PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch Pedal....

1995clio16v
01-12-2007, 20:44
I know this post is up all the time and people are probably pissed off at keep seeing a new post on bloody clutch cables and pedals especially by me, lol!

Right;

As you know I have been through a few (understatement) clutch cables in my ownership, more so since the new clutch was fitted approx 15 months ago.

How often do people change their clutch pedal?

Upon removal today of the old one i noticed the male to female type connections on the ratchet were pretty worn. Maybe this has been my problem? Also the spring seems a lot free-er now the new pedal is on.

The pedal in generally is smooth all the way through now as before it was quite notchy.

Some of you will probably say that i have answered my own question, as quote above 'since new clutch was fitted' but how could an incorrectly fitted clutch effect cable snappage/performance or could it not??

Cheers
Leigh

Oh and PS, should be getting prices through for carbon parts from China this week so will put in a separate post shortly.

Lunner
02-12-2007, 12:33
The clutch pedal they sell now is a revised version of the orignal, to combat the very same problem you've been having, snapping clutch cables

1995clio16v
02-12-2007, 17:02
The clutch pedal they sell now is a revised version of the orignal, to combat the very same problem you've been having, snapping clutch cables

Oh rite

Doesnt look any different on first sight...

I dont care though as long as it ends the problem.