PDA

View Full Version : Clutch????

Clio-Girl
05-12-2007, 10:49
Hi i need to get a clutch today in preparation for my new clio which i get next tuesday could any one suggest the best one to get? and where from? the car is between 190 and 200bhp so i need a decent one!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPORTS-PERFORMANCE-CLUTCH-CLIO-1-8-2-0-16V-RSI-WILLIAMS_W0QQitemZ320189631680QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1 0410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-19-1-8-16v-2-0-WILLIAMS-FAST-ROAD-CLUTCH_W0QQitemZ260189292006QQihZ016QQcategoryZ104 10QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

are either of these any good?

thanks guys!!

Clio-Girl
05-12-2007, 12:44
ive been looking back through previous posts and the gsf r5 gtt clutch seems very popular which one is it that everybody uses as there is two on the website???

MAXIBOY
05-12-2007, 13:42
yeah the R5 GTT clutch seams popular and for the money around 60 quid is a bargain.
though a would recommend a new one rather than a reconditioned one if thats the difference.

not sure in the difference but sachs is a great make. but i think it the slightly more expensive one for some reason.

kj16v
05-12-2007, 13:45
TBH I don't know if that particular clutch represents good value or not. If the parts mentioned have indeed been uprated then I would say it's probably worthwhile. Only one way to find out I'm afraid!

I have a Sachs Volvo turbo clutch (can't remember the number - the F3 engined coupe). It only cost £45 from ebay. This, I'm lead to believe, is the clutch that alot of companies, including BBPT sell as an uprated clutch for silly money. I had to faff around to get it to work properly. At the time I had other clutch related problems so I'm not sure which problems caused which. Anyway, mine works very well. Softer pedal than standard, which is good - although it can still slip on particularly 'spirited' launches. I'm not fussed, I'd rather that it slips than having the gearbox break.

Clio-Girl
05-12-2007, 14:28
CLUTCH KIT-UPRATED R5 NEW SHAPE TURBO-HEAVY DUTY

CLUTCH KIT-200mm SACHS R5 GT TURBO-UPRATED 85>

These are the two types and i dont know which one i need!

summeh
05-12-2007, 15:36
mine was a valeo heavy duty uprated r5 turbo jobby from the gsf website. To be honest i wouldn't recommend the valeo one again as it's given me a load of problems. (can't select gear easily when engine hot).

Im guessing though the sachs one is different.

summeh
05-12-2007, 15:38
mine is the top one you posted btw, if thats from the gsf website which it looks like it is?

I'd be tempted to try the sachs one and if it doesn't fit just take it back and exchange for the other/get a diff clutch, gsf are pretty good about taking things back.

Clio-Girl
05-12-2007, 15:50
mine was a valeo heavy duty uprated r5 turbo jobby from the gsf website. To be honest i wouldn't recommend the valeo one again as it's given me a load of problems. (can't select gear easily when engine hot).

Im guessing though the sachs one is different.
Or do i just go the easier route and just buy an uprated 1.8 16v/ williams one? for example the two in the first post on this thread?

MAXIBOY
05-12-2007, 16:37
depends for an extra 30 quid that top advert looks very good.

sounds a good place with a good reputation..,seem to know there stuff too.

summeh
05-12-2007, 21:15
yeah you could do.

personally i'd stay away from valeo, that includes any uprated valeo jobbies now as well.

Having said that i've had 240ish bhp through my clutch and no probs with it slipping.