PDA

View Full Version : Brake Fluid Change

Swervin_Mervin
08-06-2005, 11:38
Going to try this at the w/e, so I can get an idea of what I'm doing when I try it on the g/f's Ibiza. 9Not paying £250 to the stealership for a fecking service when I can do it myself)

So anyone got any tips for the valver? I was just going to get one of those pressure kits, open all the valves, blow all the old shit out. Then close all but one of the valves and fill up in the order that Haynes lists.

Will this be ok?

Swervin_Mervin
08-06-2005, 14:12
No one?

BTW this link is quite informative on DOT fluid.
http://www.shotimes.com/SHO3brakefluid.html

northy
08-06-2005, 14:23
never done it on a williams mate....but from what i have read....you bleed in this order = start at the passenger right, drivers left, passenger front & drivers right.

Swervin_Mervin
08-06-2005, 14:26
Aye. That's with no abs. Haynes lists it as different for ABS models. hope the g/f's doesn't have ABS or I'll be guessing as there's no Haynes for hers. :?

Rich
08-06-2005, 18:17
basically you can bleed the old stuff out in any order but the new stuff has to be bled through starting with the furthes brake from the master cylinder and working forward so if its on fron passengers do back drivers, back passengers, front drivers front passengers :wink:

Mark_Ritchspeed
08-06-2005, 19:16
Yep, same way we do it. Start with furthest nipple from master cylinder and do one at a time is easiest.

Swervin_Mervin
09-06-2005, 10:30
basically you can bleed the old stuff out in any order but the new stuff has to be bled through starting with the furthes brake from the master cylinder and working forward so if its on fron passengers do back drivers, back passengers, front drivers front passengers :wink:

Ta. How come it's different for ABS according to Haynes on the clios? They say do each side basically (so rear n/s, front n/s, rearo/s, front o/s)

Purple
09-06-2005, 10:58
Not paying £250 to the stealership for a fecking service when I can do it myself)

Is that really the price the dealers are asking?. It's most a 1 hour job.
Absolutely ridiculous.