PDA

View Full Version : Dash LED changing....

drsmith1979
08-12-2007, 21:42
Ok my Dash is a little low on light at night as its obvious a couple of LED's are either missing or have 'gone.'

I have checked through gunners guide on here but he has deleted most of the photos so its hard to follow, i was lucky enough to have some pics taken for me by Dan on here who is selling his dials and this is what he sent..

On this following picture i can see that there are 8 small twist type LED's, 6 to the right handside and 2 on the inner left. I am presuming these simply twist out and are interchangable with the packages found on ebay?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/willydials.jpg

This picture shows 6 on the left and 1 on the right hand side, 7 total small twist type LED's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/willydials1.jpg

This shows the whole of the rear of the dials, i am presuming that there are 2 small LED's in the water temp and the petrol gauge in the centre of the dials recessed into a small holes?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/willydials2.jpg

it all seems fairly straight forward, however, what are the large black buttons in pic 1 and 2? these look similar to the LED's but much larger? are they bigger LED's? or just bigger carriers?

Prob going to go with the original colour, although the blue does make the orange look cool and the needles shine different, so it may be blue. Any help would be appreciated

anyone any experience with the ebay stuff? do they come with the twist carrier incase some of mine are missing? or are they simply the LED?

cliopete
08-12-2007, 22:03
The larger ones are for the background illumination, all the smaller ones are warning lights.

Daz.
08-12-2007, 22:29
Don't forget the digital outside temp too!

drsmith1979
08-12-2007, 22:32
ahhh ok so there are only 4 LED's? or are the ones in the recessed holes LED's too?

How many do i need to change all the clocks including oil pressure etc...

wheres the outside temp on the pic? is it easy to do?

1995clio16v
08-12-2007, 22:48
ahhh ok so there are only 4 LED's? or are the ones in the recessed holes LED's too?

How many do i need to change all the clocks including oil pressure etc...

wheres the outside temp on the pic? is it easy to do?

Good do.

Good post. Most mine have gone and Im gonna do this now this has come up cause mine have all gone apart from the speedo! :evil:

Always imagined its a pig to get to them.

What's involved to get to the board you have pictured? Quick run down please.

You not fancy doing that fancy illuminated jobbie? Its in the guide. Looks top dollar when done!!

:o

drsmith1979
08-12-2007, 22:55
haha yeah im gona have a try with blue LED's and see how it looks, getting to the dials seems fairly simple, top dash off etc....

if i do it i will make a guide so we can see it clearly.....

1995clio16v
08-12-2007, 22:57
haha yeah im gona have a try with blue LED's and see how it looks, getting to the dials seems fairly simple, top dash off etc....

if i do it i will make a guide so we can see it clearly.....

so you havent physically taken the dash off yet?

I hope it doesnt involve as much swearing as the clutch pedal replacement...

drsmith1979
08-12-2007, 23:02
no the pics supplied above are from Dan who is selling his in the for sale section. although having fiddled about trying to fix my alarm i took of floads of dash pieces and it seems quite easy... famous last words lol

BristolSam16v
08-12-2007, 23:17
No 'LEDs' there at all, they are all just normal bulbs, not sure if LEDs would work with a straight swap?