PDA

View Full Version : Toolkit for the boot?

white16valver
20-12-2007, 12:07
Prompted by other threads, and also the fact that I'd rather not put a £150 halfords full toolbox in the boot all the time, what should a tool kit for the car contain?

I'm thinking of the stuff you'd need were one of the usual things break on you when you're away from home :roll: lol :lol:

Obviously you'd need a collection of sockets and a suitable wrench thing, but Clio's only have so many bolts on which will only be certain sizes, so you wouldn't need a whole set, but which sizes would you need?

Monkey wrench thing could also be handy?

Screwdrivers and Torx bits.

Anything else??

drsmith1979
20-12-2007, 12:30
i have a multi bit screwdriver set from a local esso for £4! has all the bits, torx, allen key etc...

then get a cheapo socket set for a £5... err from a garage special too haha.. its always a winner. Oh also got some tyre weld and some blankets just incase you break down over winter...

Tommo
20-12-2007, 14:15
I got a starter tool kit from B&Q for about £20, it's got most things you need if you break down away from home. Also got a Clarke aluminium racing jack in there as mine didn't come with the standard jack!

Daz.
20-12-2007, 15:45
Think of the weight! :lol:

I just usually carry Mr. Plastic Fantastic with me although I have noticed I was lugging around a fork in the glove box - Obviously thats for roadside clutch cable changes :wink:

MAXIBOY
20-12-2007, 15:52
Rac card blanket and a gameboy.. 8)