PDA

View Full Version : Radiator change on williams

Adi82
27-12-2007, 14:53
Typical time for the radiator to go when im spending christmas with the parents.

How easy is it to change the radiator on the williams? I can get a rad tomorrow through halfords on trade, not sure what type it is mind. Any ones better than others?

Also i dont have any tools with me or haynes manual. Would be appreciative if someone can give me a summary on the procedure and any tools i might need.

Lunner
27-12-2007, 17:19
Easy enough

Remove bonnet and front cross member

Remove rad hoses and unplug sensor on o/s of rad and unplug fan.

Wraggle it around and pull out.

Swap any bits like sensors and fan over.

Replace, and connect up hoses and wires

Fill with coolant, bleed by opening belled valve in top n/s of rad untill you get a steady stream of coolant coming out, top up as necessary

Lunner
27-12-2007, 17:21
Probabily need

13mm spanner,

screwdriver to remove jubilee clips

Little spanner for the rad, can't remember what size they are, but prolly rusted to **** so a temp measure you could cable tie it through the holes or replace with some M6 nuts and bolts

Big adjustable for the fan switch on o/s

Adi82
28-12-2007, 14:14
Thanks Lunner will give it a go as soon as i have a new rad!!

titcharoony
28-12-2007, 14:19
its an easy job, but a bit frustrating. getting the bottom hose off is a bitch, and you may to do this before you attempt to pull the rad out as there might not be enough slack. be careful on pulling it out aswell not to damage the fins. and when you put new ones in make sure its sitting correctly in the lil slot with the rubber grommet thingys. other wise its not at corretly n wont be as stable. but as the fellas say on here. not a difficult job, but scraped knuckles and a bit of fiddling mabe required. good luck! if and when u get a rad, unless its new, might be worth flushing it through with petrol to completely clean it, then hot water to remove the petrol, nice and clean then innit. good luck son! start early on in the day, jobs always take longer than u think haha esp on renaults.