PDA

View Full Version : a little whinge

willy3
27-12-2007, 20:22
a little bit of history, i own a clio williams 3 which isn't tucked up in a garage but is used as an everyday car by my other half, have owned the car or the past 2 years and a bit and can't fault it, been reliable and is still really pulling strong despite 123000 miles (touch wood.... :D ) never misses a service though....

anyway on with the story,

gf was away for a weekend so decided to do the clutch which had been playing up but always sorted itself, so a new renault clutch at £60 +vat and cable which was cheaper than local motor factors.....

turned out to be a bad job done it a different way from how i usually do it, subframe drop and moved to the side, so anyway after broken bolts and 12 hours later car was built up, started it up and the water pump leaked..........

so again stripped that side down only to find 2 bolts for the water pump are hidden by the bracket that holds alternator/power steering pump, why do renault design these cars so poorly from a maintenance point,

anyway moan over and car is back into use as daily driver and i love it again.......

:D

drsmith1979
27-12-2007, 20:28
designed by the french... says it all really

willy3
27-12-2007, 20:32
very true.... :D just surprised it was diferent from the early 16v one i had done, alot more strengthing brackets on the williams as well.........can't really grumble as it has been a good car and that must be 2 of the worst jobs that you have to do to a williams........

Lunner
27-12-2007, 20:36
Bet you wish you'd known about the water pump before hand, could have whipped the engine out and done them both in about 30 mins lol

willy3
27-12-2007, 20:43
if i had knew then thats exactly what would of happened.......... :D water pump only leaked because of the new anti freeze being added..........on the plus side it saved her getting chucked out of the house for seizing the engine when it cooked itself........ :D

1995clio16v
27-12-2007, 22:15
on the plus side it saved her getting chucked out of the house for seizing the engine when it cooked itself........ :D

LMFAO!!

:shock: