PDA

View Full Version : What a difference!

simonr85
18-12-2007, 14:35
After buying my first williams in march, there was a few bits & bobs wrong with it, such as cooling system, a few dials not working, indicator stalk broke, windscreen cracked, 80k miles and due a cambelt, so i started buying bits immediately and fixing the easy bits such as windscreen and indicators.

Now for the past month my car has been off the road while the engine was hoisted out and the work began, i changed the following bits:

Spark plugs
8mm blue leads (group buy)
low temp thermostat
low temp fan switch
oil filter
cambelt
aux belt
waterpump
an injector (as snapped 1 taking fuel rail off)
willy manifold had welds ground off that was restricting flow where the 4 pipes meet into 1 and polished smooth
cleaned my K&N

now i got my car back at the weekend and WOW it feels so much faster, im not sure why? as the things ive done shouldnt make any difference at all, could it be due to the temperature drop recently? or could it be that my car just needed a good service to get some lost power back?

all my mates have said its pulling like a train top end now and is a v noticable difference

oh and as if by magic all my dials are now working!!!(my oil pressure 1 was playing up bouncing all over the place but i think that was due to the oil filter not even being on very tight, it had nearly fallen off and oil was pissing out slowly)

seanofnp
18-12-2007, 14:53
They say a good service can return many ponies.

Good to hear its running sweet mate! Dont question it, enjoy it lol!

simonr85
18-12-2007, 15:06
Good to hear its running sweet mate!

well almost lol, i forgot to connect the o/s front indicator and its doin my head in when i turn right :lol: