PDA

View Full Version : Garage Lock-Ups for Winter

MattyH16valver
18-11-2007, 14:06
Really getting desperate now to try and garage my car over winter after I've spent so much money on getting it mint and re-sprayed etc, but can't for the life of me get one! I've contacted the local council, but theres a waiting list in order to get one, so that probably won't be for a while. Also looked at Yell.com and found a few results, but have'nt been able to get hold of any of them yet. Really need to get the car in a garage to waxoil and underseal it. :( Mat Brown......I wish I had ur garage! :lol: Any other ideas finding garage lock ups anyone?

Matt_16v
18-11-2007, 14:18
whereabouts in Bucks are you? theres some garages in my block that dont get used so am sure someone would rent one out. I'min Buckingham, is that too far?

Matt

Lunner
18-11-2007, 14:32
've applied for a local garage, only one i got offered was in the worst area in my town...i think not

MattyH16valver
18-11-2007, 14:51
whereabouts in Bucks are you? theres some garages in my block that dont get used so am sure someone would rent one out. I'min Buckingham, is that too far?

Matt

Thats not too far from me at all mate...I live in Haddenham in-between Thame and Aylesbury. Would be very greatful if u could ask if someone would be willing to let me use one, and if so how much they want. Cheers mate.

dan-hipgrave
18-11-2007, 15:16
I had the same problem a few months back. Ended up applying at Reading Council even though im 12 miles out of reading they still gave me a garage! Had a choice of low-high quality too. I guess Reading is a bit far for you though mate but try a similar thing - other local town councils..

Dan

MattyH16valver
18-11-2007, 15:28
I had the same problem a few months back. Ended up applying at Reading Council even though im 12 miles out of reading they still gave me a garage! Had a choice of low-high quality too. I guess Reading is a bit far for you though mate but try a similar thing - other local town councils..

Dan

Good idea...thanks for that mate. 8)

Daz.
18-11-2007, 17:52
****ing drive it you pussy!

MattyH16valver
18-11-2007, 18:21
f***king drive it you pussy!

No...theres too much salt that goes on the roads around here...I've spent far too much money on this car for mr rust to set in! :roll: Won't harm for it to be off the road over winter...I've got a 2.0l Megane Coupe to drive in the mean time :lol:

FATBOY
18-11-2007, 18:38
im one of the lucky ones then! ive got a locked car port/garage (rear is open) on the side of the house. :D all year round protection :wink:

MatBrown
18-11-2007, 18:41
Really getting desperate now to try and garage my car over winter after I've spent so much money on getting it mint and re-sprayed etc, but can't for the life of me get one! I've contacted the local council, but theres a waiting list in order to get one, so that probably won't be for a while. Also looked at Yell.com and found a few results, but have'nt been able to get hold of any of them yet. Really need to get the car in a garage to waxoil and underseal it. :( Mat Brown......I wish I had ur garage! :lol: Any other ideas finding garage lock ups anyone?

:P

Mat.

MatrixGuy
18-11-2007, 20:18
I think i would want to garage my williams if it was as mint as yours bud, lol.

You not going to use dinitrol?

MattyH16valver
18-11-2007, 20:50
I think i would want to garage my williams if it was as mint as yours bud, lol.

You not going to use dinitrol?

Cheers mate...I've used some Dinitrol Cavity wax inside the arches behind the door cards.....still need to clean all the mud from out of the actual arches and use some underseal/wax....also the sills too.

MatrixGuy
18-11-2007, 21:38
Yeah, i was suprised the amount of crap stuck on the inside of my arches, hand fulls of hard mud came off using my nails. :shock:

Daz.
18-11-2007, 23:48
Tut tut if you have to dig it out your not looking after it propely!

I check my arches for shit weekly - I believe that to be half the reason they never got any worse in the 18 months I was waiting for them to be resprayed...

AndyFielder
19-11-2007, 10:11
I have a lockup you can use neer uxbridge/hayes.

(about 40mins form you i think.. did my IAM training over you way)

Will charge you £30, inorder to shift the car thats in there already and then £5/week ... how does that sound... £20/month.

Andy

bluenose
19-11-2007, 12:04
^^^ Bargain that!

I had the same problem, my local council cant allocate me a garage untill late December/January. A few of my mates are in the same boat so we've decided to try and get a bigger unit between 3 of us. Will probably cost a bit more than a council garage but the extra space will be useful. I dont know what they are like by you but the ones around here, you would have to wheel the car out to work on it and climb out the windows when you park up inside :lol:

AndyFielder
19-11-2007, 12:40
yeah its the same near me!

:(

oneday if i can make money out of car parts i will buy a small unit i think.

freebone16v
19-11-2007, 12:55
its threads like this about preservation that makes me slightly weary of selling the 172 and making a return to mark 1 ownership

Daz.
19-11-2007, 13:07
^^^ never - Mines sat outside getting hammered as we speak - its about how you look after them day to day not nescasarily (sp?) the way they're kept over winter...

Bet you a tenner mine lasts longer than a lot of these on here :wink:

AndyFielder
19-11-2007, 13:11

Is that why^

^^^ never - Mines sat outside getting hammered as we speak - its about how you look after them day to day not nescasarily (sp?) the way they're kept over winter...

Bet you a tenner mine lasts longer than a lot of these on here :wink:

Tommo
19-11-2007, 13:41
I'd just get a decent outdoor cover, that's what I use and it does the job

MatrixGuy
19-11-2007, 14:12
Tut tut if you have to dig it out your not looking after it propely!

I check my arches for s**t weekly - I believe that to be half the reason they never got any worse in the 18 months I was waiting for them to be resprayed...

I was just unaware how much crap actually gets stuck under the arches... well i do now!

I will be checking on a weekly basis too.

MattyH16valver
19-11-2007, 14:44
I have a lockup you can use neer uxbridge/hayes.

(about 40mins form you i think.. did my IAM training over you way)

Will charge you £30, inorder to shift the car thats in there already and then £5/week ... how does that sound... £20/month.

Andy

Sounds very tempting mate...thanks for the offer, i will have a good think today and give you an answer tonight. Matt

MattyH16valver
19-11-2007, 14:44

Could be an option...Matt

bluenose
19-11-2007, 16:58

I cant park on a drive or this would be my option. A car parked on the road with a cover over it tends to attract the attention of scally's wanting to see what's so good that it needs a cover! :lol:

Wobba
19-11-2007, 19:30
http://www.carcoon.co.uk/images/gallery/Full/multi-carcoon.jpg

Sorted!

MatrixGuy
19-11-2007, 20:07
I have seen them bubble cover things, they look really good. They have special air filters in them, about £350 i think.

MattyH16valver
19-11-2007, 20:11
Awesome!! :lol: U know some bastard would knife it though! :roll:

evouk
19-11-2007, 20:46
mines wrapped up in blankets sat on the car trailer which is on axle stands to save the tyres going square.......

Will check it next week and see all is ok

evouk
19-11-2007, 20:55
mines wrapped up in blankets sat on the car trailer which is on axle stands to save the tyres going square.......

Will check it next week and see all is ok