PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass shell....And Hi All ;)

Flan
28-11-2007, 12:34
Hi all long time no speak... how are we all :lol:

does anyone know where i can source a fiberglass shell from, bit like a remote control car shell but a bit bigger :P

I like the look of the racing meg but that will be £££ its a slim chance i know but worth asking ;)

northy
28-11-2007, 13:14
MAXI BOY has found a company that sells fiberglass panels mate, i bet that with a bit of graft u could have a fun size body!

but - i know mardave do a clio shell in plastic ?

white16valver
28-11-2007, 13:40
that must be a) very light 8) but b) not very strong and c) very expensive! :shock:

stan
28-11-2007, 13:50
Flan,
I have a contact up in Carlisle who makes kit-car shells, body kits...basically anything from GF.

He used to do contract work for Caterham, so he's no half-bit DIY!

Let me know if your intrested and I'll pass his number on.

Craig

northy
28-11-2007, 14:26
that must be a) very light 8) but b) not very strong and c) very expensive! :shock:

no its d mate 1/12 scale heehee

Flan
28-11-2007, 14:31
pmsl Northy u nutter. i could just buy 12 and glue them all together :lol:

tbh its just a bit of fun for FOC and other track days, trying to get a shell to put on a certain "other" project to make it french :lol:

cliorod
28-11-2007, 15:58
Flan
Once of a day.The "HOT~ROD" racers use to use these ~ just a Fi~glass "shell" on a space frame chassis and then powered by a Vauxhall red ~ top engine.
Other than that ~ I have no details :oops: :oops: ,but there must be some ex~cars about ~~ as they use newer model vehicles now.

Flan
28-11-2007, 17:23
Yer i know what you mean, i actually have a Tvr shell just like that but i want something french shaped, just for giggles really so don't wanna spend ££££ maybe i should rob someones clio and cover it in plaster to take a huge mould :lol:

MAXIBOY
28-11-2007, 17:26
hi mate.
buy a maxi kit doors boot bonnet and theres a carbon roof skin available with a mould made and just fit the bits in between.. 8)

2 live
28-11-2007, 20:25
there was a glass shelled hot rod clio for sale a while ago mate. think it was on racecars direct

as rod says,...was a redtopped spaceframe.