PDA

View Full Version : pissed right off

kendo
04-06-2005, 20:35
Hi, My run of shitty luck with my car continues, first I need new rear discs/pads for my 95 willy 3 which has been a ****ing nightmare pads no problem the discs are a different story, being a mean scotsman I refuse to pay renault prices have been to gsf, euro car parts, partco, rally design, none of them can supply the correct discs for willy 3 IT NEEDS TO HAVE THE ABS RELUCTOR RING which comes in two sizes!? Good old frogs, why make one disc when you can make two for the same model not knowing which size you require till you strip the rear discs, just to really piss me off I now have a loud droaning sound which only dissapears when I turn left any ideas anyone? cause im well scunnered just now ,rant over thanks for being there.
:?

KingStromba
04-06-2005, 20:48
Where is the noise from?

kendo
04-06-2005, 20:53
I dont know mate, i was thinkin bearing just guessing though, will take wheels off tmrw and see if I can see anythin rubbing or not working right .

Mark_Ritchspeed
04-06-2005, 23:51
Sounds like a left hand side wheel bearing. Does it get worse when your turning right?

kendo
05-06-2005, 10:56
The noise is a constant droaning pretty much the same when turning right as it is when going straight but disssapears when turning left had a wheel bearing go south on me before and it was a different sound a kind of cracking intermittent crunching if a wheel bearings worn will it make a droaning noise?

Purple
05-06-2005, 11:10
Does it disapper when running faster speeds? Might be one of the brake pads rubbing.

neme
05-06-2005, 12:01
sounds like the same story as mine mate and i need a wheel bearing . passenger front one , it dissapears when turning left but drones going straight and right .

steve.

KingStromba
05-06-2005, 13:25
I had a grinding / sreaching noise on left turns that was a caliper sticking.

Allan
05-06-2005, 14:23
yeah i had the same noise from mine changed out the bearing and it was all sorted!

summy now has the same on his and will be changing his to sort it :)

i got my bearings back off the press and they wernt cracked or anything hence no crunching, it was just that they had got a bit rusted, guess the seals has died :(
so they were fine no play in them just made a lot of noise