PDA

View Full Version : Raised Limiter

Daz.
01-12-2007, 17:53
**** standard right off - 7,100 rpm's where its at!

Just been mullering the willy in its raised limiter - the car is now so much easier to keep in the powerband - on my little test router I had to go to 3rd in a few tight corners as the limiter restricted me now I can stay in 2nd and feather :lol:

It just pulls and pulls now top end of 4th is near as make no difference 115-116 now - why did they feel the need to set the limiter at 6,400? Not noticed anything else at all with this chip so far but I'm pleased about that the new limiter is all I was after :twisted:

Daz.
01-12-2007, 17:58
And I've just re-read that and can't make sense of it myself :lol:

Never try to post a topic while Girls Aloud are parading around with not much on :wink:

Andy P
01-12-2007, 18:04
Yeah makes a lot of difference having that extra few hunder RPM.

Even though taking it past 6800 is probably a waste of time.

You got a Gunner chip?

Laine_16v
01-12-2007, 18:30
Yeah what chip?

DaveH
01-12-2007, 18:42
Id be lost without 7k as mines an f7p and it doesnt feel like its going anywhere unless i get it singing up to 7k!

Daz.
01-12-2007, 18:52
Its a gunner I've had in the garage for months

Bought a phase 1 ECU to have it chipped and a nice suprise was it already had the carrier in place so popped it in and went for a play..

I instantly missed the higher limiter going from the 16v to the willy...

Obviously as stated the power drops off way before the new limiter but in many situtations its faster leaving it in gear than changing up - all round I'd say point to point (depending on the road of course) the car is noticably quicker and theres less gear changes needed..

3rd to 4th is the most noticable the raised limiter seems to keep the car in a 'keener' position to continue acceleration - not managed to get into 5th with it yet

Need to book the private test track as it bounced off its old limiter with ease - almost seemed angry at me for running out of revs :D