PDA

View Full Version : Important notice for Warrington Area members....

drsmith1979
30-11-2007, 13:34
The police and the DVLA are conducting emissions tests at bridgefoot roundabout heading towards warrington bank quay train station in 'Mr Smith's' car park, an officer is standing in the road and diverting 'suspect' vehicles into the carpark where her majesty's finest are sat waiting with inspectors and emission equipment, so if anyone is venturing out that way, i would suggest avoiding it unless you are confident it will pass... luckily i was going the other way!

Wobba
30-11-2007, 23:42
Always good to know the police are doing a fine job, donning their white coats & counting carbon molecules, while your house gets burgled.

number1
01-12-2007, 00:12
Nice to hear that they are doing something to bring criminals to justice...

They'll have to catch me before they can do an emissions test on mine... not that i have a decat pipe or anythin...

:wink:

drsmith1979
01-12-2007, 00:17
Well dont be surprised, they have now passed over control of parking and traffic infringements to the local council who have sub contracted it out, it seems the police have made a bad move and have too much time on their hands....

come to think of it, half the met were involved in the raid at Mr McKaye's house lol its all over sky sports......

I wonder if they simply give a warning and 7 days to rectify, or whether they are cooooonts?

1995clio16v
01-12-2007, 18:16
The police and the DVLA are conducting emissions tests at bridgefoot roundabout heading towards warrington bank quay train station in 'Mr Smith's' car park, an officer is standing in the road and diverting 'suspect' vehicles into the carpark where her majesty's finest are sat waiting with inspectors and emission equipment, so if anyone is venturing out that way, i would suggest avoiding it unless you are confident it will pass... luckily i was going the other way!

Seems to me that they just want old cars off the road end of. (Global warming etc) Or maybe something more sinister like meaning you have to go and buy a newer car meaning the goverment get more tax and VAT in its pocket?

This will inevitibly be the way in the future im sure WHICH PISSES ME RIGHT OFF.

I can only imagine emissions will get tougher in coming years thus making it harder for older cars to pass meaning you have to go and buy a 'newer' and more expensive car hence my point above.

I may be way off the mark tho!!

:P

Lunner
01-12-2007, 19:34
All they do is issue an order, you have to go and get it MOT tested within so many days and present MOT cert, minor inconvienence

1995clio16v
01-12-2007, 20:02
All they do is issue an order, you have to go and get it MOT tested within so many days and present MOT cert, minor inconvienence

If thats the case then and your friendly with the MOT man :wink: then i suppose its no issue!

2 live
02-12-2007, 12:54
lol^^^^ my mot man is my best mate...he still fails em for emissions tho.....i have to put me cat on for an mot off him.

which..tbh i prefer...cos then i know hes done it right, none o this dodgy jus leave it over the pit for 45 mins while we hav a chat n he writes the ticket out. i need to know that my cars safe....that i havent missed summat small that could turn into a disaster.

as for emissions test.......lmao.....owt to get a few more pennies in the govt coffers for the xmas do......wankers

Lunner
02-12-2007, 13:13
I like my car to ahve a full mot for the reasons 2 live gave, just skip the emissions bit

2 live
02-12-2007, 13:44
end of the day.its his livelyhood. i wouldnt want him to lose it for the sake of me not wanting to crawl round under the car for 10 mins.

but as above.....the way i drive my cars, i dont want owt major breaking when im on a test run or owt ;)