PDA

View Full Version : Car parts fiasco.

Wobba
18-12-2007, 13:52
Bit of a rant here, sorry.

Three weeks ago I used ebay to get some new front indicator lenses:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150187683195&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

After being told three times they had been sent over three weeks I finally received the items, after they realised they hadn't sent them due to being out of stock.

I think three weeks on a buy it now option is too long, but oh well, what can you do? So, opened them up to find the lenses were mismatched. One of them was damaged with a small crack in, and was also missing the wiring plug and little caps for the breather holes. The left hand one was fine, just a different lense.

So, I again write to the suppliers and show them pics. They seem okay and offer to replace them if I send these ones back.

Now, I've waited three weeks, I want to get the bloody things sorted out as my ones on the car are fuc*ed, I simply don't have time to take time off and go to the post office and spend more money sending them back.

I asked them to send me some more and if they get them to me by Friday I can send theirs back on Saturday. They said no.

ARGH!!!!! :rant:

seanofnp
18-12-2007, 13:58
threaten with trading standards, normally shit a brick people like that dont they?

Wobba
18-12-2007, 14:06
They said they wont send me any replacements till I resend these ones back.

Normally that would be ok, but frankly I think they have shown me they are not capable of getting things right in the first place, so I just have no faith they will get me the right ones at all.

This sort of thing pissies me right off.

simonr85
18-12-2007, 14:08
tell them you have sent them back then :lol:

Wobba
18-12-2007, 14:20
They won't send me the replacements till they receive the old ones. I think I can safely assume they wont send them ver Xmas period.

seanofnp
18-12-2007, 14:24
not much you can do really then mate? Youll have to send them back when you get chance! :(

Robb
18-12-2007, 14:25
Send them off, wrap them up well and send royal mail recorded to make sure if they say they dont recieve anything you have proof. You can always get your money back by paypal if thats the way you payed.

Most ebayers will do a lot of things just to please the customer as they dont want bad feedback

MatBrown
18-12-2007, 18:51
You would have been better off getting them from your local GSF.

Mat.

Wobba
18-12-2007, 19:11
You would have been better off getting them from your local GSF.

Mat.

Yea I know that now!