PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 - Lewis Hamilton - Suspicious

Wobba
21-10-2007, 17:18
Currently watched the start of the years last GP, and I know, as is usual for British sportsmen, he wont win the championship.

I think media moguls (Bernie Ecclestone) dont want him to win as he provides better revenue as the 'cheeky rookie' rather than just coming here and winning the F1 championship and staying there for years.

I dont think he will finish. After the last sham where he didnt pit for ages I have a feeling it is all fixed.

Of course, I hope to be prioved wrong...we shall see in an hour!

2 live
21-10-2007, 17:36
hmmmmm other racers gettin told to move over and let him through..sounds a bit suss to me when they fighting for position.

Justin..
21-10-2007, 17:39
time will tell. it all comes out in the end wether its meant to be or not

Wobba
21-10-2007, 18:32
its fixed.

Lunner
21-10-2007, 18:35
If it is fixed, thats the way to fix it lol, lost by 1 point

richy
21-10-2007, 18:46
ohwell we lose yet again, at least alonso came 3rd in the championship!

rob-legend
21-10-2007, 18:51
get in! cya later hamilton

kenny
21-10-2007, 19:08
Here's a prediction, by the end of 2011 when England have won the next rugby world cup, Hamilton will have won the F1 world championship twice. :wink:

richy
21-10-2007, 19:10
i see you havent included the england football team! as they wont ever win the way they play lol

FATBOY
21-10-2007, 19:12

why the anti-british comment? dont understand :?

kenny
21-10-2007, 19:12
22 faggots chasing a pigs bladder about don't count :x

2 live
21-10-2007, 19:15

anti british....or anti black??

personally im glad he didnt win also.

Wobba
21-10-2007, 19:16
Hamilton deserved to win in my opinion. He EASILY provided me and a lot of people with some incredible viewing/entertainment. If he hadn't been there I would probably have only watched a few races when I could be bothered.

Wasn't really impressed with Kimi, amazed he managed to win...I dont like him as a driver, he just seem devoid of emotion or anything of interest. Don't think he deserved it.

Of course, as Bernie Ecclestone predicted (coincidence?) Kimi won, thus leaving the battle of the rookie to start all over again next year (thus bringing more viewers and money to the sport and the billionaires who run it).

Personally I think the men behind the scenes hacked the encrytion on Hamiltons car, sent a command to the ECU and screwed the gearbox control for 30 seconds, (or Mercedes themselves did it) in a conspiracy with other teams and media bosses to engineer a way of creating more publicity for F1...but then again I am paranoid and think we all live in a bubble as an alien experiment.

I also think the last race was deliberately botched. Everyone could see what was going to happen to Hamilton that race on those tyres...except for the people they pay MILLIONS too to work out stuff like that.

As for some of you(?) not wanting Hamilton to win today...well, I for one wanted to see history made today by a Brit...somethign to make up for the loss of Colin McRae and Richard Burns.

Daz.
21-10-2007, 19:18
Justice is done 8)

Mr.AdamB
21-10-2007, 19:21
still 2nd in the championship in his rookie season seperated by 1 point!!! it still an acheivment in my eyes!!! will be a f**king good season nxt year :)

number1
21-10-2007, 19:33
Personally, i think it was set up...

Next Season im sure hamilton will do well again!

Id be pretty happy with 2nd if it was my first year of F1 but fortunatley top gear are paying me enough to be the stig to keep me happy..... :lol:

matty w
21-10-2007, 19:35

anti british....or anti black??

personally im glad he didnt win also.

why wouldnt you want to see a british driver with such talent as hamilton win the title?

2 live
21-10-2007, 19:39
As for some of you(?) not wanting Hamilton to win today...well, I for one wanted to see history made today by a Brit...somethign to make up for the loss of Colin McRae and Richard Burns.

sorry. but the loss of 2 of the best complete drivers in the world , wont be made up by an over hyped good driver in a car thats been a big cut above the rest imo.

cant deny that the lad can drive, but i think pretty much anyone with the backing hes recieved for the amount of time he has should be able to drive pretty well too.

Wobba
21-10-2007, 19:41
Well, like it or not. Hamilton is here to stay, and Ill put money on him next year to win the title.

kenny
21-10-2007, 19:44
Not sure there's any mileage in the fixed race scenario, but I'm with wobba, I would have liked Hamilton to have made history and belong to a club of one, 1st rookie, that could never have been bettered only matched. I hope he smashes every record going, especially shoemakers.

matty w
21-10-2007, 19:49

sorry. but the loss of 2 of the best complete drivers in the world , wont be made up by an over hyped good driver in a car thats been a big cut above the rest imo.

cant deny that the lad can drive, but i think pretty much anyone with the backing hes recieved for the amount of time he has should be able to drive pretty well too.
nothing is going to bring back mcrae an burns which is a terrible shame but it has no relevance on hamilton who has come into a top sport and showed up drivers who've been driving f1 cars for 10 years

evouk
21-10-2007, 20:00
I predicted this would happen when i found out it was all down to the last race. I was trying to explain to some mates that in f1 the engineers can basically re program the cars elctronics from the pit lane. So easy to get the car to run poorly and lower the performabce at the press of a button.

I believe this was FIXED for sure, funny its never happened before and weird it fixed itself after 30 secs.........................

2 live
21-10-2007, 20:03
lol.wasnt me that brought it up mate.

hes shown up drivers that have been there 10 years...yes.but give them the same car as him and i think theyd be showing him the way round.

2 live
21-10-2007, 20:05
put in some of the drivers from 10 years ago, and i think hed def be getting shown the way round.

matty w
21-10-2007, 20:45
put in some of the drivers from 10 years ago, and i think hed def be getting shown the way round.

if they were so good wouldnt they be driving for mclaren and hamilton at redbull or honda?

Wobba
21-10-2007, 20:46

I think drivers from 10 years ago would have some catching up to do frankly. This argument is purely one of opinion and is impossible to prove either way, though it does make for an amusing argument over a pint down the local with the lads.

What it has made me realise though is this: F1 has been getting stale lately, but this season has been actually a bit of a throwback to how it used to be. I cant remember a title being this close since the days of Mansell, Prost, Senna and Piquet etc, which imho were the greatest days of Formula 1 I have ever seen (although a few Damon Hill races were also amazing too). There has been some real hate and distrust this season with Alonso and Hamilton. It's like a soap opera for men!

As for mentioning Hamilton in the same breath as McRae and Burns...the UK needs a hero. Hamilton is a good one. He may not be tried and tested in the heat of a thousand F1's, like McRae and Burns were in rally driving, but he hasn’t just turned up to the front door of F1 without a bloody successful motorsport career behind him already! He destroyed the competition to get here, including Piquet-Jr.

I think the future is bright for F1 with Hamilton and others like Kubica...as long as stop fixing the results.

FATBOY
21-10-2007, 20:46
i can see this debate rumbling on for a while

2 live
21-10-2007, 21:09
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OrpYIq0NbFM&mode=related&search=

2 live
21-10-2007, 21:14
would be good to compare lap times from 10 years ago to now tbh. altho its not just the drivers ability that would cause any time diff as the cars are so diff spec wise. but then todays cars will be a lot easier to drive than those of 10 years ago.....i mean as has already been said on here, the team in the pitlane can virtually drive the car, just need someone sat in it to steer.

2 live
21-10-2007, 21:22

if they were so good wouldnt they be driving for mclaren and hamilton at redbull or honda?

that would depend on a lot of things tbh mate. take the button saga for example. but then you could also argue that if lewis was that good hed be world champ. hes in the better car after all. 2nd place is 1st loser

havent really followed f1 for a good while now, the likes of mansell , senna etc being , for me, the last of the great f1 drivers. hamilton is an up and coming great talent, and definately a future champion. but then who knows what youngsters are coming through the other teams. could be an interesting season next year.

richy
21-10-2007, 21:28
the thing with hamilton for me is that he has just finished his first season in F1 and has been beating alonso most of the season who as we know is a 2-time world champion who has alot more experience then hamilton, no doubt hamilton has made mistakes and proberly will do next season but to finish 2nd and led most of the season shows he must be a good driver, otherwise wouldnt the likes of alonso and kimi been miles ahead most of the season?>

Wobba
21-10-2007, 21:32
The argument of who would win a race now if all cars were equal is a subjective one.

I do agree that Hamilton is an excellent driver. I was expecting another lad to turn up and plod along, the odd taster of a podium here and there...but nothing like the driving I saw in almost every race. It was like a breath of fresh air. And what made it even better? He is a Brit.

Us British have been oft criticised for our lack of support and negativity toward some of our sporting talent. It's a shame I think :?

I grew up with Senna and Mansell etc, and carried on watching with Damon Hill and Shoemaker. I lost interest when F1 went through a bit of a lame phase with computers seemingly controlling everything. I hope this is a sign things are changing though.

Just saw this rather moving piece on u-tube. I've never thought of schumacher as very emotional...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EOQjYCwgLdE&mode=related&search=

2 live
21-10-2007, 21:34
again thats open to debate. but my personal feelings are that hamilton has had the better machinery this season, the better team backing etc.

the raris didnt seem to start getting things right til 1/2 way through the season.

cliopete
21-10-2007, 22:47
Has nobody heard the latest news? both BMWs may be disqualified which will make Hamilton champion after all. So much for conspiracy theories. :twisted:
We all know that we could have won the world championship if only we had the opportunity/money/sponsorship etc. etc. etc. :) :) :)

Daz.
21-10-2007, 23:14
Has nobody heard the latest news? both BMWs may be disqualified which will make Hamilton champion after all. So much for conspiracy theories. :twisted:
We all know that we could have won the world championship if only we had the opportunity/money/sponsorship etc. etc. etc. :) :) :)

Yeh I know - if he wins it by default and dumps a very deserved winner out cold it'll be one of the biggest disgraces in the history of F1

Kimi won it fair and square on the day and should be allowed to keep it - if Hamilton wins it confirms what I've said all along its been engineered all along for him to win.

Bollocks in my opinion all of it - I hop he chokes on his token championship

I like the guy I do but he doesn't deserve it this year and I reckon it'll do him good losing it this year.

Wobba
21-10-2007, 23:52
Omg the drama continues!

J o n
22-10-2007, 09:01
Kimi should stay as F1 champ, he deserves it more. He's won 6 races and back in the day wasn't it 10 poits for 1st and 6 instead of 8 for 2nd place? That would mean the driver that wins the most races will usually win... which imo is how it should be.

Good luck to Lewis for next season, he should win it seeing as this is the first time he's driven all the tracks pretty much

Wobba
22-10-2007, 09:12
Well, I cant wait for next year and thats saying something for F1 .

bluenose
22-10-2007, 09:30
It would have been nice to see a British champion but i have followed Alonso for a few years now and i hoped he would win. Kimi did deserve it in all fairness as he won the most races. All the hype and the media attention was aimed at McLaren which allowed him to be a bit of a dark horse which is quite unusual for a Ferrari team given the exposure they received through the Schumacher years.
As nice at would have been to have a British champion, the only reason i would have wanted him to win is simply 'because he's british'. I like Alonso, I like the way he drives and I think formula 1 is better with him in it as a character and a driver.
On a different note, did anyone see the Williams driver take out his pit crew?! In his first race aswell! Not the best way to introduce yourself to the watching millions!

Daz.
22-10-2007, 10:00
How hard can it be to stop in your pit bay :lol:

Even my nan could have done a better job and that really is saying something!

J o n
22-10-2007, 11:15
I was in stitches when he did that, they toppled like skittles! pmsl!

watching them all limp off was funny, I dont think anyone was seriously hurt, but what a ****ing tool that driver must feel, I mean locking the brakes in the pit lane? Have a word!

2 live
22-10-2007, 12:24
lol....poor lad. 1st gp, and the final one of the season. had to feel for him really. did look a bit suss tho that the injuries only started to show after the pitstop lol. nice claim there lol.

but him getting blue flagged earlier in the race to let hamilton pass him....that was very suss. fuk letting him past, your fighting for position. make him earn it.

J o n
22-10-2007, 13:06
but him getting blue flagged earlier in the race to let hamilton pass him....that was very suss. f*k letting him past, your fighting for position. make him earn it.

what, and give that moaning pasty faced Spaniard a chance of winning?

2 live
22-10-2007, 13:09
no..make the drivers earn their positions rather than have them gifted to them ;)

2 live
22-10-2007, 13:09
oh sorry....that wouldnt work...thats racing lol.

kenny
22-10-2007, 13:15
Go for it Jesus, what about that monotonous Finn, though I prefer him to the spaniard. I love this forum :lol:

bluenose
22-10-2007, 13:32
Oh Fernando, where is the love? :lol:

J o n
22-10-2007, 14:28
oh sorry....that wouldnt work...thats racing lol.

not been funny mate, but those people he was behind may as well be pedestrians, they aren't even competitive, so it's good sportmanship to let the (much) quicker car and driver through who has a chance of doing something. It's like trackdays, would you rather force your way past people in dare to be great (or dead) situations, or hope they see sense and let the quicker car through? lol

Go for it Jesus, what about that monotonous Finn, though I prefer him to the spaniard. I love this forum :lol:

I felt he deserved to win from the start, he won the most races and that's what it's about at the end of the day imo. Lewis was consistent and amazing for a rookie, but the guy that wins the most races should be the one that wins the championship, it's how it used to work when 1st place got more than 2 point advantage over 2nd.

2 live
22-10-2007, 16:17
lol..its fuk all like trackdays mate. we pay to go on them, they get paid to race, not get waved past .

ok so the guy was in a slower car, but still, race drivers have won in slower cars before.

i see what your saying in the sense that gentlemanly conduct would allow the much faster car through, but the blue flag?? when they on the same lap.?? bit suss, no matter how much faster the car behind is. did u see any officials wavin the blue flag at senna on the last lap of monaco when mansell was obviously in the much faster car, getting held up a LOT by the car in front......errrr no...and it shouldnt be happening now.

ok so the guy had nothing to race for, except possibly wanting to score some points in his very first gp. how confidence inspiring would that be for him? and how bad would it have been to see some more decent overtaking manouevres from lewis? after all, isnt that what f1 is all about?? if you dont start at the front , try to outsmart, outmanouevre, outclass your opponants to get past them?? or would you rather just watch them all get blue flagged til they guy they want to win is leading??

as said tho, hamilton has had an excellent first season, and is undoubtedly going to be a future world champ

2 live
22-10-2007, 16:28
where do u stop?? u say the guys in front of him werent competitive, but then neither are jordan as a team...doesnt stop them claiming the odd point or even podium tho does it?? does that mean any of the lower teams should be waved over to let the more expensive machinery through???

in fact.why not fuk them off altogether and just let mclaren and rari go for it. they the only 2 really competitive teams now. waste of time anyone else being on the circuit if they not allowed to block/fight for position.

bluenose
22-10-2007, 17:20
I can sense there is alot of support for Alonso. I was thinking we could maybe put up a banner on the homepage? Something like this:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/bluenose_photos/alonso.jpg

I hope you like it :lol: :lol:

rob-legend
22-10-2007, 18:09

it's nothing to do about british, i have my reasons like other people. i didn't want him to win. and i'm not a racist either.

Daz.
22-10-2007, 18:12
^^ Like it - The chin of a champion :lol:

J o n
22-10-2007, 19:14
lol..its f*k all like trackdays mate. we pay to go on them, they get paid to race, not get waved past .

ok so the guy was in a slower car, but still, race drivers have won in slower cars before.

i see what your saying in the sense that gentlemanly conduct would allow the much faster car through, but the blue flag?? when they on the same lap.?? bit suss, no matter how much faster the car behind is. did u see any officials wavin the blue flag at senna on the last lap of monaco when mansell was obviously in the much faster car, getting held up a LOT by the car in front......errrr no...and it shouldnt be happening now.

ok so the guy had nothing to race for, except possibly wanting to score some points in his very first gp. how confidence inspiring would that be for him? and how bad would it have been to see some more decent overtaking manouevres from lewis? after all, isnt that what f1 is all about?? if you dont start at the front , try to outsmart, outmanouevre, outclass your opponants to get past them?? or would you rather just watch them all get blue flagged til they guy they want to win is leading??

as said tho, hamilton has had an excellent first season, and is undoubtedly going to be a future world champ

that's not the way it works though and you know that lol. Senna/Mansell is a totally different scenario, that was for the championship and I'm pretty sure all the backmarkers would move over as they always did for the quicker car. Why be a cunt and hold someone else up and **** their race up to satisfy your own ego? No point to it, you stand to gain one place and end the chance of someone else who has a real shot at winning the big thing.

The race is not decided on the grid, but your talking about people in 15th place here... besides, a novice F1 driver or otherwise would find it's probably not in their own interest to hold up a much quicker car, it's asking for an accident and repair bill... either way, that's the way it's always been for the slower cars in the field, but he still had to force his way past a few which was entertaining as F1 usually bores me into a coma

Wobba
22-10-2007, 19:19
HAHA, like the pic.

Now it's the day after, I don't want Lewis to win on a technicality. It would be lame.

It was still fixed though :)

2 live
22-10-2007, 19:21
where do u stop?? u say the guys in front of him werent competitive, but then neither are jordan as a team...doesnt stop them claiming the odd point or even podium tho does it?? does that mean any of the lower teams should be waved over to let the more expensive machinery through???

in fact.why not f*k them off altogether and just let mclaren and rari go for it. they the only 2 really competitive teams now. waste of time anyone else being on the circuit if they not allowed to block/fight for position.

kenny
22-10-2007, 19:49
Well done Wobba, you livened things up a bit. Get that mincey banner down else a gunboat armada will be dispatched. On an unrelated point, how many trashed williams does it take to get black-balled from the club?

richy
22-10-2007, 20:15
i dont think it would be fair to take the title off kimi now, and if it was me id not want it if i won it like that!

but if they did break the rules then they should be fined the same as mclaren was for using 2 sets of tyres, which they didnt fine any of the other 3 teams who used more then 1 set in the same session! grudge against mclaren or....??

as for the blueflag thing, i agree with that if he's much slower he should have moved over, its been proved enough times that the areodynamics regulations make it much harder to follow a car causing lose of grip etc unlike the f1 cars of 10 year ago which wasnt effected by this, also didnt they also use to run full slicks not the cut slicks like now? which again would of made it easyier to overtake back then!

yes we have seen hamilton overtaking plenty this year but he has taken some risks to get past, but before he joined i dont remember half as much overtaking which was why f1 was so bloody boring!

2 live
22-10-2007, 20:21
end of the day...its a race. whether your at the back of the grid or the front, the only thing the driver should be thinking of is finishing in the best possible position they can. if they have to hold someone up to do it. fair enough. part of the racing game is to keep people behind you as much as it is to pass the people in front.

personally i dont think a blue flag should be waved, in a race, unless the person coming up behind is coming to lap the 1 in front. kinda overlooks the point of racing imo.

Wobba
22-10-2007, 20:24
Well done Wobba, you livened things up a bit. Get that mincey banner down else a gunboat armada will be dispatched. On an unrelated point, how many trashed williams does it take to get black-balled from the club?

lolol

http://www.asrm48.dsl.pipex.com/cars/intheclub.gif

bluenose
22-10-2007, 21:33

:o Mincey banner? I see no mincey banner! :P We all love Fernando, it just appears that only me and Daz are comfortable with it :lol:

Wobba
25-10-2007, 00:15
Well, the latest seems to be Hamilton saying Kimi should have the title as he reckons he deserved it. I think he would be embarrassed to win it on default.