PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rail

sheps
13-12-2007, 14:40
When looking at the fuel rail...which pipe is the return to the tank?
The one nearer the end, or the middle?

cliolord
13-12-2007, 18:33
Pipe nearest the timing belt is the feed, middle pipe is return if my memory serves me correctly 8) why whats up dude?

sheps
13-12-2007, 18:59
Did an engine swap and the car won't start, just ruling some things out.
Dis-connected the pipes under the car...and completly forgot which way round they go...so guessed :lol:

cliolord
13-12-2007, 19:22
Right. I had the same problem a long time ago...Did you use the wiring loom that came with the engine?

sheps
13-12-2007, 19:26
Errrm, long story short.....
Bought a willy engine to fit in the valver, removed 16v engine, fitted willy, willy engine was siezed so re-fitted the 16v engine, and now it wont start :lol:

cliolord
13-12-2007, 21:00
Few simple things to check mate, ECU connected, earth's connected, original 16v loom connected? Immobiliser fault? Does the fuel pump prime on ignition and do you have a spark? Is the crank sensor connected?

Mind me asking where you got the engine? Are you sure the williams engine was siezed?

sheps
13-12-2007, 21:06
Pretty sure everythings connected, fuel pump primes, its got spark, the thing turn's but actually catch.
Got the engine from a member and its siezed solid, there is a thread on clio16valver about it.
You can attatch a spanner to the bottom pulley and it wont move at all.

There is a very loud clonking sound...comes completly at random, i think its coming from the starter..may of damaged it trying to turn a siezed engine?