PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Tyre Wear

Illusion
21-11-2007, 10:37
The handling has been a bit random lately, had a look at the tyres and I've got uneven/more wear on the inside of the tyres.

Over the last 8 months I have taken it to RSR 3 times to sort out the tracking and I'm still not happy with the way the Willy feels.

Any suggestions of where else to go or what could the problem could be would be appreciated.

Ian

white16valver
21-11-2007, 16:47
Inner edge wear could be excess camber.

Is it lowered? Are you on original but old springs?

If the handling's a bit random then something could be on the way out - bearings, rack, column...

I feel your pain about the handling though - mine's just not quite right and it's driving me mad :(

cooper
21-11-2007, 22:42
check the wishbones mate and the track rod ends, they normally make the steering feel funny, it would b a good idea to get the cambers checked aswell mate.

DaveH
22-11-2007, 01:34

Is it lowered? Are you on original but old springs?

If the handling's a bit random then something could be on the way out - bearings, rack, column...

I feel your pain about the handling though - mine's just not quite right and it's driving me mad :(

Excess (positive) camber would be outer edge wear, negative camber would make the tyres wear on the inner edge, also the toe being incorrect could cause tyre wear issues, if its toeing out it would cause inner edge wear. tbh i would try a different company to set your tracking up especially if youve been a few times and its still not right.

white16valver
22-11-2007, 14:00
Excess (positive) camber would be outer edge wear, negative camber would make the tyres wear on the inner edge
Yeah, that's what I meant - stop getting technical on me ;) LoL :lol:

DaveH
23-11-2007, 00:44
Sorry pal i was pissed when i wrote that- surprised i got it the right way round lol :lol: