PDA

View Full Version : I know we all say it.. but i love my Williams!

drsmith1979
09-11-2007, 22:32
I know a lot of people say it, but its so true! and its only exacerbated by being away and coming home to it....

I've been working away in the USA and got home this morning after a grueling travel schedule ( eased by being in first class 8) ) and got the Williams out of storage (The car was treated with an additive to stop the fuel from coagulating and fouling the tank/injectors before i left) The car has been started on a weekly basis and so the battery was nicely charged and it simply purred into action!

took it out for a spin, treated it to some V-power.... I have been driving some awesome cars in the USA, corvettes, srt 8's, srt 10's all with moster power, hemi's etc.. but the Clio outshines them all for sheer fun factor! i couldnt stop smiling!

i love my car!!! haha well.... so long as its working :shock:

MattyH16valver
10-11-2007, 00:02
Good man...can't beat em. Like the sound of some Hemi action though! :lol:

drsmith1979
10-11-2007, 00:12
hemis have the best induction roar i have ever ever heard! simply awesome! but the whole 8mpg may be a bit costly as a trade off haha

white16valver
10-11-2007, 02:34
I have a love-hate relationship with mine.

At the moment I'm hating it lol

Daz.
10-11-2007, 08:57
Just thinking this only yesterday for all its faults it never fails to entertain me.. I simply feel I'm in a special car...

MatrixGuy
10-11-2007, 16:22
I have a love-hate relationship with mine.

At the moment I'm hating it lol

lol, same goes here aswell.

MatrixGuy
10-11-2007, 16:24
People who dont know the car just ask why you driving such an old french car, i just cant begin to tell them how good the car is to drive and how special it is!

2 live
10-11-2007, 16:35
these cars are more than well documented as fantastic drivers cars. but u need to actually drive em to find this out. lets face it, they arent exactly anything special to look at, but once moving :D

Coops
10-11-2007, 22:18
i beg to differ for a 13 year old hatch i think they still look damn good! alot better than all modern EU restricted style cars by far :wink:

oh and love hate all the way, love it when it moves but hate the fact that i spend alot of time n cash gettin it moving!lmao

Daz.
10-11-2007, 22:39
I think mk1's look awesome - prefer the look of my car to an awful lot on the road....

I ready yesterday that it would take 51 new zetec fiestas to produce the same emissions as a 1.0l mk1 fiesta....

They'll start pricing older cars off the road eventually so get one while you still can!

2 live
10-11-2007, 23:30
lol.i meant the williams isnt anything special to look at. unlike say the valver compared to a 1.4 etc. the williams should have taken things a step further than the valver imo.

stick a set of willy rims on a valver....bingo...they look the same. nowt special in the willy really to look at.its wen its driven it becomes special.

drsmith1979
10-11-2007, 23:35
haha.... coooooool

but in all honesty, where can you get the same thrill, drivability, power and performance, and still look classy after all these years for so little money?

In all honesty, i bought mine with the intention to track slag it as a replacement for my 172 cup and my Evo as my everyday car..... I just love it too much!

Circumstances changed and im now heavily invested in the USA so i sold my Evo to help fun it and sold the cup.. i was in a hire car for a while but got fed up with the £550 per month or so cost of it!! dead money! albeit a very nice and functional car. then i bought a williams for a great price and have never looked back, its my only car at the mo and im fine with that and love it! Where i live its all Aston Martins, Ferraris, Alfa's, Porsche, M's etc.... so its great to have a little pocket rocket hand them there ass every now and again for the same price as one of their wheels hehe 8)

Wobba
10-11-2007, 23:49
For the price, there are very few vehicles with the same ability. I think it still looks a pert and purposeful car, as do the 16v's as well.

I was very surprised, I mentioned the car to some foreign friends a while back and they mostly knew what I was on about, especially the French guys. It's a well known legend over there still!

There is that coolness as well. People who really know about performance cars will know what that little blue/gold blur was they just caught out the corner of their eye, and be impressed. The ignorant will not. Their loss.

ae
11-11-2007, 00:28
I smiled every time i got behind the wheel. I miss mine :cry:

Andrew