PDA

View Full Version : Woman just hit me head on driving the wrong way down a road!

Daz.
03-12-2007, 23:32
FOR ****S SAKE! :cry:

Worse thing is I can't see what she's done to it properly till the morning - just uploading pictures now.

Worried what the Insurance company is gonna say about it :?

Winston
03-12-2007, 23:39
AWWWWWWW SHIT!!!!!

Gutted for you man :(

You all ok tho?

donsrno1
03-12-2007, 23:41
Really gutted for you mate, I know how much you love that car just from your posts on here.

Any idea how bad the damage is? Did she accept responsibility for it?

Zollo
03-12-2007, 23:44
:shock:

One abused paint job.
One mullered van.
And now a head-butted Clio.

:!:

Daz.
03-12-2007, 23:47
Photo's are nearly finished

Glad she never touched the arches :lol: thats the only thing thats funny.

First being made redundant now this, this years been ****ing horrible

ae
03-12-2007, 23:47
WOMAN...........................

Andrew

Daz.
03-12-2007, 23:50
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/Daz366.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/Daz367.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/Daz368.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10725.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10726.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10732.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10728.jpg

She accepts totally - there are roadworks as you can see in the back and she just opted for the one with the no entry sign :roll:

I'm going back for photos tomorrow

What do you think? couple of broken fins in the (new :roll: ) rad but I can't see anything pushed back or out of place until I see it in the morning

Rich
03-12-2007, 23:55
looks like its bent the front cross member unfortunately :cry: look where the towing eye is ang go across right. looks like behind the broken bumper its broken some metal too. might be ok though. might have only broken a little bit and weld back up

Daz.
03-12-2007, 23:56
Wooooo the headlight protectors survived!!!

:colours:

All I need now is a front end to put it on

MatBrown
04-12-2007, 00:06
looks like its bent the front cross member unfortunately :cry: look where the towing eye is ang go across right. looks like behind the broken bumper its broken some metal too. might be ok though. might have only broken a little bit and weld back up

Looking at how rusty that bent bit is i would say that was already there?

Gutted for you though fella.

Mat.

Daz.
04-12-2007, 00:21
^^^ no it was perfect - that was a summer project actually :cry:

I was gonna take the front bumper off and treat and paint all that - the engine bay was my next challenge :roll:

Daz.
04-12-2007, 00:22
Do I get a say in where it gets rectified?

drsmith1979
04-12-2007, 00:24
yes, they will probably instruct you to take it to one of 'their' insurance approved garages or they will send an inspector round. You are legally entitled to have a say where the work gets done within reason obviously.

Daz.
04-12-2007, 00:30
Well I'm assuming if I'm not happy with the repair I can say so!

Daz.
04-12-2007, 00:34
Sorry for all the questions but I've never had this happen - am I allowed to poke around and see whats what or should I just leave it?

MatBrown
04-12-2007, 00:37
yes, they will probably instruct you to take it to one of 'their' insurance approved garages or they will send an inspector round. You are legally entitled to have a say where the work gets done within reason obviously.

Indeed, it is up to you where you take it.

Mat.

MatBrown
04-12-2007, 00:38
Well I'm assuming if I'm not happy with the repair I can say so!

Of course! Took them about 4 trys to get my 1*2 right!

Mat.

drsmith1979
04-12-2007, 00:41
remember, you are 'Oprah's' favourite word!...

.. You're a VICTIM! haha

ask for a courtesy car too for work, get more than one assessment and quote done as some will say some parts are 'wear and tear' and they will try and get out of it etc.... do some research now as to good places and then have some rough idea as to what they charge labour wise etc...

Daz.
04-12-2007, 00:43
I know now where I'd like to have it done...

Might give them a ring tomorrow

Do I need to ring my insurance company? or will hers do it? who gives me a courtesy car her insurance?

MAXIBOY
04-12-2007, 00:45
yes ring your company. did you call the police..

drsmith1979
04-12-2007, 00:46
does she have your insurance details? personally i would ring your company and explain the situation, give them all the details and say she admitted liability at the scene for her actions. Tell them you need a car for work and see what happens, they will liase with your insurance company and sort it if you have legal cover (standard on most policies) even though technically they arent involved.

The car hire will be claimed back from her insurance at no cost to you, and wont affect your no claims. your claims centre will explain it all, they love it when its not their fault! lol

Daz.
04-12-2007, 01:08
She's ringing me in the morning - she was a bit shaken and I'm not a monster - no insurance has been swapped thought we could do that tomorrow when we're both a little more used to it!

Police were not contacted, to be honest that never entered my head - might have done if she hadn't accepted liability..

She only lives round the corner and knows my boss' sister - its her best friend - it was a bit wierd to be honest!

I don't know I'm upset angry and worried about the entire ordeal - just want it to be daylight so I know whats happened to the car

drsmith1979
04-12-2007, 01:14
ok first rule of any crash or dispute, take pics of both cars, signs, area around, lighting conditions, weather... AND get the full insurance details, her full name, insurance company, registration number, contact number etc...

it may sound a little OTT but there is a small chance that she could be pursuaded to dispute the charges as there is no evidence, and you didnt ring the police etc... small chance i agree, but if you do the above it stops you getting shafted. you are a number and a statistic to her insurance company, they dont give a fook about your relationship

Daz.
04-12-2007, 01:24
Your right and I agree entirely and if it was the other way round I would be saying that to you now but to be quite honest I hardly thought of any of them when it happened..

I did get quite a few pictures that much I remembered to do and I don't know maybe I felt sorry for her as she was clearly upset it had happened - she seemed more than genuine so I doubt it would turn nasty.

What do they say hindsight is a wonderful thing?

kenny
04-12-2007, 02:26
Daz, unless you want to risk paying up yourself, get hard headed. Have you got any pics of the actual event, or witness of any kind? Make sure ins co is informed asap, One of the dangers is that if she was driving a vehicle not registered to her, she could walk away and deny ever being there. You need to pay her a visit sooner rather than later, if at all possible try not to be alone. Don't want to sound alarmist, and I really hope what I say is rubbish but experience has turned me into a bitter old bastard over the years.

wavy
04-12-2007, 04:11
:shock: gutted for you fella
dosnt look too bad tho
they will sort it out no problem :)

northy
04-12-2007, 08:37
Bloody hell daz. Gutted

Hey atleast u can get brand new panels from renault and have a minty mint front end.

Lucky the headlight protectors have survived!

Daz.
04-12-2007, 09:46
:shock: gutted for you fella
dosnt look too bad tho
they will sort it out no problem :)

I was looking at your old posts and yours looked worse than mine - although I'm just worried about where the rads sitting at the moment :?

2 live
04-12-2007, 10:33
gutted for ya mate. mind. couldve been worse.....cudda been a willy 1 that got bumped ;)

Daz.
04-12-2007, 10:40
All too true!

Why do insurance companies annoy you like that - all I did was ring mine to explain what was happening not to report a claim or anything and all they said was oh well it'll be written off...

HOW? how do they know that? how can they tell from me saying I've had a bump over the phone if its upside down in a ditch or my numberplates fallen off.

Wankers

donsrno1
04-12-2007, 11:16
All too true!

Why do insurance companies annoy you like that - all I did was ring mine to explain what was happening not to report a claim or anything and all they said was oh well it'll be written off...

HOW? how do they know that? how can they tell from me saying I've had a bump over the phone if its upside down in a ditch or my numberplates fallen off.

Wankers

I don't know if its the case but surely you can claim you want the car repaired if its the other person at fault because regardless of cost they have a duty to restore your property to the way it was? I don't know if that is the case or not but its certainly what I would be claiming.

2 live
04-12-2007, 12:09
i think 75% of the cars saleable value is about the limit any insurance company will go up to to repair a car tbh mate, after that its deemed uneconomical to repair, so is then written off.

e.g, a 3 grand car with 1500 of damage should be repaired no problems, same car with 2000 repair bill will probably be written off unless u fight like mad, or buy it back n do it yerself.

looking at the damage, bumper, x member, bonnet, grill, rad, poss slam panel, and painting, it could be a close run thing mate. not what u want to hear i know.....but its a possibility you should be taking into account.

white16valver
04-12-2007, 12:21
As above, get hardheaded and get evidence etc.

Too often people say one thing at the time then get persuaded by their other half/family/whatever to deny all responsibility, turning an easy claim into an utter nightmare.

Get her insurance details, inform yours that you are claiming off someone else (they'll then be shitty and probably lodge a claim on your record until it's resolved :roll: ) and might be worth a call to the old bill to make it 'official'. (I've not had them involved before but I imagine they'll either not care or be a pain in the arse and look for some way to charge someone... :? lol)

drsmith1979
04-12-2007, 12:55
Anyway, enough schooling and tutting at you Daz lol 8)

Things to do, as you have played the caring approach and given her time to get herself together and sort it out in the cold light of day i would continute along that route. If you know her relatives, bosses etc.. i would keep their numbers handy as you can use that as leverage and play the victim and nice guy.

Ring her today and speak to her, her husband, mum, dad etc... and explain the situation, simply state things theres no need to get anyone else involved other than the insurance companies etc... as it was a harmless mistake, her parents, other half will appreciate that. Get your car looked over by a guy who knows and have a rough estimate of the work. i'd say at least £4-500 in parts + labour and paint. so maybe close to £1000? they wont write that off unless the assessor is trying to get an old car off the road.

Heres what to do today:

- ring them and speak with them
- ring your doctor and book an appointment, whiplash is usually hidden until 1-2 days after the accident due to its physiological nature. It creates a paper trail which is checkable and shows 'due dilligence' should it come to the worst
- get some rough estimates of work done, they may choose to pay out of their own pocket depending on cost
- go back to where it happened and take pictures of signs, roadworks, etc.. do it in th eday and at night to show how clear the signs and directions are.
- keep this one in your back pocket - she could be charged with driving with undue care and attention, although you didnt report the accident which the police may look unfavourably on, but it wont change the facts of the case, you can simply plead 'shock' and 'confusion' and due to the location you didnt want to cause an obstruction so dealt with it there and then and were going to notify the police the following day.

From someone who knows, get your shit in order and things will go smoothly. If insurance companies can get out of paying something they will, regardless of who it upsets, throws by the way side etc...

Get it done ASAP....... odds are they wont write it off but if they do, buy it back! 8)

Daz.
04-12-2007, 13:20
Cheers for the advice chaps..

I refuse to give this car up I've thought about it all the day and the time, effort and little details that make this MY car can never be replaced as far as I'm concerned - I know its got a few wounds I doubt I could replace this car for one I'd be happy with for anything other than willy top dollar.

The one thing that worries me more than anything is 'giving' it to someone to get looked at then never seeing it again especially if they do want to write it off and play silly buggers with me - theres so many bits I want back off it if they refused to repair it.

Another thing they don't have to let me buy it back do they? I want it fixed its as simple as that if they don't and refuse to let me have it back this could be the end of Williams ownership for me I don't think I have it in me to do it all over again at the moment.

My life is in tatters at the moment and this is just the icing on the cake :roll:

drsmith1979
04-12-2007, 13:35
ok well just to make you feel better, this is what normally happens. When the car is at your house, they send around an inspector, he has a little hand held device and uses it to calculate the repair costs and whats needed. he doesnt take the care anywhere its done in situ and he will give you an indication as to whats going to happen. They dont have to offer you the car back no, but you can speak to them and say it has sentimental value to you and you want to buy it back, so can you come up with a deal, most will be willing to play..

life can be tough, but chin up lad, theres always people more worse off than yourself 8)

Daz.
04-12-2007, 13:44
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10747.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10748.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10738.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10751.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/Damage/SSL10746.jpg

wavy
04-12-2007, 13:59
there is no chance of your car going and not returning
they will explain better than me but they cant do a thing to it without your say so
until you have money in your hand you own the car so it means they cant scrap it
i was filled with the same thoughts till they told me that

MatrixGuy
04-12-2007, 14:12
Shvt!! Sorry to hear bud. :(

I hope u get everything sorted out soon.

seanofnp
04-12-2007, 14:20
Unlucky mate! Hope they sort it ASAP!

Bayliss
04-12-2007, 14:57
can i buy your wheels??

only joking, hope you get it sorted! :)

bill.
04-12-2007, 16:01
unlucky mate, not suprised your gutted pal, not sure if this has been mentioned but............................................... ..............................

WHIPLASH=THROTTLE BODDIES :twisted:

Lunner
04-12-2007, 16:21
Am i the only one thats hates this suing every cunt culture we seem to be inheriting from the states, what happened to tough shit and live with it, can understand if you're crippled, but for a bit of discomfort for a few days.....****ing grow up, won't be long before you can't sneeze without being sued

bill.
04-12-2007, 16:55
i wouldn't think twice about doing it! have done and would do again!

Daz.
04-12-2007, 17:13
Its looking more like its getting fixed

http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/thumbs-up.jpg

At MY bodyshop so it'll be a bloody good finish

Fingers crossed anyway should find out tomorrow or Thursday - Courtesy car tomorrow for the length of the claim :D

Oh and it deffo needs a new rad it decided to piss itself all over the floor of the bodyshop :lol:

bill.
04-12-2007, 17:16
Sorted :thumbsup:

bill.
04-12-2007, 17:26
who you using same chap that sorted the arches for you?

drsmith1979
04-12-2007, 17:33
thats good shit shamoooooane 8)

Coops
04-12-2007, 17:36
****in hell mate just read this, hope they get it all patched up and ready for the bay refurb soon!

Daz.
04-12-2007, 17:54
F***IN hell mate just read this, hope they get it all patched up and ready for the bay refurb soon!

New slam panel so I'd be half way there :lol:

Coops
04-12-2007, 17:58
:lol: glad to hear ur in good spirits anyway mate, it'll come good in the end!

ae
04-12-2007, 18:52
WHIPLASH=THROTTLE BODDIES :twisted:

:agree:

Andrew

seanofnp
04-12-2007, 19:44
Nice new fresh sprayed front end to go with the rear eh daz? glad to see its gonna be repaired dude...

rob-legend
04-12-2007, 20:12
yeah matey, just read this now. it's unlucky to see this has happened, proper gash. but it's sound your getting it sorted out, and quite switly too, my mates been waiting a fortnight to sort his claim out that wasn't his fault either. hope it looks better when it's done 8)

doug2.0
06-12-2007, 18:27
i hit a car when he did a u-turn from a parked position on my left, no indicators nothing. he said it was my fault and id tried to overtake him (on a single lane road with bays at the side). there was no damage apart from his door was pushed in a little.

so we swapped details (after me forcing him to admit it was his fault) but i had his checked out at the cop shop and they were false, so rang insurance and told them what had happened and made a statement. They said they wouldn't pay out for him (he never rang up anyway). came for my renewal and it'd gone up 50quid!

when i questioned it they said it was a none fault accident! and its gone on my record.. twats! now every time i ring for a quote they bring it back up!

just shows how far honesty gets you!!! :roll:

Daz.
06-12-2007, 19:33
Cars still on the drive awaiting yay or nay - poor thing :lol:

Got me a 07 fiesta to kill in the meantime :wink:

drsmith1979
06-12-2007, 19:35
Alls well that ends well mucka........ tomorrow is always a brighter day 8)

northy
06-12-2007, 22:40
whats it like now u have got to see in the daylight ???

MAXIBOY
07-12-2007, 04:29
daz mate i hope it can be repaired as yours is the williams we all look up to...

if theres anything i can help with pm me.

hope it gets sorted mate.

this really is a good car 8) i,ll be happy to be a witness if you tell me what to say..

Daz.
07-12-2007, 09:16
whats it like now u have got to see in the daylight ???

I feel like buying a big arse pack of bandages and a blanket :lol:

Daylight pics are at the top of the page 'rop - thats about as light as it gets in Deceember :D

Why am I having sexual thoughts about this fiesta? :lol: Its so slow but I love it!

I'm thinking of cracking out the polish and sticking some decals on the rear arches - theres that many 'ace' replicas out there I thought I might add a Feziams into the mix :wink:

Daz.
07-12-2007, 09:17
daz mate i hope it can be repaired as yours is the williams we all look up to...

Since when? I thought you all took the piss! :lol: :lol:

BRUN
07-12-2007, 09:51
there is no chance of your car going and not returning
they will explain better than me but they cant do a thing to it without your say so
until you have money in your hand you own the car so it means they cant scrap it
i was filled with the same thoughts till they told me that

mine was on ebay being broken for parts, without my knowledge, the claim was still in progress !

think it was northy or 2live that spotted it for me, otherwise id have never known

northy
07-12-2007, 14:33
eye was me brun. i remember ringing u