PDA

View Full Version : will one of these fit???

FATBOY
17-11-2007, 18:19
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KENWOOD-KVT-729DVD-TOUCH-SCREEN-DVD-7-MONITOR-729-NEW_W0QQitemZ120181176539QQihZ002QQcategoryZ67772Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

just worried about the screen.. as w all know the position of the radio slot in the mark 1 clios is a funny angle... but will this radio fit the slot tho??

Lunner
17-11-2007, 18:20
Possibly better asking the geeks on clitosport?

arj256
17-11-2007, 18:47
Could fit if you had the screen tilted in the settings.
If you reset it though, then it could get jammed with the default angle.
Only time you see those headunits in clio's is in the heater vents so on that basis probably doesnt fit.
A few headunits out now with screens in them and are the normal size would seem a safer bet.

BRUN
17-11-2007, 18:54
you can get an Alpine for that kind of money
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=13078

also as above, you wont be able to see the screen, it would be tilted at a funny angle

you would need to fit it into the vents

lewis_willy2
17-11-2007, 19:53
no they dont, mine was sat about 2 inches out of the slot even on furthest tilt, i modified the heater vents and it fitted lovely

FATBOY
17-11-2007, 20:16
any pics of the vent mods?

Lunner
17-11-2007, 20:20
Have a search on cliosport, i remember ages ago alot of the R5 boys swapped the heater controls with the radio.

As for vents they just pull out, just need to sort the wiring out.....can't remember where it runs, you might be able to do it without chopping wires

FATBOY
17-11-2007, 20:39
where would the heater controls go? dont really want to start butchering the dash about. after all it is a WILLIAMS 8)

BRUN
17-11-2007, 23:41
as far as i know the controls dont go anywhere, you just lose the 2 vents to fit the stereo

sometimes there is an adapter on ebay to fit 2 dials in the space so maybe you could adapt that

drsmith1979
17-11-2007, 23:57
iCE in a williams? whats the world coming too..... my mongoose is the only ICE i have in mine haha 8)

FATBOY
18-11-2007, 00:02
wouldnt mind losing 2 vents! would like to see some pics of this done. just to get an idea of what it would look like? how do you block the vents up once the headunit is in place???? or would there be continuous airflow from behind the headunit???

Coops
18-11-2007, 11:07
heres an idea mate, not quite the same unit but the screen pops up from the vents. you can block off the feed to the centre vents when you take them out so thats not an issue. all the wiring can be moved around fairly easily aswell as the dash at that point is open behind all the controls,clock, etc so anything thats moved can be reconnected simply.

only issue is if you do the swap between radio location and heater controls, cuz to get the heater control wires to work once the unit is relocated to the current radio slot aint easy as far as am aware.so best bet is probabaly go for the vents out option!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/coopahstar/Clio7.jpg

Daz.
18-11-2007, 13:13
I had bloody loads on my old drive until it died :evil:

This is the only one I could find

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Daz0rz/16v/Clio697.jpg

Lunner
18-11-2007, 13:15
Just outa interest.....aren't you gonna be driving your clio rather than watching DVDs, or is that for when you're parked up showing off in maccy d's car park paul? ;)

You'll be asking about sub and amp packages next ol

FATBOY
18-11-2007, 13:26
Just outa interest.....aren't you gonna be driving your clio rather than watching DVDs, or is that for when you're parked up showing off in maccy d's car park paul? ;)

already got them! knew it wouldnt be long before you piped up tom! :wink:

so daz, was the radio a proper snug fit??? or was it just resting in there???

Daz.
18-11-2007, 14:11
No idea fella - I just had a few pictures of other people doing it...

From what I remember of the old ones they seemed to use those stereo fascia convertors from other cars

If I was doing it myself I'd measure the air vents and see what size fascia I'd need and look into firstly if any adaptors for newer cars match the sizes needed.

Make sure its a decent unit too - It'll be at a sharper angle than the standard unit and some CD players don't like going beyone certain angles...

Lunner
18-11-2007, 14:33

already got them! knew it wouldnt be long before you piped up tom! :wink:

so daz, was the radio a proper snug fit??? or was it just resting in there???

hate to disappoint mate....thats ok, you can be the mobile disco for next years FCS :lol:

bluenose
19-11-2007, 11:56
Just a suggestion, you can get the screens in the sunvisors now. They arent that expensive from what i have seen. You can get a normal headunit that can play DVD's and wire it up to the sunvisors. Would be a bit more discrete aswell rather than having a bulky screen unit sticking out from where the heater vents should be. Plus you get 2 screens 8)

Daz.
19-11-2007, 13:10
^^^ Actually - thats a w i n n e r ! place yer bets! 8)

Forgot about that method - no-one would know either and its piss easy to get a wire up to there...