PDA

View Full Version : coolant flushing

plunky
16-10-2007, 16:21
hi, can somebody just do a quick guide on how to flush through the coolant system on a mk1 1.4 please?
cheers

Lunner
16-10-2007, 19:25
Remove bottom rad hose, run shit loads of water through the system both ways till it flows clear, using a hosepipe, reconnect hoses, fill with coolant, bleed

cliolord
16-10-2007, 21:42
:lol: If your going to blast out the heater matrix, pray to god first that it doesn't leak after :P

plunky
16-10-2007, 21:55
ok cheers
does it take long?
i've also noticed the clip on the hose at the bottom of the rad is bloody stiff! any ideas of how to get it off cos its in quite an awkward place aswell!

cliolord
16-10-2007, 23:22
ok cheers
does it take long?
i've also noticed the clip on the hose at the bottom of the rad is bloody stiff! any ideas of how to get it off cos its in quite an awkward place aswell!

Some grips will get that boy off or if your extremely patient a long nose pliers will do it...once removed get a jubilee clip on there. those metal clips are swines!

titcharoony
17-10-2007, 09:24
indeed those clips are swines. if u can, use jubliee clips after. my advice for the hose is to pry it off (only a bit mind) with a screwdriver from the front. the twisty it off. thats what i did when the bloody thing wudnt come off.