PDA

View Full Version : Track inspired Suspension

Crowds
05-06-2005, 23:33
Hi i'm new here

I've come from the peugeot realms (pgac) So i know a little on the torsion bar side of things. now the question is what springs would u suggest. its just a track car so on the road comfort isnt required. I'm not sure what i should be looking at???

This is on a Clio 16v. its going to be running 15in Compo th's

Cheers Paul.

KingStromba
05-06-2005, 23:55
PM or speak to Mark Ritchspeed re springs, he makes custom ones to any spec i beleive.

summeh
06-06-2005, 01:40
yeah speak to mark he can get um made up to whatever ride height and poundage u want for about 110quid. think he's running 220lb springs. standard are 125lb.

KingStromba
06-06-2005, 09:29
Alot of people fit Williams front track to the Valvers to sort out the handling. For info on this speak to Winston or Dougal. I beleive Martin is considering this too, after owning a valver and a williams he is qualified to comment on the handling differences.

Mark_Ritchspeed
06-06-2005, 10:33
Yep a set of Willy springs to any spec is £115 delivered. Turnaround is between 2-3 weeks as they are custom made. Not sure if 16v springs are exactly the same as Willy springs, does anyone know? I think they are the same fitting, but not 100% sure.

For track use alone, I would recommend lowering between 10-15mm and a raised poundage to between 210-250lbs, depending on how hard-core you want it.

KingStromba
06-06-2005, 10:36
Whats the advantage of the extra popundage on your springs Mark? Obviously it makes less body roll at the front, does it have any other advantages?

Are there any disadvantages atall? Do you lose anything?

Do you notice any difference on the road during daily driving?

Purple
06-06-2005, 11:49
Can they make progressive coils for the Williams? Something like standard rates at the top and 30% harder for the bottom turns.

MatBrown
06-06-2005, 12:09
Yep a set of Willy springs to any spec is £115 delivered. Turnaround is between 2-3 weeks as they are custom made. Not sure if 16v springs are exactly the same as Willy springs, does anyone know? I think they are the same fitting, but not 100% sure.

16v springs are identical to Williams ones.

Mat.

Mark_Ritchspeed
06-06-2005, 13:16
Whats the advantage of the extra popundage on your springs Mark? Obviously it makes less body roll at the front, does it have any other advantages?

Are there any disadvantages atall? Do you lose anything?

Do you notice any difference on the road during daily driving?

Advantages are much less body roll and more instant bite into corners. Better on the bodywork, as even with 205 section tyres they dont rub. Slow corner understeer is virtually gone.

Disadvantages are mostly a loss of traction on bumpy and slippery surfaces and bone jarring ride. Traction loss isnt huge, but it is there.

Mark_Ritchspeed
06-06-2005, 13:19
Can they make progressive coils for the Williams? Something like standard rates at the top and 30% harder for the bottom turns.

Progressive coils are overrated and overpriced IMO. I prefer a set poundage on the length of the spring.

Martin
06-06-2005, 16:32
Alot of people fit Williams front track to the Valvers to sort out the handling. For info on this speak to Winston or Dougal. I beleive Martin is considering this too, after owning a valver and a williams he is qualified to comment on the handling differences.

Yep I aquired williams coilovers and will be getting the other willy tracks bits very soon....imo williams track is a VERY worthwhile mod. The difference between my car 16v shocks and lowering springs and a coilovered/custom springed williams is as big as the grand canyon! lol

KingStromba
06-06-2005, 16:38
Martin, how much where your coilovers?

Crowds
07-06-2005, 12:49
sounds good, tbh its not worth getting the williams suspension set up. the clio's a bit of a dog its not worth the hassle lol. its getting some compo th's very striped and with some luck i'll order some springs asap of u mark!

Crowds.

northy
09-06-2005, 17:20
hello and welcome mate..... :D