PDA

View Full Version : Discount For Members - Need Info From Members

BRUN
02-11-2007, 19:45
I have discussed with my manager and assistant manager at work about giving club members discount, this would be at the Arnold Clark Renault, St Helens Dealership

an account is going to be set up to give members discount on any parts, and the discounts will range from 5-20% depending on the item in question

it is possible that certain items may attract a better discount, but this is still in negotiation

i need info from everyone who is likely to use this, on what products they purchase and what they are currently paying for them, its possible that i can discuss this with my manager and beat what people are currently paying, by way of an increased discount on certain parts

for example, oil filters, what does everyone pay for them currently, obviously we have genuine ones in stock, but we also have some cheaper none genuine ones

e.g. a genuine oil filter for a valver/willy usually retails at about £7.50 inc VAT

do people buy spark plugs from the dealer ?....what about oil ? air filters etc etc

i will forward all responses to my managers and see what we can come up with

MAXIBOY
02-11-2007, 20:46
this sounds like a great idea. pity your miles from me.. good luck though

MattyH16valver
02-11-2007, 20:58
Great Stuff! 8)

2 live
02-11-2007, 22:11
coolant

rear calipers

handbrake cables, acc/clutch cables

discs pads f&r

driveshafts

gearboxes....il take 2 ;)

oil filters i get for £3.50 rear calipers £45

drsmith1979
02-11-2007, 22:22
eye calipers and all brake set up,
rear discs with bearings pressed in,
accellerator cables,
general service items,

BRUN
02-11-2007, 23:17
right, from speaking with 2live i dont think its worthwhile doing anything special on service bits, discount will apply to those anyway so you wont be paying retail

i think the best idea is to see if i can do special prices on some of the items that are dealer only, or basically where the genuine item is far superior to any pattern parts

engine/box mounts, clutch and accelerator cables are some definites ill put to my manager, i know these go and i know people buy genuine with these

possibly even refurb gearboxes but im not sure what we could do on this and whether it would be worthwhile

DanClio
03-11-2007, 11:00
Id say yeah all the parts where you go into GSF and they say "renault only" :lol: e.g. wishbones, oil pumps, foglights... all that kind of stuff.

Would also be good get a discount on service items, like cambelt kits, water pumps, clutches (inc. megane one) :wink: etc etc.

Dan

Daz.
03-11-2007, 12:12
Discount on fooking rubber seals - they'll be the death of me!

Lunner
03-11-2007, 12:21
Id say yeah all the parts where you go into GSF and they say "renault only" :lol: e.g. wishbones, oil pumps, foglights... all that kind of stuff.

Would also be good get a discount on service items, like cambelt kits, water pumps, clutches (inc. megane one) :wink: etc etc.

Dan

Sp really we're only looking at seals, throttle cables, oil pumps, can't think of anything else thats renault only, obviously the williams specific bits will usually be renault only.

Problem is Brun, how many people are within a few miles of St. Helens.......or are you gonna start doing mail order renault parts?

BRUN
03-11-2007, 15:10
not mail order to start with, but its a possibility yes, and it has been mentioned

drsmith1979
03-11-2007, 20:00
me, Northy, Gaztwo, Gunner isnt too far.... im sure there are loads in the north west area?

northy
03-11-2007, 21:13
front and rear disks mate.

Tommo
06-11-2007, 13:56
Brun

I live not too far from St Helens and I need a Williams phase 1 boot strip which I could possibly come and pick up on Friday, any ideas on a price mate?

BRUN
06-11-2007, 19:09
if anyone needs any prices, then give me a call at work on 01744 454330 my name is Martyn

if your too busy to call then text me, i cant answer my mobile in work but should be able to check texts every so often, 07764 741467

BRUN
06-11-2007, 19:14
spoke to my manager today and he is happy to go ahead with giving members discount, a select few items may attract special discounts but i need to go through that with him when he isnt too busy

probably be about 3 or 4 products i hope that i can do at better than normal trade rates but obviously i need to run this by him

so for now, if you need any parts, call in, mention your a member, and we can help you out

BRUN
07-11-2007, 19:31
i have posted a thread in the members forum with prices, if anyone wants a price on anything in particular, ring me on 01744 454330, my name is Martyn

northy i have priced up discs and pads for you, tommo if you want the boot strip you need to get in touch mate so i can order it for you

northy
07-11-2007, 19:37
good lad brun - did they have those exact pads ?

BRUN
07-11-2007, 19:40
it was an old, old number mate lol, we had to use the mac to get it up, the latest dialogys doesnt even recognise that number and neither did the ordering system :)

wavy
07-11-2007, 19:47
ring me on 01744 454330, my name is Martyn

i might ring this week mate for headlight indicator and a spot light
its 35miles 1 way so may not be worth it ?
i will ring for a price tho :)

cheers for setting the discount up mate every little helps :)

BRUN
07-11-2007, 19:50
you never know mate, how much will you spend in petrol, about £7/£8 ?

if i can save you anymore than that it might be worth it

need to know exactly on headlights if thats what you want, as to whether yours has the level dial inside the car, as they are different headlights with or without that, indicators wont be a problem

northy
07-11-2007, 19:50
it was an old, old number mate lol, we had to use the mac to get it up, the latest dialogys doesnt even recognise that number and neither did the ordering system :)

pants - was the original brake pads for the clio cup....might have to contact ferodo direct with the part number...cheers brun

BRUN
08-11-2007, 00:42
well that number you gave me, has been replaced by the part number which is for the normal pads for the Clio 16v/Willy so maybe they were no different

MAXIBOY
08-11-2007, 03:04
well that number you gave me, has been replaced by the part number which is for the normal pads for the Clio 16v/Willy so maybe they were no different

thing is they change the number when parts are no longer made but will do.
there used to be a load of numbers for different capacity oil pumps with the willy one being better than the others. now there is only one pump available which has a different number to the originals. so i,m not sure if they were all upgraded to the willy pump or downgraded to the other pumps.
also loads of parts from the rally cars are no longer made. :(