PDA

View Full Version : POLICE SUSPEND USE OF ALL LASER SPEED GUNS

darrenm1eqn
11-10-2007, 17:41
Police in Kent have suspended use of all laser speed guns following a court case.

An email sent globally to all officers in south Kent, and leaked to a newspaper, stated: 'Following a court case at Folkestone yesterday and in liaison with the Criminal Justice Unit (traffic) a review of speed enforcement policy is to be made regarding the use of all laser speed guns in South Kent.

'Pending this review, NO further FPN's [fixed penalty notices] or summons should be issued.'

Apparently the action is force-wide.

The email was dated October 4 and said it was hoped the review would be completed within two weeks. It was signed by roads policing officer Phil Sharp and said officers would be notified of 'any changes in policy required before any further enforcement takes place'.

A second email to all south Kent officers stated that standard police drivers may not exceed 100mph.

The email, from area driving examiner Ian Clark, said: 'Standard Drivers/Riders are trained to drive/ride response vehicles up to, and not exceeding, a speed of 100mph. Therefore, Standard Drivers/Riders will be required to justify their actions if found to be travelling in excess of the 100mph speed limit. Only accredited Advanced Drivers/Riders may exceed speeds of 100mph.'

The force has not confirmed whether the suspension includes LTI 20.20 laser speed detectors used in speed camera vans.

Full Story At http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=16930

white16valver
11-10-2007, 18:14
Good stuff :twisted:

simonr85
11-10-2007, 18:24
does that mean if a standard copper is chasing me then i can do 100+ and he aint allowed to follow? 8)

Mr.AdamB
11-10-2007, 18:30
aye i have :twisted: lol im not even joking. best addrenalin rush ever!

fasterthanjesus
11-10-2007, 20:55
vascar

2 live
11-10-2007, 21:03
does this include T5s in Yorkshire?? I raced one the other week ,was over 100 wen i booted it....honestly didnt know it was a copper......lol

i didnt even get pulled, just given a smirk and a nod of the head.

ae
11-10-2007, 21:16
Time to book a holiday in Kent :P

Andrew

Tullyvernon
11-10-2007, 23:09
Nice 1, Theres a real clamp down on young drivers in my area at the moment, there handing out points like thers no tomorow!!!! They must be stoped! lol

The Accomplice
12-10-2007, 00:11
well there's one less panda car on the road in bristol thanks to some blind fool lol :oops: