PDA

View Full Version : Kit Cars....

MattyH16valver
27-11-2007, 19:43
Has anyone ever looked into building there own kit car....check out this website....they supply everything u need other engine differential, drive shafts, rear brakes, handbrake lever, steering column, front stub axles etc, which they recommend getting from a Ford Sierra at a scrappy. The cheapest kit is £1795 (+VAT) which seems very reasonable. Just think of the power to weight ratio...lol!

Check out the website...
http://www.greatbritishsportscars.com/kitrange.php

MatrixGuy
27-11-2007, 19:48
Cool 8)

If i had the money :)

shrimperwrx
27-11-2007, 19:58
i bought a kit from Robin hood about 18 months ago..its a roling chassis with a 1.6 litre pinto engine......the kit i bought is called the lightweight and is a aluminimum monocoque riveted and bonded together chassis/body.. it has yellow wings 15 " alloys , mounty steering wheel etc..... guess what... its for sale as an unfinished project , my friend who was building it with me has moved ...so i have to get rid........ any offers ????? i can supply comprehensive build photos.....etc...cheers ephraim

Coops
27-11-2007, 20:08
Flan has/is building a nissan turbo powered one aint he, but maybe totally from scratch?

MattyH16valver
27-11-2007, 20:31
Flan has/is building a nissan turbo powered one aint he, but maybe totally from scratch?

Yeah I think he made the chassis too from memory. Just depends on how much room you have I suppose and the enough enthusiam to keep you going through the hard times! :lol:

MattyH16valver
27-11-2007, 20:33
i bought a kit from Robin hood about 18 months ago..its a roling chassis with a 1.6 litre pinto engine......the kit i bought is called the lightweight and is a aluminimum monocoque riveted and bonded together chassis/body.. it has yellow wings 15 " alloys , mounty steering wheel etc..... guess what... its for sale as an unfinished project , my friend who was building it with me has moved ...so i have to get rid........ any offers ????? i can supply comprehensive build photos.....etc...cheers ephraim

Would be interested in seeing the pics mate...cheers! 8)

stan
27-11-2007, 20:46
me and a mate are building a 450bhp rover V8, Caterham style kit-car.

8)

MattyH16valver
27-11-2007, 21:20
me and a mate are building a 450bhp rover V8, Caterham style kit-car.
8)

lol...good man...i tkae it you've been on here..
http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/default.html

These are based on the Rover V8 :twisted:

thane
27-11-2007, 21:28
mate of mine has/is building a 2b of robin hoods. they're not a bad kit, but you will get what you pay for, so be prepared to do a bit of remedial work to get some bits to fit

Flan
10-12-2007, 17:46
Yer i've almost finished mine, i would update the projects but im not a member :lol: if your doing it by the book its ok but if your fitting custom engines and bits it gets expensive and time consuming, i could have build 3 clio 20v's in the time i've spent on the Kit car. In the end, yes it will be cool and fast BUT not the kind of thing you'd wanna drive on the road, here's what mine looks like so far.. and my other toy ;)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/FlansS14/30092007017-001.jpg

:wink: 452bhp/tonn

dan-hipgrave
10-12-2007, 18:13
We used to have an AC Cobra replica. Only had the granada 2.8 V6 engine but was still fast. I will build my own one day, so much fun :lol: