PDA

View Full Version : PETROL GAUGE

LEEDASH
12-11-2007, 19:54
A little problem with my petrol gauge,it's fussy about telling me the right amount of petrol in the tank,on minute it seems ok then it is'nt.
the warning light works ok ? any idea's surely if there was nothing wrong with the float in the tank then the light would'nt come on ?is there any connectors i should be looking at ?

mk1 clio
21-11-2007, 23:54
has did this in every mk1 clio i have owned, when you accelerate in the valver the needle goes from 1/4 full to showing empty then the light coming on, then returns to normal after a few minutes so it seems to be affected alot by petrol swishing about in the tank.

I just work out how many miles to £20 and work out how much I have left that way!

Allan
23-11-2007, 11:20
mine just reads full all the time :S

the needle doesnt drop its rather anoying, even when the car is off,

the light works though so im ok on knowing when to fill up, and keep my mile counter reset when i fill up

Jimbo5000
23-11-2007, 12:54
Clio fuel guages have never been accurate in my experience. According to my current car I can do 200 odd miles to 1/4 of a tank, but then only about another 80 on the remaining 3/4 :roll:

Smudger
23-11-2007, 14:26
Clio fuel guages have never been accurate in my experience. According to my current car I can do 200 odd miles to 1/4 of a tank, but then only about another 80 on the remaining 3/4 :roll:

similar to mine

probably down the the shape of the tank mate

LEEDASH
23-11-2007, 20:00
Well mine's still the same,been told to change the clocks,but it to much effort,i dont think the valver is to bad on petrol,some people slag it off

Coops
23-11-2007, 21:34
my fiesta does this n all, mm i have loads of fuel lets attack this next hill, cue half way up, wtf wheres all the juice gone? back down the other side, mm there it is!:lol: