PDA

View Full Version : smoking engine?

kundi13
22-10-2007, 16:54
i recently had a minor accident i hit someone from the back but my clio mk1 phase1 got damaged esp the bonnet and the other car was fine clios have such a weak body. anyways when i hit it a lot of smoke came out, now everytime i drive after 15mins of driving i see smoke coming from the bonnet. can anyone tell me what it could be? radiator looks fine cos the body frame managed to stop that from being damanged. i also have a small engine oil leak aswell im not sure if that could be the problem aswell. but after the accident its begining to smoke alot and also non of my engine oil sensors seem to be working because i have engine oil leak i wouldve thought the engine light to appear but it never does.

Matty86
22-10-2007, 17:01
could've hit the filter?

if you have leaking oil on a hot engine, that could cause the smoke too

titcharoony
22-10-2007, 18:25
check all ur pipework mate, spesh oil ones. make sure non are split. might be a pool of oil collected sumwhere obscure in ur engine bay and when u hit a bump or go round a corner its running over ur engine. if ur still struggling id reccomend a good (but safe) jet wash, just make sure u de gunk it and cover everything up. I had a similar scenario on my old car, a bit of oil was shooting from a loose dipstick. but a jetwash cleared the remainder

2 live
22-10-2007, 18:30
does the oil light come on with the ignition?

Wobba
22-10-2007, 23:07
what does the smoke smell of? different fluids have different smells.

kundi13
23-10-2007, 00:16
it smells of engine oil . i get strong smell coming from the inside radi heater. there jus engine oil everywhere. oil filter is fine replaced a new one sealed it well aswell. how did you change the dipstick ? theres alot of engine oil on the sump and its dripping down on the right hand side.

ive kept a small fire extinguisher underneath my seat just incase the car goes on fire.

kundi13
23-10-2007, 00:17
it smells of engine oil . i get strong smell coming from the inside radi heater. there jus engine oil everywhere. oil filter is fine replaced a new one sealed it well aswell. how did you change the dipstick ? theres alot of engine oil on the sump and its dripping down on the right hand side.

ive kept a small fire extinguisher underneath my seat just incase the car goes on fire.

kundi13
23-10-2007, 00:18
the oil light does come on with the ignition so does the coolant light.