PDA

View Full Version : Back 2 The Old School Meet

BRUN
30-10-2007, 00:10
8)

not sure what the score is lately with meets as ive not been to one for sometime now with work etc, but now im working @ Renault ive got every Sunday off and finish early if i work a Saturday

anyway, i wanna organise a meet and get all the old clan together again for a day for a chat, such as 2live, northy, dannyt, winston etc etc and some CS peeps i made friends with like R3OBC and Maz etc

what does everyone think, do we still have meets ?........do the old timers still go to meets, or would do as a one off

northy
30-10-2007, 08:46
Probally best to do the xmas run with us now brun...u only have a month to wait.

2 live
30-10-2007, 19:32
do we still have meets. in a word......no

unless its on a trackday. seems most williams owners only let their cars rot in garages while they use other cars/clios for trackwork. and summat else for daily drivers.

the probability of more than 3 cars out of the 10 turning up to the meet being clios is pretty slim.

whats the point of having a meet when no1 drives their cars on the road?? much better to do it at a trackday where you will actually see a clio being driven

apparently. :roll:

2 live
30-10-2007, 19:34
grrrrr @ edit.

we still have an old skool meet evry year tho, usually me, adi, kel, paddy and some of the newer lot like jesus, northy etc.

no cars involved tho, just copious vodka and laughs.

northy
30-10-2007, 22:35
:-({|=

wavy
31-10-2007, 00:12
IM ALL WAYS UP FOR A MEET sorry caps
my problem is finding my way there :lol:
^^ mines a daily drive :wink:

2 live
31-10-2007, 10:29
one of the few.

good man.

tis a shame to see such a fantastic drivers car becomin a parked car never moving ;)

VIPERONE
31-10-2007, 14:33
least me u and jesus still meet for a chin wag / drive..

good to see you today old boy.... hope the vx amused you. I had to shut my eyes at one stage. lol

2 live
31-10-2007, 16:09
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26678

aye..always good to catch up mate. VX was def enjoyable. would be even more so after a few more hours behind the wheel i reckon ;)

simonr85
31-10-2007, 16:25
i think us north westers should have a meet as thats where the best williams are from :lol:

wavy
01-11-2007, 15:07
least me u and jesus still meet for a chin wag / drive..

good to see you today old boy.... hope the vx amused you. I had to shut my eyes at one stage. lol

gimmi a shout some time :)

BRUN
26-11-2007, 00:23
will have to get something organised it seems, glad a lot of you are still up for a meet

2 live
26-11-2007, 02:03
im sure we could tempt most of the old skool back to the jjb..wotever theyre driving now lol.

has paddy still got his ax?? pmsl

Daz.
26-11-2007, 02:21
Whats the point of having a meet when no1 drives their cars on the road??

Ahem :wink:

Since I had the arches done I don't feel as ghey as I did - cars still nowhere near how I want it but I don't wear a bag on my head when i'm driving anymore...

northy
26-11-2007, 08:44
i went on the cs peaks run last week

Im up for anything brun - might be best to do it in a few weeks after the initial rush has died down

2 live
26-11-2007, 10:17
bet the xantia loved that lol.

northy
26-11-2007, 10:31
:lol:

kj16v
26-11-2007, 14:07
My turbo's a daily driver! - when it's not in the garage. It's even got ... A FULL INTERIOR!!! [gasp, shock, full interior in a Clio? Whatever next??].
I'm up for a meet unless you're talking way up in the cold part of England where people talk funny :P

Zollo
27-11-2007, 17:19
Somebody's got his fingers burnt by track days!

BRUN
27-11-2007, 18:41
would be a jjb meet for old times sake, an sort others after that but would just be nice to get everyone back together again like we used to

Daz. nobody is 100% happy with there car, always something needs doin on em, my paintwork looks mostly mint, but the front bumper and bonnet are completely shot with stone chips, and rust is starting to come on my arches again grrr

2 live
27-11-2007, 20:48
Somebody's got his fingers burnt by track days!

?????

jjb sounds good to me mate. i wouldnt expect many other clios tho. maybe 1 other williams.

as said countless times before. unless its atrackday, the majority arent interested. which is a shame really, as this club was built on the closeness of its members, which has unfortunately long gone now.

unless theres money to be made, or times/pics t o brag about, seems theres no interest
from most

whens the meet mate.?? even if theres only 3 of us.

northy
27-11-2007, 21:59
just before xmas mate, peaks run and the usual meal we do.

wavy
28-11-2007, 00:54
just before xmas mate, peaks run and the usual meal we do.

i must of missed this
is there a date set ?

northy
28-11-2007, 08:47
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=272827

2 live
28-11-2007, 10:19
so its not an old skool meet...or even a williams clio meet ??

:roll:

northy
28-11-2007, 10:21
this is the next meet im doing, thats what hooligan asked heheee

Old school meet - when ever mate. u name a date and sort a time. we will be there!

J o n
28-11-2007, 10:23
sounds good... I'll bring the Rover lol

2 live
28-11-2007, 10:34
mite as well mate...only the few will be in clios...thats if northy sticks to normal form n comes in a shed ;) be it skoda or xantia. cant remember last time i saw him behind the wheel of a williams. think it was 2005 peaks run.

and northy.........btw. dave didnt ask...i did. but i was asking about this clubs meet.not cliosports. :roll:

dave asked if a date had been set..which it hasnt.

northy
28-11-2007, 10:58
lol Ooooo 2live you forget so easily.

Ive done 3 meets since the last one u came on which was febuary 2007 buddy. U will remember it was snowing and i was in my williams 3 as u got pulled outside muscret mannor...we then had a few doo's and u complained about waynes engine.

So in your face old man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes i have a xantia, its never been on a meet but its used to tow my race car - the skoda did once when NLRG didnt have a exhaust manifold as i couldnt get the new on to fit or the oldf one back on as u will remember helping me try to fit for FCS the next weekend which was back in 2004. U need to update those records u have pal :P

2 live
28-11-2007, 11:23
hehe...ok .so iv seen u once since 05 in your williams ;)

the skoda only came on one meet??? think u need to update ur records..was a standing joke for about 2 years ;)

and as for the meets..3 meets since feb.....have these been wc meets or cs meets that youv tagged on to??

btw.iv done quite a few meets since feb ;)

2 live
28-11-2007, 11:27
had a mini meet with a dutch willy in rotterdam, and another at spa. have also done a few local meets, with the hardcore members, and also off renaultsport forum playing with r26 r27s and a diesel :shock: meg. not forgetting bejesus' 172

northy
28-11-2007, 12:13
cliosport ones mate.

BRUN
28-11-2007, 13:12
which is best, a Sat or Sun ?

northy
28-11-2007, 13:13
SUN

Martin
28-11-2007, 16:36
[quote="2 live"]
as said countless times before. unless its atrackday, the majority arent interested. which is a shame really, as this club was built on the closeness of its members, which has unfortunately long gone now.

[quote]

Gotta agree, we used to have some amazing meets back in the day....some I was still buzzing about for days after. It's a good thing that people do their 'racing' on track now but I think it has reallyh affected the local meets.....how many people did we used to get for the JJB meets or a visit to York.... an easy 8-9 plus the cs lot..... now we have'nt even got enough interest to summon a williamsclio n/w meet at all.....

BRUN
28-11-2007, 18:46
whats DannyT upto these days ?

northy
28-11-2007, 18:52
sold his car and i dont have his mobile number as he has changed it

2 live
28-11-2007, 20:42
[quote="2 live"]

[quote]

Gotta agree, we used to have some amazing meets back in the day....some I was still buzzing about for days after. It's a good thing that people do their 'racing' on track now but I think it has reallyh affected the local meets.....how many people did we used to get for the JJB meets or a visit to York.... an easy 8-9 plus the cs lot..... now we have'nt even got enough interest to summon a williamsclio n/w meet at all.....

hehe..some i still buzz about now wen i cast me mind back. lol.

as said tho, we used to have loads turn up to the meets, and that was just the 'turn up at jjb and stand around for a few hours' meets, let alone the 'run' meets as well.

and it wasnt just clios either, i remember the days of wasting r32s etc on our meets, hehe.

BRUN
28-11-2007, 22:25
yup, all we used to do was stand around in the cold talking about which bits had broke on our cars and what we had recently bought lol