PDA

View Full Version : Millers???

dannyt
06-06-2005, 14:12
How much is Millers Gearbox oil delivered please Mark and how many litres will I need to refill the box?

Danny

Mark_Ritchspeed
07-06-2005, 19:12
Sorry, meant to reply to this yesterday, but forgot. I recommend getting 5 litres at a time even though the box only requires 3.1 litres. The discounts are much better with 5 litre containers as opposed to individual 1 litre bottles and the end cost is virtually identical.

Anyway, the one I use in nearly all our high performance cars (unless they have an lsd) is the Millers TRX 75w/90 fully synthetic. This is not the competition spec but as a general rule competition spec oils dont last quite as long as oils designed for road use and most people dont want to change gearbox oil every 12 months. I know I dont.

Its £31 for 5 litres + p/p which is around £9. Total of £40. Direct from Millers would be £48.

To be honest it very often makes more sense to order at least 10 litres of a mixture of engine and gearbox oil as the postage only goes up marginally. For example up to 20kgs only costs £12.50 for delivery.

Martin
07-06-2005, 19:21
Might have to get on this...how often should the g/box oil be changed anyway? I've never had it done on any of my cars.. :oops: will it make a difference to the way it feels/performs?

Mark_Ritchspeed
07-06-2005, 19:43
Most gearbox oils stay in the car from new until it dies. For heavy track work I would recommend changing once a year regardless of how good the oil is. For occasional track use and hard road driving, once every 24 months should be fine as long as the gear oil your using is good quality.

dannyt
08-06-2005, 08:07
Martin do you fancy going ona bulk buy with me, possibly along with some willwood 4 pots!!!!

Thanks very much Mark, ill be ordering some of that, if anyone else is interested, let me know and Ill get the job lot delivered and will meet for a pick up?

Danny

matty
09-06-2005, 18:53
Stupidly removed gearbox sump plug rather than engine and drained Redline synthetic that had onlybeen in there 20k or so. So sourced some Millers (5 litres) and although an expensive mistake it is very good stuff to put in. Comparable if not better than the Redlien stuff.

Valver box takes about 3.5 litres. So any left can be used next time with a purchase of 2 more litres.

Well worth doing and easy to do, just need a pipe large enough to fit in the filler hole and a funnel. Takes a while to do though.

Operation of gearbox is much better, thought Redline was good and Millers not as good first try but now its ran in a bit it is just effortless gearchanging, perhaps a little lighter than with Redline but no less positive.