PDA

View Full Version : Just to throw a spanner in the works

KingStromba
03-06-2005, 17:29
Clio cup race cars ran standard calipers, standard discs, standard hoses and a track pad.

There races were 20 laps long and the person i spoke to about it said no cars suffered from brake fade.

Discuss :wink:

Jan
03-06-2005, 17:36
I've not had brake fade in my williams yet. Not been on a track or owned it over the summer though... yet :wink:

Do i drive like a faggot or are the oe brakes that good? Discuss

big hp
03-06-2005, 17:48
Coming back from FCS racing my mate and his g/f (both driving VTS's) through Milton Keynes which is about 5 miles of straights and roundabouts I didn't get any fade, and i really was stamping the brakes on and it was short straights before the next round about, thus not giving them time to cool. I have got Brembo max discs but even then that shouldn't make a difference. Williams brakes are more than adequate.

My mate even commented on how late i was braking and how aggressive my braking looked. He also said his brakes faded on every R/A for last mile or so.

northy
03-06-2005, 17:51
can get mine to fade off at 30mph lol on one application.

I dont think the abs helps much on the 3's

Lunner
03-06-2005, 18:04
Never had any fade around FCS, and that was 20+ laps

KingStromba
03-06-2005, 18:19
can get mine to fade off at 30mph lol on one application.

I dont think the abs helps much on the 3's

What pads are you running though?

richy
03-06-2005, 18:37
not really had any problems with mine tbh, but not tracked them yet, tbh id rather trust a set of wilwood 4pots then a 10year old set of calipers lol

edde
03-06-2005, 20:34
I ran the k-tec big disk conversion so that should in theory be better and I faded that after just two laps.
Maybe racing drivers drove within the margins of the brakes more or maybe the tyres couldn't handle more braking power so the brakes were nevber stretched as much.

2 live
03-06-2005, 21:01
they just used their sequential boxes to slow down quicker

i managed about 5 or 6 laps or so of oulton before i had no brakes wotsoever......can get em to fade quite easily after some serious abuse

which is why 4 pots will be makin their way onto mine too

richy
03-06-2005, 21:12
^^ the reason why i got mine so dont have this problem!

BRUN
03-06-2005, 23:54
didnt they use standard discs etc because they had to ?

BenR
04-06-2005, 00:41
Clio cup race cars ran standard calipers, standard discs, standard hoses and a track pad.

There races were 20 laps long and the person i spoke to about it said no cars suffered from brake fade.

I run std everything and get no fade, ever.

StevieP
04-06-2005, 03:12
Mine were giving up after 25 minutes of FCS, made me go thru the coned chicane once or twice.. Might be the fact that I can't drive properly, or I was braking TOO late but when I see a bit of steam/light smoke coming from my calipers thru my alloys when I took to the pits it made me wonder...

KingStromba
04-06-2005, 10:58
they just used their sequential boxes to slow down quicker

i managed about 5 or 6 laps or so of oulton before i had no brakes wotsoever......can get em to fade quite easily after some serious abuse

which is why 4 pots will be makin their way onto mine too

No cup cars ran a valver gearbox.

KingStromba
04-06-2005, 10:59
didnt they use standard discs etc because they had to ?

Yes they had to. Only thing they could change was the pads.

J o n
04-06-2005, 11:23

I run std everything and get no fade, ever.

brake pedal is the middle one, you forgot about it thats why!

Mark_Ritchspeed
04-06-2005, 11:59
Fook knows. All I know is, they dont last with me. Incidentally the track at FCS was very easy on brakes, I barely got mine up to temperature. :roll:

I will say though that the early 1.8 Cup cars arent very fast in a straight line, so wont have to scrub too much speed into a corner.

KingStromba
04-06-2005, 12:07
Ill try to find out what pads they ran, i think they were just a track / race pad tbh