PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Hatton

holl
09-12-2007, 12:42
I carnt believe that cocky lil shit ko'd him! :(

Lunner
09-12-2007, 13:03
Has the fight made its way onto any torrent sites or you tube etc yet??

Had a look and can't find it

wavy
09-12-2007, 13:11
iv looked on youtube but no joy

sounded like he took a beating :(

holl
09-12-2007, 13:20
He was doin well but the ref kept stoppin it in the 1st few rounds Hatton gave Mayweater a good smack that shocked him aswell, Im not really into boxing but im gutted for him! that mayweather needed puttin in his place!
Holl :)

Coops
09-12-2007, 14:09
friad it was always going to be mayweathers fight, hattons good but just not good enough. still would of loved to of seen the yank on his arse tho :(

on the plus side anyone see khan TKO Euan in 72 seconds :twisted:

Lunner
09-12-2007, 14:10
friad it was always going to be mayweathers fight, hattons good but just not good enough. still would of loved to of seen the yank on his arse tho :(

on the plus side anyone see khan TKO Euan in 72 seconds :twisted:

Yeah saw that, couldn't believe it lol

Lunner
09-12-2007, 15:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKXpOMa1kR8

claire
09-12-2007, 16:11
that ref wasn't helping at all. he was a twat. the english should have won!

Coops
09-12-2007, 16:27
****in punch on that that floored hatton first tho, he just left himself totally open to it, silly mistake :roll:

northy
09-12-2007, 16:47
Good effort Ricky!

Next time lad- next time !!!

J o n
10-12-2007, 14:31
Hatton was VERY poor... no head movement, the jab he'd 'apparently' been practicing was not there and timing disrupts speed... he had no backup plan and was thoroughly beaten by a much much better fighter. I gave him 1 round... even then it was a sympathy round based on workrate as Mayweather still landed the cleaner better punches. I really really wanted Hatton to win however... heart said Hatton, head said Mayweather, £100 bet also said Mayweather. Ricky losing was softened by the fact I made money though, but I feel bad for him, but it was his own fault, he ran out of gas, got pissed off, sloppy and stopped. Other problem was Mayweather was a lot taller and leaning the elbow and forearm into the throat and pushing down is illegal but very affective against Hatton style pressure.

Hatton needs to unify 140 now and just clean up, or retire, as he made £20m the other night which probably lessens the blow. He'll be back though and dominant.

Jamie.
10-12-2007, 23:42
Hasnt been covered but what was nice was the post fight scenes and press conferences.

None of this bull shit lennox used to pull about 'lucky punches' but two blokes who gave appreciation to each other.

Both were modest and talked about how each was a good fighter.

Respect for that imo.

J o n
11-12-2007, 16:43
yeah was a bit of a shock hearing Mayweather giving props to Ricky considering he usually comes out with something along the lines of:
"told y'all that bitch couldn't see me, I'm Floyd Money Mayweather, P4P number one, 5 division champion and all time great..." blah blah blah...

So when one of the press basically asked a question that was more a statement making fun of Hatton's performance is was nice to hear the following:

"Hey! You don't talk about Ricky Hatton like that. He's a champion, he's still a champion and you'll show him some ****ing respect, understand!?"

After that he went up a few notches in my eyes, very out of character. Maybe this time next year a rematch at 140lbs over in the UK would be a nice touch, Hatton would still (imo) lose convincingly, but I doubt he'd get stopped and hopefully he could give a better account of himself and take the fight to FMJ a bit more, as really he didn't land shit in that fight... I knew he'd lose, but not like that... but I made £100, so I cant moan lol