PDA

View Full Version : FAO:Cliorod

simonr85
18-12-2007, 15:03
Hi mate i noticed you have morrettes on 1 of your rally clios and wondered what difference do they make over OE lights ie. are they brighter? as i find the standard lights shite on back roads

Ive got some morrettes all sprayed up ready to go on, just waiting for some indicators! :lol:

cliorod
18-12-2007, 19:52
Hi Simon,
Thanks for telling what they are :oops: :oops: ,They came with the "bodykit".I did notice,that they are "CIBIE" headlight units and as such,can run high wattage H4 bulbs :wink: :lol: :wink: .As I need as much light as possible,they worked a treat ~~ well not really 'cos we went off :oops: :oops: !!! ~~ seriously I found them very bright.
The original "bodykit" bumper had provision for the indicators,but as can be seen in the pics,folowing the "off" on ~MULL,I replaced the damaged bunper with the one that it is on now,I mounted these indicators (R19 ~~I think) on carbon fibre backplates and put them were the standard spot/foglights go.
Hope this helps.
Rod.

MAXIBOY
18-12-2007, 19:54
also you can fit indicator bulbs in the headlight as i have seen this done before

cliorod
19-12-2007, 07:26
Ta for that MAXI :lol: ,I was wondering where the indicators would go,if these headlamps were fitted to a standard car. :wink:

2 live
19-12-2007, 10:44
aye nick read did that to his years ago. just need to be handy (and careful) with a drill and orange indicator bulbs

MAXIBOY
19-12-2007, 11:19
aye nick read did that to his years ago. just need to be handy (and careful) with a drill and orange indicator bulbs

knew that i had seen it done couldn,t remember where... :?

simonr85
19-12-2007, 14:07

will they pass the MOT being in there? and which lens did he put the indicator in? the inner or outer 1?

AndyFielder
19-12-2007, 14:22
inner i think.

You only need to see them when the headlights are off.

so you can use the inner of the lights as indicators and full beam and the outer as sidelights, dip and full when you want it.

I used to have quads on mine.

simonr85
19-12-2007, 15:04
inner i think.

You only need to see them when the headlights are off.

so you can use the inner of the lights as indicators and full beam and the outer as sidelights, dip and full when you want it.

I used to have quads on mine.

cheers mate, any pics?

AndyFielder
19-12-2007, 15:55
not any that would help you.
look in my garage there mite be one.