PDA

View Full Version : Government plan

VIPERONE
06-06-2005, 22:45
what are your view on the GPS monitoring chip the government want to install in to every vehicle, to work out charges for mileage, and time you set off....

naturally... i think , like the ps2.. a chip will comew out to block the charges

BigBoreBri
06-06-2005, 22:46
Naturally... i think... its like living in nazi germany! :roll:

Jamie.
06-06-2005, 22:51
fooooooooooooooook that off. after watching the news today it will work out on average £23 per day for a return trip to work, who can afford that??? it seems such a joke that they want us to use public transport so much that they will use desperate measures to do so, and lets be honest if we did all use public transport then we would all be late for work and buses would become overloaded!
it seems ridiculous, we have road tax and toll roads now! this just isnt on, they need to make a reasonable/decent plan!
ohh and whats more, bet they would make us pay to put these chips in our cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOVERNMENT=THIEVES

richy
06-06-2005, 22:54
sod that shit if they have a gps syetm in ur car then they will be able to moniter speeds to so u will get fined straight away, not that i condone speeding!!

tax charges will be well expensive so fcuk that off, tossers
:x

Winston
06-06-2005, 23:08
naturally... i think , like the ps2.. a chip will comew out to block the charges

Im taking mine to wayne at chip wizards lol

FCUKING JOKE

VIPERONE
06-06-2005, 23:09
I agree///\\\ i'll fit a bloking device

Rich
06-06-2005, 23:20
yeah wont be long before you can fiddle the chips!

edde
06-06-2005, 23:21
The other problem for me is diesel owners won't get it any cheaper so whats the point owning one?

Its not a bad idea in theory but you can see it will be an easy way to removing speed cameras and sticking them in the cars and getting more in revenue.

Also the government wants to make money for me they get about £1.5k in tax form road fund/fuel usin this new method at 10 p miles they'll only get about £1.1k so I cannot see they allowing that.

KingStromba
06-06-2005, 23:27
Any governemtn that introduces that will be voted out at the next election. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

BRUN
06-06-2005, 23:33
well Labour are already on a downward slide with voters, this would sink em for definite, id even vote Tory to avoid this, its rediculous and its goin far too far

Slithers
06-06-2005, 23:33
Any governemtn that introduces that will be voted out at the next election. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Seconded

Slithers
06-06-2005, 23:38
well Labour are already on a downward slide with voters, this would sink em for definite, id even vote Tory to avoid this, its rediculous and its goin far too far

Ditto, id vote tory to stop this sort of shit

Karen
06-06-2005, 23:58
Who voted the ****ers in???

I will never use public transport over a car due to safety - unless I'm commuting into work in London.

KingStromba
07-06-2005, 00:00
I would rather sit at home than use a bus / train / tram. Full of student, whackos, old people, poor people and diseased people.

Railways should be concreted over and turned into motorways.
Buses scrapped

If you cant afford a car. STAY AT HOME.
:D

edde
07-06-2005, 00:01

I will never use public transport over a car due to safety - unless I'm commuting into work in London.
SOme people don't even have a public transport system near them (like me) they can use.

KingStromba
07-06-2005, 00:02
Car share?

Tell that to Martin. :D

Karen
07-06-2005, 00:05

SOme people don't even have a public transport system near them (like me) they can use.

I have very good transport links near me, tube, train, bus etc - but it still takes me an hour to get into work in London (about 8 miles?). ****ing crazy...

Purple
07-06-2005, 00:46
IMO, this will never happen in UK. It will be another poll tax nonsense all over again. But it's fresh news to me, any link on where I can read about this proposed system?

We have been running a fairly comprehensive Electronic Road Pricing gantry system here for past 10 years and, to be honest, the rates are not aggressive enough for it to be really effective. There's still congestion that clogs up the major roads and regular road taxes have not been reduced signficantly. On the other hand, when govt try to raise prices, there would be a public outcry - so prices has remained fairly unchanged. Think the UK system would be headed in this direction too.

2 live
07-06-2005, 09:26
lol.car share........my pass seats usually empty for some reason hehe

reckon theyd be better off gettin rid of the tax disc, cos surely the roads must be repaired after ww2 now, the real reason it was introduced in the 1st place

put extra on fuel, so that an average motorist who does 12k miles a year, pays just an extra £140 on fuel per year...and the rep who does 50k miles a year, whos always on the road, driving like a twat, causing pile ups and generally taking room up when they can do most of their business by phone/email etc

evryone would be happy except the truckers.....but lets face it.they take too much room up anyway, surely deliveries now can be taken by freight and then local delivery vans used to transport from station to shop.....

govt.= fukkin wankas

KingStromba
07-06-2005, 10:15
Strombas plans to reduce conjestion and save the environment.

Give all trucks tax free fuel and no road tax if they travel between 8 at night and 6 in the morning (effectively removed all lorries from the roads)

Schools open at 11 and close at 7. Takes away school runs at rush hour. Also been proved scientifically that schildren are more awake and learn better between those hours.

Make all motorways 4 lanes, and in rush hour all hard shoulders become slip roads to allow junction traffic to more effectively filter onto motorways (been proved in Sweden this is effective at reducing queuing at motorway junctions)

Allowed to turn left at a traffic light cross roads if red, but must give way (In USA you are allowed to go through a red light to turn right at a set of traffic lights if nothing is coming)

Driving test for all over 60. If you fail 3 times your licence is revoked.

3 points and 60 pound fine for all cars failing to return to the left ane after overtaking on a motorway )at police patrols discretion)

Pedestrian lights in towns to be replaced by walkways over the roads

Speedlimit on DC raised to 85. Speed limit on motorway raised to 95. Minimum speed limit in fast lane of motorway in clear traffic is 80 mph.

All cameras to be removed and replaced with more well trained sensible police officers, whos aim is to catch drunk drivers, dangerous drivers, unroadworthy vehicles etc. Not just to catch speeders.

Speed bump removed

All roads resurfaced to Swiss standards. No utility companies allowed to put utility pipes under the roads. Drainage man hole covers at side of roads, not on them.

Buses / routes that consistently carry less than 50% capacity to be scrapped.

All road works to be carried out at night, all roadworks saturated with workers so that job is finished quickly.

2 live
07-06-2005, 10:20
lol....and whod pay for all that??.........the motorists...lol

KingStromba
07-06-2005, 10:28
No, bring the drug production industry under the control of the governemnt. Most of the money spent in the NHS goes to pay drug companies for drugs. They make huge profits. Statins for example cost the NHS £1 per day per person, and there are millions of ppl on them. If the government took control of drug production (cut out the profit taken by the drug company share holders) to reduce NHS costs, the money that goes from other areas (like road tax and fuel tax) to fund the NHS, would be free to be spent on the roads. The roads already generate far in excess of what it costs to keep them in A1 condition, but all the money is diverted to other areas (mainly the NHS).

Most of the drugs produced by the large drug companies are unnecessary Me2 drugs, which means 1 company makes a new drug, then all the other companies copy it (at huge expense), and expense wich is passed on to the customer (the NHS). If the governemnt was in control of production there would be no Me2 drugs and costs would fall and the NHS would be cheaper to run.

Swervin_Mervin
07-06-2005, 10:29
This won't happen, for a very looooonnnnng time. That's all you need to know.

2 live
07-06-2005, 10:35
there is , of course, another drug production industry that could become very lucrative.........hehe

and the 1st party to pledge theyl legalise it will get voted into power....

and it would generate billions for the treasury...even tho there is some goin in there from this trade already........but they wont let u know about that

Andy
07-06-2005, 14:51
the problem is that alot of bell ends will vote for it

seems the case now adays
just waiting for the day when electrick cars come in

1/4 mile 2 days 6 hours 42 mins

Swervin_Mervin
07-06-2005, 14:53
Won't happen.

2 live
08-06-2005, 09:46
it will wen the oil runs out...........

theres already water powered engines/cars that are easy enoughto produce, but the revenue lost in oil sales will be phenominal

likewise with fords ceramic engine..will never break, hundreds of thousands of miles between services..u think that will ever see the showroom??? lol.lost revenue in service items etc will garauntee that it doesnt

skipp123
08-06-2005, 09:47
there also thinking of making under 25s drive with a experianced passanger is this true of a load of bollocks?

KingStromba
08-06-2005, 09:49
Can make fuel out of beets. Its called methanol. Racing fuel. Diesel cars run on vegetable oil (actually better than diesel oil). So internal combustion engines will be around along time after oil runs out.

2 live
08-06-2005, 10:01
yes mate u can....but the emissions levels etc, and most importantly..TAX will never be allowed to be the same as there is on fuel.........like lpg, my mates v8 land rover hasnt seen petrol for over 2 years, runs on pure gas..and believe it or not..it does actually feel quicker than it ever used to on petrol

Smokey McPot
08-06-2005, 13:41
i might just get a bike.