PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to resync a key?

rctempire
24-11-2007, 20:43
Ive read many guides on how to "resync" a key for an IR Remote?

Ive got some spare keys lying around and i wish to have another central locking remote for my clio.

Mark 1 phase 3.

Anyone got any ideas?

Resynchronising an Infrared (IR) Key Fob

Press and hold the central locking button until doors lock and unlock. The red light will come on. Then point the key fob button at the roof receiver and press numerous times. The doors should lock. Now try and see if the car unlocks by pushing the button again. This may also resynchronise the signal to the immobiliser but cannot be guaranteed.[/quote]

Lunner
24-11-2007, 20:46
i believe its something renault have to do, programme it to the receiver code, there was a bloke advertising on ebay that offered that service though.....ages and ages ago though

cliolord
24-11-2007, 21:25
if you ever loose your key, iirc you can fit the reciever and key from another remote central locking clio and it will work with the blip off that car. I did this about 4 years back on my Clio rsi as the sunroof had leaked water all over the circuit board

rctempire
24-11-2007, 21:32
Im trying to have a spare key as i only have one key with a blip. So i want another blip to disable the imobilser.

Matty86
24-11-2007, 22:37
I think i've heard ClarkieV6 over on cliosport might do this?

number1
12-02-2008, 23:49
Id also like to know, does a Phase1 plip and reciever work in a ph2? my mates just bought a clio 16v and the central locking doesnt work, and it is de-locked.... lol tried fitting a working plip and reciever to it today and it didnt work, tried it in my car and it still didnt work, its been left for months without power though wondered if the key needed recoding... or the phase 2 ecu ripping out and binning from her 16v. Even my working key and reciever didnt work in her car... sodding phase 2's!!!!

white16valver
13-02-2008, 09:56
I think i've heard ClarkieV6 over on cliosport might do this?
If he can then I'd be interested in getting a second key too!

Thinking about it though, in Timpsons keycutting place near me, the bloke said that he can do copies of keys with the plipper copied too, but that he couldn't sell me just a cut key without the plipper bit - some stupid law or something.

I think it was about £24 to get done but haven't done it myself yet. Might be worth a punt?

Matty86
13-02-2008, 15:48
eternalife just checked, and Clarkie can only do the mk2 keys iirc

I got just a blade cut for mine when it snapped in the ignition

was £5 to remove from the ignition (took about 3s) and another fiver to cut a new blade and about £7 or so for the blank blade from reno iirc...

Matty86
13-02-2008, 15:49
also, think my new plip from reno that I got for my old RT was about £95! (coded)

number1
13-02-2008, 16:09
Ive found out the way to do it now, hopefully, some dont need re synching, others that do..

This is how apparently

1. Press central locking switch in the centre for more than 5 seconds

Doors should lock then unlock

2. carry out the following within 10-15 seconds
3. press key plip button twice (once on some models)

Doors will lock or unlock

im not sure if this will work but might be worth a try, im going up my mates in a minute to try and recode hers

Dave

Daz.
13-02-2008, 16:32
I payed 99p for one of those instruction jobbies on how to do it as I didn't believe it - Irony has it that the night I did it the car got hit so haven't had chance to test it out - I'm leaving dodgy feedback if it doesn't work! I emailed him and said what car I had and he was yeh it'll work..

I'll dig it out if its here but I reckon I actually left it in the glovebox so you'll have to wait till the weekend!

Daz.
13-02-2008, 16:34
Oh and it looked something like above ^^^

I bought two brand new fobs and got two brand new kets cut so I'm hoping this works :D

number1
13-02-2008, 16:37
I got it off the autodata cd i have :wink: hopefully they will work

Dave

eternalife
13-02-2008, 18:04
I heard of the above method sometime back but never got the chance to test - although I do remember someone saying explicitly it will not work, and that it only worked on a different renault car (possibly espace :? )
Ended up paying Reno £105 for a new BLIP and Blade which was sent from france already encoded to the car.

Matteh tested swapping over the receiver and keys - and that definitely works.

Would be good if someone gave the above method a try.

white16valver
13-02-2008, 18:20
Someone like mat who has lots of old spare plippers from dead/scrapped cars needs to have a go! lol

number1
13-02-2008, 18:23
I tried a working plip and reciever from my old valver in her car, and it didnt work even with new battery's tried it in mine and it still didnt work...

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the phase 1 and 2 plips and recievers?? my plip and reciever are off a ph1 and her car is a ph2 with a ph2 ecu c**p

Rich
13-02-2008, 19:00
ph 2 plips and receivers are on a green circuit board and are paired with the key AND the ECU, these are useless in any other car unless you have the ECU also. ph1 plips are on a brown circuit board and will work in any other non-immobiliser clio provided you have the correct plip and receiver. the keys CANNOT be re-syncd at home so dont waste time or money (tried it all when i had the valver and it didnt work) ended up with a new plip and board from another clio and pulled my key out of the old one

number1
13-02-2008, 19:02
So what if i use a ph1 plip, reciever and a ph1 ecu, will it all work then?

Dave

Matty86
13-02-2008, 19:11
all of my ph1 plips have been on a green circuit board

I wouldn't have thought they'd be coded to the ECU, what happens when you put a ph1 ecu in a ph2?

I tried that plilp recoding thing (pressing lock button for 5s etc..)

not happened... locks didnt even re-open :?

number1
13-02-2008, 19:21
Think its only the immobiliser that is built into the ph2 ecu, but that would need to be removed so you could use a phase one plip surely??

Rich
13-02-2008, 19:28
So what if i use a ph1 plip, reciever and a ph1 ecu, will it all work then?

Dave

the ECU will rid the immobiliser problem. as for the working of the lock/unlocking i couldnt say. but i had both a green circuit boarded key and receiver and a brown one. bot were working before removal from the other car. my car was a black ph 1.5 with original alarm. the green one did nothing when attached. the brown one worked AND so did the alarm

Rich
13-02-2008, 19:29
all of my ph1 plips have been on a green circuit board

the plips are, the receiver boards aren't

number1
13-02-2008, 19:29
Guessing the brown one is for phase ones then, ill try that thanks!

Rich
13-02-2008, 19:33
yes mate brown boards are ph1, obviously get the paired key to go with it and if it works you can pull your old key out of the other receiver and put it in your new one

Winston
13-02-2008, 23:03
Right heres my 50p's worth

To my knowledge.... The IR Sensor can be changed willy nilly, I have never had a problem and all the ones ive sold on ebay work for the buyers, straight swap

PH2's are just ghey.. to work they need matching key, sendor unit and ECU... they are all linked... Ph1 ECU FTW!! lol