PDA

View Full Version : Better worse or no different?

KingStromba
08-06-2005, 12:56
Vote now

snakeylady
08-06-2005, 12:59
haven't really had to do anything to the car since buying it 18 months or so ago apart from usual bits n pieces - so I guess its pretty much as I bought it [ oh I've just remebered I've refurbed the wheels :oops: ]

WeZ01y
08-06-2005, 13:02
Mines been looked after pretty well to be honest. At the moment tho its better cost paid a fortune for the arches to be re-done etc... The wheels are now mint after getting the back ones refurbed recently. Oh and a new gearbox too! LOL

Jamie.
08-06-2005, 13:18
better i spose as i have had me rust sorted, although there are still a few issues to sort; boot, gearbox rubber mold thingy and wheel refurb. but i would say that it is better condition.

J o n
08-06-2005, 13:20
mines the same as when I got it... apart from under the bonnet where it's a different car almost! lol

only thing that's changed is my alloys have corroded more... so refurb time when I can afford it.

Tommo
08-06-2005, 13:33
Mines's slightly worse as the car had been garaged it's whole life and the previous owner only used it at weekends, whereas I haven't got a garage and use it every day for work. I try to keep it mint but it's difficult when d*ckhead keep opening car doors into it!!!. Hopefully it will be back top its former glory at the end of the summer after wheel refurb and Dent Genie have worked their magic!!

Smokey McPot
08-06-2005, 13:36
worse :(

melted engine cover, fag burn on the back seat and the dreaded rust :(

Swervin_Mervin
08-06-2005, 13:40
Mine wasn't too shabby when I got it, just needed a few things and some TLC.

It's now massively better than 16months ago. There number of dents and chips is no different 2 sprays later but as a whole it's good. I reckon I could've haggled more off the price in hindsight though.

Carlos
08-06-2005, 15:04
Definatly better!
New windscreen, New fogs & and a few bits of paint touched up.

Also a proper valet made it look 10 times better!!!

Winston
08-06-2005, 15:20
Stromba you have my spec

Car came in alright nick......atfer 3 years of abuse..... it got an interesting over haul

u33db
08-06-2005, 15:32
Worse!

Haven't cleaned it since i got it (4 months), theres reciepts all over the inside, sunroof now leaks thanks to the lowering creasing the roof. Oh, the front wheel bearing still needs fixing. It's on its 4th set of wheels though! lol

TBH i'm not arsed with it now...got my scooter to blast about on so it can just sit there...

Jan
08-06-2005, 15:37
same - unless you consider stripping the back out to make it better or worse... :wink:

Jan
08-06-2005, 15:40
haven't really had to do anything to the car since buying it 18 months or so ago apart from usual bits n pieces - so I guess its pretty much as I bought it [ oh I've just remebered I've refurbed the wheels :oops: ]

touching wood! :D

i really really hope mine runs for 18 months without great problems.... although in the first 2 months i've already done both the front wheel bearings :roll:

Zollo
08-06-2005, 16:15
Haven't got round to doing the bodywork or interior yet...still trying to sort out the mechanical side of things :x

Rudders16v
08-06-2005, 17:04
The condition of mine is the same, doesn't really need much tidying apart from a scratch on the filler cap and a stone chip on the bonnet and the silver rims on the wheels smartened up...... but thats all in the plans so soon will be better than when purchased.

At least its got the Williams sticker and badges on the boot now! And its back to standard ride height, so suppose its closer to 'original' than when i bought it

Rich
08-06-2005, 18:21
worse because of the stone chips as it had a new spray job just before i bought it :(

big hp
08-06-2005, 18:47
Mines the same apart from a thorough clean. Changed a few mechanical parts but thats about it.

scotte666
08-06-2005, 22:46
mines pretty much the same except bout 1000 more stone chips and it was already bad. and 2 car park dinks in the rear quarter that a mate from denta fix should be sorting soon for £20

Martin
08-06-2005, 22:47
Prob better...if it was'nt for the highly gay wrong coloured bumper! :(

2 live
09-06-2005, 11:16
prob bout same....theres a few more stonechips in the bonnet, but thats not really a reflection of condition, just that it gets driven.

theres a few places where some jealous cunt keyed it a while ago that u can still see the scratch, and 1 or 2 other little scratches here n there

rust wise its about the same...virtually none

engine wise.....well as u all know

Jan
09-06-2005, 11:18
mines pretty much the same except bout 1000 more stone chips and it was already bad. and 2 car park dinks in the rear quarter that a mate from denta fix should be sorting soon for £20

sounds like a decent price

I've got a few parking dents in both doors... could your mate give me a quote on doing them?

KingStromba
09-06-2005, 11:24
On these cars im a firm beleiver in getting the bodywork OK (decentish, all rust removed) and spending 90% of the cash on the engine and mechanical side.

Youll never get these cars mint, well for the simple fact that as a reno, they have never been mint. 0002 and 0001 have the same shit trim work as all the others.

FATBOY
09-06-2005, 21:49
better! since having her shes had! full service of course! change of zorst, brand new fogs,brand new front repeaters,new(not standard) smoked side repeaters, new discs and pads all round,full wheel refurb.

Daz
09-06-2005, 22:02
Mechanically, totally mint.

Bodywork, well.. it's gotten worse. Original paint, no rust to start with.. the winter attacked it and now it's starting. :roll: :x

KingStromba
09-06-2005, 22:11
Daz! Man, after all that looking. All that time wasted. :wink:

Daz
09-06-2005, 22:29
Daz! Man, after all that looking. All that time wasted. :wink:

Nah, cus' it's only the rear arches on the lips.. gunna stop it getting any worse hopefully.
All the underside is mint still.. tailgate, sills, etc.. and at least when/if I get the arches done, I can make sure it ain't clagged up and made shitty.

A lot of the ones which we saw were rusty in other areas..

It ain't bad.. if you looked at it, you can't see it.. it's just I know it's going a bit on the lips.

KingStromba
09-06-2005, 22:32
It spreads Daz :shock:

Today the arches, tomorrow the sills. One day youll go outside and the car will be a pile of iron oxide :shock:

2 live
10-06-2005, 09:27
lol^^^^^^^^^^^

still no rea concerns of rust on mine yet...the odd bit on the tailgate

northy
10-06-2005, 09:33
mine is getting better every month.

Been tackling the area behind the front bumper....but ive found a great area for rust to start.

The section on the subframe where the radiator sits....wow how rust is that on my car. Its not holed but jesus it was getting bad. Spent all last weekend scraping the flakes of it and treating it to a coat of satin black.

Eventually i will do the entire subframe - but i need to sort the area where the bumper is first....then i can get the car driven....sick of having no bumper on it now.

KingStromba
10-06-2005, 11:36
Northy, if there are any areas you can see rust but cant get to easily with sand paper, try Krust.

It converts the rust back to iron by reacting wirth the oxide. You can then paint over the top of it. It is an excellent product, and doesn exactly what it states.

10/10

MatBrown
10-06-2005, 14:25
Northy, if there are any areas you can see rust but cant get to easily with sand paper, try Krust.

It converts the rust back to iron by reacting wirth the oxide. You can then paint over the top of it. It is an excellent product, and doesn exactly what it states.

10/10

You sure it's not Kurust?

Mat.

Daz
10-06-2005, 14:26
lol^^^^^^^^^^^

still no rea concerns of rust on mine yet...the odd bit on the tailgate

yea, yours is amazing. Original paint, no rust.

*Proper* mint :lol:

KingStromba
10-06-2005, 14:32

10/10

You sure it's not Kurust?

Mat.

No the original is Kurust, mine is Krust, official Krusty the clown product.