PDA

View Full Version : track car - 1.4rt/valver base car

thane
17-11-2007, 19:26
hey folks,

I'm looking to build a track car, and will hopefully have the chance to pick up a cheap 96 1.4rt (our old family car). Question is, am I ok to use the 1.4 and upgrade it as I go along, or start with a valver?

second q

I've heard about the widetrack that the williams has, what does this consist of? and where can I get hold the bits

I know it would be easier/cheaper to buy a willy but if I did I'd have to keep it standard I'm afraid.

advice? (did try a search but was struggling a bit with the widetrack)

Mr.AdamB
17-11-2007, 19:34
buy a valver for a base imo.

get a wide track off sum 1 breaking a williams,

richy
17-11-2007, 19:35
hey folks,

I'm looking to build a track car, and will hopefully have the chance to pick up a cheap 96 1.4rt (our old family car). Question is, am I ok to use the 1.4 and upgrade it as I go along, or start with a valver?

second q

I've heard about the widetrack that the williams has, what does this consist of? and where can I get hold the bits

I know it would be easier/cheaper to buy a willy but if I did I'd have to keep it standard I'm afraid.

advice? (did try a search but was struggling a bit with the widetrack)

you can start off with any clio base even the 1.2! it is cheaper and easyier to start with a valver, but its up to you at the end of the day

williams wide track you will need the shockers/wishbones/driveshafts/ARB if fitted to a valver, if fitting to a lower model you will need the hubs too(different spacing and bigger bearings) and wider wings off a 16v/williams and pos the steering arms (not sure how far the std models will wind out)

but it will make it much better changing to that!

thane
17-11-2007, 19:52
ok, ill stick with looking for a cheaper valver then, (suppose the wings and bonnet plus others will add up eventually).

thanks for the quick response :thumbsup: