive it with less throttle..

Shame i have to use super all the time tho lol

Allan
01-01-2008, 17:28
all depends on how you drive i guess, i did 60 all the way back from devon in the williams with my dad in my valver and they both got nearly 460 miles out of 1 tank!

but then normally i don't get more then 320 out of it as i do lots of short trips

titcharoony
01-01-2008, 18:22
exactly. im not alone!

Jamie.
03-01-2008, 23:03
320 is a good tank for me!

Laine_16v
03-01-2008, 23:09
Get about 270 to a tank in my hybrid