PDA

View Full Version : holding on too mark 1's-ville

freebone16v
20-12-2007, 18:20
i knew 2 of my tyres were getting low, it wasen't until sunday i deiscovered how low and decided i needed some new ones. i have 2 very good goodyears on the rear that didn't really need changing so was going to look for just 2 new tyres, but then remembered seeing these. so i bought them and just wacked them straight on, 4 recently refurbed in anthracite r19 16v wheels with very good goodyear f1's on

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/freebone/20-totallysortedcar.jpg

looks ok, would look even better if the car was on the floor, need someone to sell me some coilovers i think

got a good deal i think and its easier than f&nny assing around with tyre fitters etc + i have 2 spare goodyears now and a chance to refurb the oz's

****the 2 tyres i did have on the front were pirelli p6000, please knowbody buy these, they are crap and stupidly dangerous****

MAXIBOY
20-12-2007, 18:23
looks lush mate .....needs coilovers... 8)

Coops
20-12-2007, 20:16
looks good, but needs well a new shell in mark 1 clio flavour :wink: :wink:

1995clio16v
20-12-2007, 23:12
looks good, but needs well a new shell in mark 1 clio flavour :wink: :wink:

I really am liking these mk1 172's

They look really discreet

Ive got those wheels mate, they actually look real good on the 172.

Personally though i think theyd be better matt-ish (they look gloss), maybe a fine rub over with fine emery cloth. You may like them in gloss though.

Mine also has a polished lip which makes them look real good.

Ive also touched in the 'speedline' logo on the outer of each rim in silver, which makes them look a treat!!

:lol:

1995clio16v
20-12-2007, 23:17
****the 2 tyres i did have on the front were pirelli p6000, please knowbody buy these, they are crap and stupidly dangerous****

Those tyres look shit too mate (no offence) they stand out like a sore dick.

They have a real bulgy over hang/rim protection.

Good tyres definately make wheels look 'better'

My mate recently bought some pirelli 6000's for his saab p reg 900 turbo (goes like **** btw in a straight line, BUT IS THE WORSE CAR IVE EVER SEEN GO ROUND CORNERS, **** ME!!). He got charged something like £75 per tyre and I tried telling him that he'd had his pants pulled down big time and they were a budget tyre, but he wouldnt have any of it (even though i used t o work in the tyre game)!!!

:o

Bailey_1260
21-12-2007, 19:30

Those tyres look s**t too mate (no offence) they stand out like a sore dick.

My mate recently bought some pirelli 6000's for his saab p reg 900 turbo (goes like f**k btw in a straight line, BUT IS THE WORSE CAR IVE EVER SEEN GO ROUND CORNERS, f**k ME!!). He got charged something like £75 per tyre and I tried telling him that he'd had his pants pulled down big time and they were a budget tyre, but he wouldnt have any of it (even though i used t o work in the tyre game)!!!

Are they **** a budget tyre! they arent the best branded tyre but are good for pootling around and will last almost as long as a michelin (although they are quite noisy) certainly wouldnt put them on a performance car but when you see some of the crappy far eastern budgets that are flooding the maket you would commend anyone for putting P6000's on if they can afford them.

1995clio16v
22-12-2007, 14:30

My mate recently bought some pirelli 6000's for his saab p reg 900 turbo (goes like f**k btw in a straight line, BUT IS THE WORSE CAR IVE EVER SEEN GO ROUND CORNERS, f**k ME!!). He got charged something like £75 per tyre and I tried telling him that he'd had his pants pulled down big time and they were a budget tyre, but he wouldnt have any of it (even though i used t o work in the tyre game)!!!

Are they f**k a budget tyre!

Well what are they then...!??

A toyo, eagle f1 etc are classed as performance tyres....

Im not saying reliability and for tootling they're shit, never mentioned that

Bailey_1260
22-12-2007, 14:37
r888's, Ao46's etc - road legal track tyres

Proxie T1R's, F1 GSD3's - Performance road tyres.

Any recognised brands (pirelli, conti, goodyear, mich etc) - Premium branded road tyres

Firestone, Uniroyal etc - Mid-range Branded tyre

Trayal, Federal, semprit, Linglong (pretty much anything you dont recognise or has a stupid "chinky" name) - Budget tyre

1995clio16v
22-12-2007, 14:58
Pirelli 6000's

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/northern_imports/carcrash.jpg

Matty86
22-12-2007, 15:15
freebone, come back to the darkside.... :D

get a mk1 shell and put an F4R in ;)

DaveH
22-12-2007, 21:38
I have pirelli 6000's on the front of my car- i agree with the above they are ok in dry (only ok) and just dangerous in the wet but im not one for replacing tyres before it needs it :wink:

However, no matter how they perform no pirelli is a budget tyre, they cost more pretty much anywhere than the toyo proxes i will be buying next which i find hard to comprehend

Oh and :lol: :lol: at the pic above- nasty but true!

Bailey_1260
22-12-2007, 22:02
I have pirelli 6000's on the front of my car- i agree with the above they are ok in dry (only ok) and just dangerous in the wet but im not one for replacing tyres before it needs it :wink:

However, no matter how they perform no pirelli is a budget tyre, they cost more pretty much anywhere than the toyo proxes i will be buying next which i find hard to comprehend

Pirelli are not a budget tyre, I sell them all day long. Toyo are cheaper because they are made for something different and will last no where near as long.

Laine_16v
22-12-2007, 23:12
I have P6000's on my hybrid, i dont think they are bad at all tbh!

Coops
22-12-2007, 23:25

thats why its giving up traction :wink: :P

Lunner
22-12-2007, 23:36

They are shocking in the wet, even on a 1100cc punto if you weren't carful you lit the fronts up pulling off sharpish, and you had to be sooo gentle on the brakes or they locked up.....proper SHI T

Bailey_1260
23-12-2007, 10:54

They are shocking in the wet, even on a 1100cc punto if you weren't carful you lit the fronts up pulling off sharpish, and you had to be sooo gentle on the brakes or they locked up.....proper SHI T

Im not saying they arent shit, they just arent a budget tyre, you can do a lot shitter.

Also in the summer they squeel like a pig giving 1.2's that "sporty" sound especially with the bean can exhaust :wink:

freebone16v
23-12-2007, 18:51
lol and this thread now

all i know is when the p6000 were on the rear they had my pants down and in a spin, no warning.

i am not one for getting rid before they are up though so i put them on the frint, easier to control, they were still shocking but more managable

will not detract from eagle f1's now.

Personally though i think theyd be better matt-ish (they look gloss), maybe a fine rub over with fine emery cloth. You may like them in gloss though.

Mine also has a polished lip which makes them look real good.

Ive also touched in the 'speedline' logo on the outer of each rim in silver, which makes them look a treat!!

have only just got the wheels and as said the only reason i did was because of the tyres that were on them, not too worried about pimping them up as it were, although had thought about a silver lip to them.

^^thats just bollocks imo though...lol so i should get rid of the tyres because they have a rim protector, i must forget the fact that infact they stick to the road very very well, are cheap etc etc etc

doug2.0
02-01-2008, 16:39
''However, no matter how they perform no pirelli is a budget tyre, they cost more pretty much anywhere than the toyo proxes i will be buying next which i find hard to comprehend ''

the proxes are the most overrated tyre ever! i used to hear lads with gsi's at work banging on about them so i put a set of 45's on my willy wheels (on my RT) and the grip was shite even for a small powered car (on decent shocks n springs) they were almost as bad as the old part worn A539'S.
eagle f1's FTW!!

seanofnp
02-01-2008, 19:07
I like toyo F1-Rs.

Will prolly try eagles next though.

DaveH
03-01-2008, 15:28

Pirelli are not a budget tyre, I sell them all day long. Toyo are cheaper because they are made for something different and will last no where near as long.

Pirelli are no budget tyre! Thats what i said?

Bailey_1260
03-01-2008, 20:53

Pirelli are no budget tyre! Thats what i said?

Sorry, misread :oops: