PDA

View Full Version : Different doors and rear bumper?

Wobba
27-11-2007, 18:53
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/jddowden259/DSC00128.jpg

and

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/jddowden259/DSC00038-1.jpg

This is a car I am looking at tomorrow. Think the car panels all look slightly different colour? Something to be aware of? Or is it my eyesight?

Swervin_Mervin
27-11-2007, 19:05
Spooky. Mine's different shades in exactly the same places and shades. :? :shock: :lol:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/Swervin_Mervin/DSC07059.jpg

drsmith1979
27-11-2007, 19:08
worst case scenario its had its arches repaired and thus the rear quarter resprayed, wouldnt worry about it 8)

Wobba
27-11-2007, 19:12
Yea hehe. The problem with Clio 16v's is the rear quarter can play tricks on the eyes, because it is at a different angle and catches the light differently. Tungsten seems to do it a lot.

Anyway, I'll have a look!

Wobba
27-11-2007, 19:15
worst case scenario its had its arches repaired and thus the rear quarter resprayed, wouldnt worry about it 8)

The arches need doing as it happens. It's not as bad as some I have seen but will need sorting. maybe I can get the colour matched properly when that gets done.

LEEDASH
27-11-2007, 19:23
in the 1st and 2nd pic's one side has the ph 1 strip down door and on the other has ph 2 strip,maybe has had a new door at some stage ? investigate like csi ! ! !

Wobba
27-11-2007, 19:25
in the 1st and 2nd pic's one side has the ph 1 strip down door and on the other has ph 2 strip,maybe has had a new door at some stage ? investigate like csi ! ! !

Well spotted Sherlock! The car has all Ph2 sidestrips now I believe, as the bloke had them available and one of the old Ph1 ones fell off :D

LEEDASH
27-11-2007, 20:00
Well if you do have it,replace them to the original ones,keep it standard,you find them on here all the time

Wobba
27-11-2007, 20:24
Well if you do have it,replace them to the original ones,keep it standard,you find them on here all the time

yea, will do. this will just be a mini project pre-Williams ;)

LEIGH-ANNE
27-11-2007, 21:35
Where is this then wobba

(dont worry im def after a willy)

:wink:

Wobba
28-11-2007, 02:14
lol ;)

It's over in East Sussex. I located previous owner, so I am aware of possible problems. Got anotehr one to see as well but if it's good and cheap I'll snap it up for stripping!

Wobba
28-11-2007, 23:39

You were right. Rear quarters, both sides, resprayed. Proper job it seems, but arches are showing rust again, not tooo bad though.

LEIGH-ANNE
28-11-2007, 23:40
soooo did u get it then........... 8)

Wobba
29-11-2007, 00:23
soooo did u get it then........... 8)

:D

Yea, I did! It's not a Willyams, but it is a great car to learn a bit of mechanics on as a project and at £750 with just 90k (verified) miles and cambelt/full MOT just done it is a bargain!

Had to drive it back a fairly long way, and as with any older car in the dark and pissing rain I was a bit apprehensive and taking it really easy, but to be honest everything held up well...and there's still a good load of power still in the 1.8 engine :D

It needs some bodywork doing, but it's not bad. Brakes need a bit of sorting but probably just pads will do it for now, and I noticed a very slight wobble in nearside front suspension (which I found as an observation in the last MOT just now). Easy jobs.

Other than that the interior is very good, all electrics work, no starting problem or anything. Needs heater fan fixing and driver doorlock solenoid thing, but that's it :P

Had a few interesting challenges from a few other cars on the way: GTiR, Lancer EVO 8 and some kind of tricked-up Peugeot 306 gay boys car...bloody French poo :wink: Of course, I didn't give them the satisfaction of blowing me away hehe.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/jddowden259/DSC00127.jpg

LEIGH-ANNE
29-11-2007, 00:36
Well done....good find then...and a good deal

So u insured etc.....ill race ya cum sunday lol 8)

Wobba
29-11-2007, 01:27
Well done....good find then...and a good deal

So u insured etc.....ill race ya cum sunday lol 8)

Yep, insured. Need to tax it though :roll: It's sat on the road at the moment and the traffic wardens round here are looking for a way to give me some payback for all the shit I caused em hehe!

Will tax as soon as papers arrive.

Racing? Well, I'm getting a bit old for all that. I was goign so slow on the way home tonight even caravan drivers were overtaking me, shaking their fists and shouting abuse at me.

Zollo
29-11-2007, 11:22
Had a few interesting challenges from a few other cars on the way: GTiR, Lancer EVO 8 and some kind of tricked-up Peugeot 306 gay boys car...bloody French poo :wink: Of course, I didn't give them the satisfaction of blowing me away hehe.

=;

Don't even go there... old boy!

Wobba
29-11-2007, 12:54

=;

Don't even go there... old boy!

HAHA!!

1995clio16v
29-11-2007, 23:49
You any plans for it wobba or just standard (ish!)?

Wobba
30-11-2007, 00:12
You any plans for it wobba or just standard (ish!)?

Well, get it in good mechanical order and stuff at first, sort out some bad bits of bodywork too...then wait for the inevitable need for MORE POWER SCOTTY, then get onto losing my licence again.

There are a few niggly bits which I will get onto but with it being so dark so fast and stuff it's hard to get underneath and poke about much so far :(

Got some new bits coming and will be off to a bodyshop at some stage.

I need to get some new tools as well!

I would like to widetrack it, but may not bother as I still plan to get a Williams. IF I go down that route though, and the niggly bits get sorted and the bodywork isn't a nightmare, I will consider putting a F7R in as well and forget the Williams hehe.

At the moment though it's just driving the car about to get the feel for it and see if any big problems raise their head, however, so far it all seems good except for a worn joint on the nearside suspension :D

I will think very carefully about lowering. I like the look of a lowered clio but have had bad experiences in the past with stuff like that ruining a cars dynamics. I may lower a little but not much, and I wont change wheel size.

I think the car is a goodun, and the engine/gearbox seems very good, just needing a bit of TLC, then I'll hopefully be off to trackdays yey :gears:

Wobba
30-11-2007, 00:27
I was going to have a go at stripping the car as well. But having had a really good nosey about, it's just too nice to do that. I was really amazed at the interior condition on the body work and stuff when I lifted the carpets, you would think it was brand new. Seems a shame to strip it and get a heatgun to it like that.

seanofnp
30-11-2007, 10:35
bout ****in time dan! Nice motor mate, one of the best colours.

Now il have to pop up and you can drive my hybrid and then god knows youll strip and f7r it and forget all about williams ;)

Wobba
01-12-2007, 16:58
bout F***IN time dan! Nice motor mate, one of the best colours.

Now il have to pop up and you can drive my hybrid and then god knows youll strip and f7r it and forget all about williams ;)
Hehe! Aye! I am going to have to replace a few suspension bits...so I am thinking of just replacing it with Williams widetrack anyway...lol, I am on the slippery slope already!

Was about to take some pics but it's just pissed down with rain...managed to only get one, and I've not cleaned it :(

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/barneywobba/My%2016V/DSC00094.jpg

I like Tungsten! Right, off to go get some a torx set and some cleaning things...back later!

Laine_16v
01-12-2007, 18:16
TUNGSTEN LOVE!!!!!!, mine spends most its time like this...........

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/laine_16v/PNX2.jpg

Wobba
02-12-2007, 01:44
TUNGSTEN LOVE!!!!!!, mine spends most its time like this...........

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/laine_16v/PNX2.jpg

Awhh :( Poor Laine. What happen?

I wont be caning mine till I am around 90% isure t wont blow up, so I need another couple of weeks ot 'getting to know you' with my Tungy 16v. It is a great colour though, in fact I think it looks better dirty. I love dirty stuff.

I have to figure out why the oil pressure is low, not noticed any oil leaks but owner before last says he had to fill it up every 2-3 weeks...maybe he just drove it hard everywhere...not noticed any leakage at all unless it is valve stem seals or whatever they called, as I did see white smoke from the exhaust, but only in the cold/damp shitty conditions we have had lately.

Right, I am drunk, so I am off to ebay to bid on stupid things. See you all later and thanks for teh help!

Laine_16v
02-12-2007, 11:54
I bought the car and it blew the HG within 24 hours :/

So i had it repaired properly and it blew the gasket again in less than a month!

Its believed that the bottom end is scorched between cylinders 1 and 2 (it blew there both times), and there fore needs the block decking e.t.c

So im just wacking a new williams engine in there :) ££££ :cry:

Wobba
02-12-2007, 16:04
Oh noes :( Still Willy engine is a good move :)

What sort of wheels are they? I need to change my old poxy Turdbines and am looking for options :D

drsmith1979
02-12-2007, 16:12
look like pro 1.2's in 15inch format

mozzarooni
02-12-2007, 16:39
Think they are turinis! Look MINT!!

Laine_16v
02-12-2007, 16:41
They are 15" OZ Turini's and theres not a single mark on them 8)