PDA

View Full Version : parking ticket... not your usual post! lol

drsmith1979
26-11-2007, 18:22
right, not your usual one this so bare with me!

basically went into warrington to have a mooch for xmas shopping ideas, i parked in the same multi storey i have done for years, the one opposite the JJB gym on Academy way Warrington. The place was empty! anyway, i decided as all good drivers do to park further away from the exits so there was minimum chance of getting my doors dinged as happens all the time. I parked in a seperate 2 bay parking spot right by one of the down ramps.

on one side there are metal barriers and the other is the outside wall (with an extra space inbetween) see pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/drsmith/parkingpic1.jpg

i parked in the bay on the right, it measures 217.5cm from the actual metal post to the inner edge of the white bay line. The place was dead so i parked with my two left wheels beyond the outer left line, which i now know is thoroughly frowned upon! lol The problem is this, after sitting down and calculating things these are my findings. The width of the williams from its outermost point i measured as roughly 170cm. the distance between the post and the linner line is 217.5cm, so after much theorising and testing on the car, if the car was parked perfectly central, it would leave 23 3/4cm either side. Given the length of the door 128cm hinged at one end obviously, when the door is opened to its max allowed in the centre before hitting the post or a theoretical car next to it, the gap measures 9cm. Even if i parked right on the outer left extremity giving me the full 47.5cm distance, this only equates to 26cm of room to get out of the car (not enough with a reconstructed knee or normal for that matter!), but leaves it impossible to park in the next bay without climbing out of the sunroof haha.. so my point is that it is actually impossible to park within the said lines without rendering the next parking bay unusable and causing damage to mine or theirs.

Anyway, i have told them i am going to appeal based on the above facts, i will be going into the office later this week, not that it will get me anywhere, but its now a principle factor!!

one thing to note, on the parking penalty notice , the muppet has put;

Vehicle make: Peugeot, Colour: Blue

haha.... do the same laws apply to parking tickets that apply to speeding tickets, i.e. the information needs to be 100% correct? obviously he will have a pic of the car parked for his records, but just want to check!

opinions? 8) ... as hanibal once said... i love it when i plan comes together :twisted:

Daz.
26-11-2007, 18:55
Its not my car gov - mines a Renault 8)

Mick_RSC
26-11-2007, 19:52
What you should have done is get a solicitor to write back and claim the car is not yours an you wont pay.

If it goes to court just deny you have a peugot in a blue colour. Say nothing else.

Case will be inadmissable.

Wobba
26-11-2007, 20:00
I know a lot about parking fines. Is it a council controlled car park or private?

Wobba
26-11-2007, 20:02
Can you scan the PCN please?

Coops
26-11-2007, 20:08
wahey, the market car park! used to park across them exact bays whenever i went into wazza in my old RT years ago. they must of cracked down recently, never had an issue!

as said tho, they have put the incorrect car make down, so the case should be thrown out if you simply deny it was your car based on the claim in the paperwork!

Wobba
26-11-2007, 20:28
Before you do anything show me the PCN, and check the signage in the parking area. If you PCN says in the contravention: 'not parked wholly inside of the bay' then the signs in the car park have to specifiy this ''you must park wholly within a bay''. There's several other things as well, but most Councils have fixed the other PCN compliance issues now.

drsmith1979
26-11-2007, 20:45
there is a sign near the enquiries desk stating that you have to be in the bay, but i only saw it when i went to complain about my ticket :lol:

drsmith1979
26-11-2007, 20:47
they will have a pic of the car parked as it was, so can prove it was my car and my reg etc... so saying it wasnt the right make of car wont work i dont think, i am merely using it to show that the issuing officer didnt use any common sense and was more focussed on issuing a ticket and generating money than looking at what was actually happening. it says RENAULT on the back in big **** off letters lol

Wobba
26-11-2007, 21:13
Park within a bay, which I gather is defined by white lines right? There are no white lines on the right hand side, so then it's not a bay, right? I'm confused! ask them for a photo of the so called contravention and appeal on the basis I mentioned in your PM.

Arguing using your own common sense will fail. Saying an issuing officer wasn't using common sense will fail. They DONT CARE ABOUT COMMON SENSE OR JUSTICE THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

I tried arguing a case using common sense and it cost me dear, until I went down to their nasty grubby level and beat them at their own game, using ridiculous technicalities rather than decency and common sense.

http://www.asrm48.dsl.pipex.com/parking/File0004.JPG

I beat them in the end. Now they are running scared from MY bailiffs. Greedy scum!

drsmith1979
27-11-2007, 00:07
haha comedy genius.... what technicalities?

wavy
27-11-2007, 00:14
the same happened to my friend
he parked his landrover disco in the bay asnd his wheels touched the white lines
he argued and won then a month later parked in the same bay they did him again

his argument was the lines wasnt adequate for the purpose if his road legal car couldnt fit ?

also has someone else has pointed out there is only 1 line so its technically not a bay
just like yellow lines have to be correct ?
hope you stuff them

my other friend just got a ballif letter today
a 30 fine is now 180 or thjey take the car next week :(

drsmith1979
27-11-2007, 18:55
well i've been in contact with Neil Herron and numerous people on pepipoo so im putting together my appeal as we speak! hehe

leeshez
06-12-2007, 20:50
Well there both frenxh, maybe the guy got confused.

number1
06-12-2007, 22:07
if i were you id photograph your car in the bay, showing that theres no way in hell you could get into it should another car park alongside you, let alone them, then ask them about claiming damages if someone did damage your car.. if you pay for a ticket surely you are paying them to look after your property no??