PDA

View Full Version : Custom Supersprint manifold

Hulio
13-11-2007, 02:00
Due to my cam belt snappage I am having to sell some bits to fund the repair.

I bought my supersprint from bass direct on this forum last year for £165 but to be honest it was a bit of a mess. The manifold was fine but the downpipe flexi joint was welded solid and caused untold problems when I had it fitted. It was also covered in exhaust paste. Sorry Bass but its true! I then had it modified by Zex exhausts in Cardiff who put in a nice bit of flexi pipe and cleaned the whole thing up a bit. The origional flexi joint is a known problem on these anyway and have also been known to squeak so I feel that my custom version is superior. The only problem is that there is no space to put the cat back in now for the m.o.t. and it was my intention to get it modified again to allow this or I was just going to stick my valver manifold and cat back on again for this. It cost me £90 to sort out the flexi joint so this manifold cost me £255 altogether.

The manifold works really well and gives a good increase in top end power without sacrificing low down torque and also sounds ace.

I will let it go for £175

I am based in west london and I will have it available when I receive payment i.e. take it off the car!

I could post but I would have to research cost.

Cheers.

Mr.AdamB
13-11-2007, 19:35
pics?

:roll:

Hulio
13-11-2007, 20:15
I will get some up tomorrow. I hate this whole getting dark early thing!

evouk
14-11-2007, 10:34
pics again please

midge
14-11-2007, 18:25
this belonged to me once, if you cant fit the cat back on does that mean it has to be used with your de-cat?

Hulio
14-11-2007, 23:02
Here, this pic should explain what is going on

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/jespurrier/CIMG6576.jpg

As you can see there is some exhaust paste around the lambda sensor area, this is was because I had a slight blow from when I was running it without the flexi joint. When I take the manifold off I will clean it up and have it welded properly or if anybody wants it for £150 then they can take care of this. Its not blowing now anyway and it would be fine for quite a while I expect anyway.

Top view

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/jespurrier/DSC02658.jpg