PDA

View Full Version : OWNING 2 WILLYS!

simonr85
14-11-2007, 14:55
If i bought another williams and it was quite a distance away from me, would i be able to put my plates on it of the willy i currently own so i would look legit to ANPR's? I am obv not going to do this was just wondering how easy it would be to get away with it.

AndyFielder
14-11-2007, 15:08
go for it!

geznay
14-11-2007, 15:12
easy as long as u dont have an accident! i thought about this after as my valver is off the road for a tubby conversion and got offered a black valver same as mine but its fraud if u get caught! :?

northy
14-11-2007, 15:26
dont forget if they are kean all it takes is the chassis number to screw u up.

AndyFielder
14-11-2007, 15:36
nick hill was telling of a guy who had 4williams and only one set of plates.

Andy

white16valver
14-11-2007, 15:42
It's possible - as long as the plated car was insured and fully legit, and you made sure you had the tax disk in the window as well as the plates, technically speaking the only way they'd be able to tell is to check the chassis numbers, which I would say is unlikely to happen unless you've been misbehaving or you get a random stop-check.

So yes, it's possible, but as Northy says, you'd get a rather big slap on the wrists if you were caught... lol

simonr85
14-11-2007, 15:45
cool like the sound of 4 williams and 1 plate!!!

i will not be doing this anyway but i least i know incase i ever get another williams

Clio-Girl
14-11-2007, 16:32
my other half did it when he bought another rs turbo that looked exactly the same but we only had to travel about 20 miles and just drove sensibly

dan-hipgrave
14-11-2007, 17:58
If i have to pay 2 insurance premiums, 2 MOT bills and 2 road taxes then so should everybody else :roll:

number1
14-11-2007, 19:30
if the Sods law gets it's own way you would get F****D over by the police for this, identity theft n all that, but if your lucky u might get away with it, tbh tho if the other williams is taxed and mot'd and you want to get it home, insure it for a day.

I once drove for 2 months without tax, because i was driving a car which didnt stand out. if i drove my Valver on the day the tax expired id get pulled straight away, 16v's and willys tend to stick out to the boys in blue because of the bonnet buldge which they all think is a modification

Dave

PC-PLOD
14-11-2007, 21:46
Take it from me if one of the cars is tax ed mot d and insured the only way you will get caught is if you have a major accident and the insurance company get involved, it,s illegel and you always run the risk of accident
after all the cars are identical except for the vin number and not many if any police forces will check for a vin number on a road legal vehical ours certainly dont unless as i,ve stated before you are involved in a major shunt i.e someone hurt

Matty86
14-11-2007, 22:44
I thought about doing this on my 2 449 1992 16vs :p

Never had my chassis number checked in the many times ive been stopped either