PDA

View Full Version : £200 for a valver box!!

Lunner
11-11-2007, 19:34
HAHA.....someone obvously has no idea what they are worth lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250165969744&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:GB:1123

schakal
11-11-2007, 20:04
lol ,i can get jc5 s for 70
thats hardly a bargain even considering it works fine :roll:

Lunner
11-11-2007, 20:41
I offered him £50....was refused lol

Lunner
11-11-2007, 20:43
He's got the engine from the same car up for £500...thats expensive for a f7r let alone an f7p lol

Mick_RSC
12-11-2007, 18:34
He sold it for £200, so as of his advert market value for a valer box is £200. Supply and demand and simple economics.

He would have been pretty stupid to accept your offer.

Lunner
12-11-2007, 21:42
No, thats not market value, thats some one's idea of market value with no idea otherwise

Take for example a 1.2 clio 95 plate 150k miles, not worth much more than a few hundred quid....if someone manages to get £3k for it don't mean thats what its worth, its just what someone is stupid enough to pay for it

Mick_RSC
12-11-2007, 22:38
Definition of Market value available from from any economics text book or any google search

The price as determined dynamically by buyers and sellers in an open market.

or

The value of an asset based on current market prices.

or

The price at which buyers in the open marketplace are willing to pay for a product or service.

Market value is what the item actually sells for. This is the most recent advert selling a valver box, and therefore the best indicator of what market value is. You can argue all you want, but if people pay £200, then this is market value.

BRUN
12-11-2007, 22:41
im with Lunner, and i did A-Level Economics, one sale does not make it market value

and what a stupid argument anyway :roll:

MattyH16valver
12-11-2007, 22:41
:shock: :lol:

Mick_RSC
13-11-2007, 11:46
im with Lunner, and i did A-Level Economics, one sale does not make it market value

and what a stupid argument anyway :roll:

I did art at GCSE, but it doesnt make me qualifed to alter text book definitions of what defines a renaissance art piece.

If you sold your house to a homeless indian man and got 5p, does this have anything to do with market value? No. Just as selling a valver box for £25 quickly on a forum doesnt related to true market value. If you did A level economics you should have learnt that market value has a sub context defined by an unhurried sale, with no external circumstances that make the sale take place in an environment other than where the item or service is likely to attain a true reflection of its maximum value.

If you had a valver box for sale now would you sell it for £25 on a forum, or put it on ebay where we know they go for £200, as proved by this advert? Come on, this isnt rocket science.

Lunner
13-11-2007, 14:27
Are you the bloke selling the box by any chance

I'll bet you £50 that if i put the valver box i've got in my garage that cost me £20 i wouldn't get greater than or equal to £200 for it.....equally if i advertisaed it for £200 on here, full of people who know the TRUE value of parts i wouldn't sell it at £200.....might on cliosport....but only if i slapped a yozzasport sticker on it

Lunner
13-11-2007, 14:29
"If you sold your house to a homeless indian man and got 5p, does this have anything to do with market value? No."

You have just proved my point, only your example was selling something cheap rather than expensive......think you loose your arguement, purley on the bases that you are contradicting your orignal arguement and agreeing with me

Daz.
13-11-2007, 16:17
I once sold and empty Nintendo DS for £47

Idiotic buyers are the ones to blame not these cloud 9 sellers..

The box was a 99p starting bid :lol:

Mick_RSC
13-11-2007, 17:20
"If you sold your house to a homeless indian man and got 5p, does this have anything to do with market value? No."

You have just proved my point, only your example was selling something cheap rather than expensive......think you loose your arguement, purley on the bases that you are contradicting your orignal arguement and agreeing with me

Lose not loose
Basis not bases
Purely not purley

Good job we are discussing economics and not grammar.

FATBOY
13-11-2007, 18:19
Mick_RSC isnt who he says he is! IMHO looking back on old posts from another past member i can see striking similarities...

BRUN
13-11-2007, 19:19
we dont wanna argue the toss about economics FFS ! are you for real

Lunner
13-11-2007, 19:42

Lose not loose
Basis not bases
Purely not purley

Good job we are discussing economics and not grammar.

Pity you can only find faults with my grammar and not my argument, does that mean you admit I'm right?

BristolSam16v
13-11-2007, 21:45
Bit like that muppet who was trying to selling that valver engine for £1000 a while back lol

And surely market value has to take the average over a number of sales not just 1 :?

schakal
13-11-2007, 23:12
also depends on how much desperate is the buyer for a
gearbox tbh . i have seen a jb3 gone for 224quid a few months
back as well :shock:

kj16v
14-11-2007, 11:40
Mick_RS, or CMMotorspares, whatever your name is. Shut up.

Some grifter advertised a 'box for some pie-in-the-sky price, and some muppet bought it - simple. And no doubt the muppet will be kicking himself when he finds out how much they really are. Considering you could get an old one reccon'd for not much more money.

Way to piss everyone off on your 11th post :roll:

titcharoony
14-11-2007, 13:59
haha mick you're a chump. the 'grammar' you speak of, shouldn't that be spelling? moron; nothing like making and error yourself in correcting someone someone eh? oh, and yes you're quite right on supply and demand. But market value is determined by a type of average across a section, sample or entirety of a market. not one buyer. By your logic, if I sell my house at £150'000, when my estate agent has told me the market value stat shows it at £200'000, the market value is now set by the buyer of my house? Nah, it would just have been sold at under market value. Nick one mick!

titcharoony
14-11-2007, 14:05
and yes the 'and' instead of an 'an' is an in joke. didn't know if mick would get it. This reminds me of a vx220 forum i went on once, the whole forum went nuts over a guy not claiming to be who he said he was. classic.

Mick_RSC
14-11-2007, 14:08
Mick_RS, or CMMotorspares, whatever your name is. Shut up.

Some grifter advertised a 'box for some pie-in-the-sky price, and some muppet bought it - simple. And no doubt the muppet will be kicking himself when he finds out how much they really are. Considering you could get an old one reccon'd for not much more money.

Way to piss everyone off on your 11th post :roll:

Maybe the guy did some overtime to pay for the box instead of wasting hours on here talking about what tyres to use and which induction kit is best?

FATBOY
14-11-2007, 14:10
that'll do now lads! locked by me

summeh
14-11-2007, 16:43
if someone is willing to pay £200 for it then fair play to the guy who sold it for £200.

What would you rather get for a box you sell, £50 or £200? I know which figure I'd rather get!