PDA

View Full Version : Rolled my Red clio... :S

number1
10-12-2007, 23:34
but not in a bad way :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/davebell1984/10122007117.jpg

needed to get the rear beam off before i scrapped it so 3 of us rolled it onto its side, lighter than you think!! no interior or engine tho
Will get more pics tommorow

Dave

matts-clio
11-12-2007, 23:21
:shock:

now thats stripped!

how comes your scrapping it dude?

Winston
11-12-2007, 23:24
Took three of you :shock: :lol: :wink:

number1
12-12-2007, 12:05
i say three of us but 2 weaklings and a F**king strong friend with a bad back lol, Gearbox went on it, was my pride and joy at one point, with a stonking 1.8 motor in it, the gearbox was the icing on the cake as i spent all that day trying to sort out the brakes which kept going down to emergency mode,

I'd say i have made more money breaking it than i paid for it!! sold almost everything!! part ex'd the engine for a prima head and £275 which payed for my hybrid conversion almost, Shame tho cos i really miss not having a blue one.... :cry:

Dave

snowman
12-12-2007, 19:31
Id save the rubber covering that goes over the master cylinder as Renault dont make them anymore.I needed one a while back,they are rare now.

number1
12-12-2007, 23:09
You mean the foam surround snowman? i will do!

Was supposed to be taken for scrap today but i was let down.. :(

Dave

matts-clio
12-12-2007, 23:10
its a sign, keep the beast ;)

whats asctually wrong with the shell dude? :?

matts-clio
12-12-2007, 23:12
also if those plastic / metal scraper bits at the bottom of the door windows are in good condition..

sell them to wobba ;)

cliolord
12-12-2007, 23:36
Such a shame :( i am always looking for something like this, gearbox and/or engine shot i'd nab it off ya and put it back on the road :cry:

number1
13-12-2007, 00:08
if anyone wants any bits they best get in the car and get down here asap! lol
There wasnt much wrong with the shell, not a great deal of rust apart from arches were starting to bubble, but unfort the day the brakes and gearbox packed in i got a little bit annoyed.... Dents followed.. :( and after i was annoyed with myself! lol

Cliolord, yeh all the time it's been sat there in my garden i thought about turning it into a track weapon with a killer engine and resurrecting one more, but unfort time has come for it to go, got a new project now in the shape of a mini, thinking about a nice 16v conversion.. picking up the flipfront next week 8)

Wobba
13-12-2007, 00:20
Yea, if the bits of window seal round the driver and passenger window are still intact and not fouled/rusted...can I have them please?

Mine are in need of replacement as they are rusting and bubbling underneath.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/My%2016V/DSC00093.jpg

number1
13-12-2007, 00:26
I think they are ok mate, tell you what ill have a look at them tommorow, and if there mint then you can have them for price of postage??

Dave

Wobba
13-12-2007, 01:42
I think they are ok mate, tell you what ill have a look at them tommorow, and if there mint then you can have them for price of postage??

Dave

Yay!!! If so you will be on my Xmas card list :D

snowman
13-12-2007, 22:15
Yes mate,the foam sound deadener,keep that :wink:

number1
13-12-2007, 22:57
i intended to, but unfort it was ripped anyway... cars in pieces now literally, its amazing what you can do with a 9" grinder, Another one bites the dust, but it has helped many other clio's including mine stay alive for that little bit longer :( I'll get pics up of the aftermath tommorow,

R.I.P. K140CRD

Wobba
14-12-2007, 14:38
i intended to, but unfort it was ripped anyway... cars in pieces now literally, its amazing what you can do with a 9" grinder, Another one bites the dust, but it has helped many other clio's including mine stay alive for that little bit longer :( I'll get pics up of the aftermath tommorow,

R.I.P. K140CRD

K140CRD will always live on as a part of K921 MCR, so not truly dead! :P

number1
14-12-2007, 18:04
It's living on as loads, it went everywhere, engine is in a mates car, ancillarys and other bits on my hybrid, front end and rear brakes, beam for another rt 16v conversion got a few spares left over too

Dave

cliolord
15-12-2007, 20:48
if anyone wants any bits they best get in the car and get down here asap! lol
There wasnt much wrong with the shell, not a great deal of rust apart from arches were starting to bubble, but unfort the day the brakes and gearbox packed in i got a little bit annoyed.... Dents followed.. :( and after i was annoyed with myself! lol

Cliolord, yeh all the time it's been sat there in my garden i thought about turning it into a track weapon with a killer engine and resurrecting one more, but unfort time has come for it to go, got a new project now in the shape of a mini, thinking about a nice 16v conversion.. picking up the flipfront next week 8)

tell me more :lol: i have a few engines in my garage an im serious thinking about fitting one although it is going to be a complete mission and i'm not too sure what im going to do transmission and drive shaft wise if I did and the fuel tank might be a problem too obviously being carb, I would need a different tank i guess as a pump needs to be fitted aswell as a return from the rail etc. Wonder if it will fit :shock:

number1
16-12-2007, 15:49
first off fueling i believe you can use an external fuel pump which sits next to the tank, you can get 2ltr lumps (red top etc) under the standard wings but a lot of people fit clubman front ends, another option is to use a flipfront, in which almost anything fits under, Driveshafts are going to be a mission a reckon, might have to get some cut and fitted to the original mini shafts,

Mates going to sell me a civic vti lump, ecu, loom and gearbox with driveshafts rather cheap.. after he's done his integra lump conversion, but im thinking the diff housing will foul the steering box because the civic motor is the other way around compared to Zetec's, red tops, f7p's etc

Going to have to look into it more, i know its been done, just need to figure out how..

Dave